U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-22-2009, 08:40 AM
 
10 posts, read 14,958 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Does Allah create us in vain? [/SIZE]

The brain is aware of the existence of Allah Almighty by the use of the signs in the universe. The human brain recognizes that the Creator of the universe is Knowledgeable and Wise. Thus, it is quite impossible that He creates us in vain and without a special target. Otherwise, this fact would not be in tandem with His wisdom, Glory be to Him.

{{ "Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?"
. So Exalted be Allāh, the True King, Lā ilāha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Lord of the Supreme Throne!!}}, (Holy Qur'an 23: 115

[SIZE=3]Though, we cannot know what does the Creator want from us, How to worship Him as He really wants us to do? How to thank Him? This is why He has sent to us messengers to tell us about Himself (Allah Almighty) and the reason He has created the universe. Why he has created us? What is the life-style He has depicted for us to follow? And what He has preserved to us whether it is a reward or a punishment?

{{ Messengers as bearers of good news as well as of warning in order that mankind should have no plea against Allāh after the Messengers. And Allāh is Ever All­Powerful, All­Wise. }}, (Holy Qur'an 4: 165)

The messengers, whom Allah has picked out from the best of His creatures, were under the custody and the protection of Allah. They have brought miracles from Allah Almighty to give evidence of their truthful message. Allah has sent down to them the procedure of life which must be performed by the humankind. As it is, he who has obeyed Allah and his messengers will be perfectly rewarded by Allah Almighty; and he has disobeyed Allah will be punished for sure.
{{ And whoso obeys Allāh and the Messenger (Muhammad), then they will be in the company of those on whom Allāh has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophets, the Siddiqūn (those followers of the Prophets who were first and foremost to believe in them.), the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are!.
}}, (Holy Qur'an 4: 69).[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Furthermore, Allah Almighty has confirmed in the Holy Qur'an: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]{{ And whosoever disobeys Allāh and His Messenger (Muhammad), and transgresses His limits, He will cast him into the Fire, to abide therein; and he shall have a disgraceful torment. }}, (Holy Qur'an 4:14 )

Allah Almighty has explained to us that the creation is certainly for specific wisdom:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]{{ And We created not the heaven and the earth and all that is between them without purpose! That is the consideration of those who disbelieve! Then woe to those who disbelieve (in Islāmic Monotheism) from the Fire! }}.(Holy Qur'an 38:27)

Allah Almighty has made it clear to us to know the reason behind the creation of the humankind:
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]{{ And I (Allāh) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).}} (Holy Qur'an 51: 56 ).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]It goes without saying that worshiping Allah is not only praying, genuflecting, and fasting, but it contains also all the deeds and the behavior which Allah loves us to do. Taking care of the orphan is considered as worshipping. Visiting a sick person is part of worshipping. Taking away anything that might hurt the others in the road is a way of worshipping. Greeting the others is also worshipping….etc.

Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah has confirmed:
Worshipping is a name that is connected to everything Allah Almighty loves and agrees on whether it is related to sayings, interior and exterior deeds. Prayer, giving alms, fasting, doing the pilgrimage, saying the truth, loyalty, filial devotion, good contact with one's relatives, fulfillment of the pact, Ordering to work out kindness and avoiding badness, striving against the unbelievers and hypocrites, the philanthropy to the neighbors, orphans, indigent, vagabond, slaves, animals, invocation of Allah, reading…are all kinds of worshipping Allah Almighty.

The love of Allah and His messenger, the fear of Allah, deputation to His Almighty, keeping loyalty to His religion, being patient to his orders, being thankful to His beneficence, the contentment towards His fate, the reliance on him, Beseeching His mercy and apprehending his excruciation, and the like are all kinds of worshipping Allah Almighty.
[/SIZE]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2009, 08:43 AM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,468,534 times
Reputation: 3946
Human beings evolved, they weren't created.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 AM
 
434 posts, read 872,053 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Human beings evolved, they weren't created.
Amen to that. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 09:44 AM
 
10 posts, read 14,958 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Human beings evolved, they weren't created.
who said this ? do you really Believe on this ???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:28 AM
 
2,893 posts, read 5,295,909 times
Reputation: 1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moon View Post
who said this ? do you really Believe on this ???????
Darwin first posited the hypothesis of evolution.

I don't have to "believe" what is a fact. I *accept* that evolution is a fact and that, by extension, human beings evolve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:31 AM
 
1,403 posts, read 3,132,366 times
Reputation: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Darwin first posited the hypothesis of evolution.

I don't have to "believe" what is a fact. I *accept* that evolution is a fact and that, by extension, human beings evolve.

But...but....don't you need an overly long post full of different sized and color fonts (and pasted from other discussion boards) to make your point??? No gobbledy-**** from a holy book??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:32 AM
 
434 posts, read 872,053 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Moon View Post
who said this ? do you really Believe on this ???????
Dark moon, I had the same religion as you for a loooooong time....until i opened my eyes and saw through the Bull SH**T. it's possible! it really is!

READ: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

it will change your life for the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 10:34 AM
 
2,893 posts, read 5,295,909 times
Reputation: 1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
But...but....don't you need an overly long post full of different sized and color fonts (and pasted from other discussion boards) to make your point??? No gobbledy-**** from a holy book??

No, I have too much respect for my audience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 02:41 PM
 
1,272 posts, read 1,599,969 times
Reputation: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Darwin first posited the hypothesis of evolution.

I don't have to "believe" what is a fact. I *accept* that evolution is a fact and that, by extension, human beings evolve.
Evolution is indeed an undeniable fact. However, evolution doesn't concern life's origins, and does not preclude a "creation" at some point in the distant past (as in billions of years) by some being or beings. It does of course falsify the creation stories described in the Bible, Quran, and other primitive man-made myths, but most intelligent, educated people already knew those were ridiculous fairytales anyway..

If there is a creator, it is not the god of Christianity, Islam or any other earthly religion, except perhaps Deism or Pantheism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2009, 03:05 PM
 
10 posts, read 14,958 times
Reputation: 14
The Existence of God, glorified & exalted is He.

Though I haven’t seen the Creator, glorified & exalted is He, I believe in Him .It's inescapable to believe in Him, because I see the evidences of His existence in myself ,& in everywhere around me.
He has blessed every nation with sending an apostle from themselves, informing them about the essence of the Almighty, His attributes, & His purpose of creating them. { Messengers as bearers of good news as well as of warning in order that mankind should have no plea against Allāh after the (coming of) Messengers. And Allāh is Ever All-Powerful, All-Wise.} (Nissa, 165)
We know how the gravity announces its existence,& we (human) have discovered the laws which controls it. yet, the greatest scientists can not know the quiddity of gravity. So, why do we believe in its existence? Because we see the evidences of its existence everywhere. Likewise, electricity, wireless wave, electron, & spirit. Therefore, not seeing the object is not evidence that it doesn't exist.
Once, an atheist teacher addressed his students saying: "this chair exists because we see it. But, we don't see God. So, He doesn't exist" .One of the students said:" Are you sane, teacher?". "Yes" the teacher replied. "Did you see your brain?" the student asked. "No" he replied. Then the student said "How do you claim being sane?"
{ So the disbeliever was utterly defeated. And Allāh guides not the people, who are Zālimūn (wrong-doers).}(2. 258)
Every one of us knows his tall, width, weight, & qualities. However, he knows nothing about his essence, his soul, & his spirit. It's a secret. Yet, it's more real than any reality. If man doesn't know his essence ,how does he claim the knowledge of God's essence, and a fortiori, how to deny it?!
Let us listen to Albert Einstein when a group of theologians, moralists, & materialists went to him in his office in the Seminary in Princeton University. & they asked him:" What do you think about God?"
He replied:
" If I succeeded in inventing a machine that enables me to speak with microbes,& I talked to a tiny microbe standing on a top of a single human hair.I would ask him:"Where do you think you are?". He would say: " I think I am standing on a tall tree" . Then I would say to him:"This single hair you are standing on is only one of the hair of human head.& the head is only one part of the human body."
Could this tiny microbe imagine the immensity of the human size & his weight? No.
Compared to God, I am tinier than that microbe & infinitely smaller. How could I come to know God who knows every thing?"
The stars can not be seen by our weak vision, while it is (the ornament of the worldly sky) how to see the one who created them. & If the human vision can't bear looking at the sun, How to bear looking at the light of God, glorified & exalted is He.
Thus, when Moses said to God, glorified & exalted is He, {"O my Lord! Show me (Yourself), that I may look upon You." Allāh said: "You cannot see Me, but look upon the mountain; if it stands still in its place then you shall see Me."} God informed him that the mountain ,with its strength & solidity ,doesn't still when God appears (manifestation). What about a human who is weak?! { So when his Lord appeared to the mountain , He made it collapse to dust, and Mūsā (Moses) fell down unconscious. Then when he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to You, I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers."} (al-a'araf. 143)
If God appeared to mankind in earth, they would be fascinated. & then, this worldly existence wouldn't be a trial any more. Since the belief would be mandatory (obligatory), & the test would be meaningless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top