U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 AM
 
100 posts, read 139,124 times
Reputation: 43

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
And Nari spelled backwards is Iran.

Nahi!!!!!!!!
thank 's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2009, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Sugar Land
232 posts, read 628,997 times
Reputation: 142
Default Reasons to leave Islam

when you live in a free country unlike middle east or any Islamic country w/o freedoms...it is tough to not find the truth...

these people have:
testimonial
Islam was fabricated by a warlord to control people and gather more troops for his battles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2009, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,078 posts, read 17,664,473 times
Reputation: 7720
I'm a Christian and I didn't wait until I had exhausted Christianity to explore the Qur'an because I haven't exhausted my faith and never will. Frankly, I explored it to "know thine enemy," but that's another subject.

The problem I have with Islam is that it's all based upon the teachings of the Prophet (including the Hadith as well, which is little more than someones interpretation of what Mohammed said or meant to say), and that's based upon his personal, unsubstantiated revelations from Allah. Yes, there may have been a couple of scribes who testified to his trance-like state, or whatever, but there is no corroboration of what he actually claims to have heard. In other words, Islam expects one to believe the truthfullness of Mohammed without any proof whatsoever that he actually heard what he claims to have heard. It's entirely dependent upon the honesty and truthfullness of one man who, like the rest of us, was far from perfect. In truth, I would reject ANY such personal revelation from ANYONE of ANY religion because the possibility of error or deliberate misrepresentation is very high.

I don't know about everyone else, but I believe the Bible as it's extant today. Between the Old and New Testaments, it's a revelation from God through 40 different authors, from widely varying backgrounds and circumstances, over a period of about 1500 years and it corroborates itself as they are all in agreement with the basic tenents and the particulars. I'd much rather trust such a book, which was revealed over a long period of time to people who mostly did not, and could not, know each other than one based upon a single person in a single moment in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2009, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,062,085 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I'm a Christian and I didn't wait until I had exhausted Christianity to explore the Qur'an because I haven't exhausted my faith and never will. Frankly, I explored it to "know thine enemy," but that's another subject.

The problem I have with Islam is that it's all based upon the teachings of the Prophet (including the Hadith as well, which is little more than someones interpretation of what Mohammed said or meant to say), and that's based upon his personal, unsubstantiated revelations from Allah. Yes, there may have been a couple of scribes who testified to his trance-like state, or whatever, but there is no corroboration of what he actually claims to have heard. In other words, Islam expects one to believe the truthfullness of Mohammed without any proof whatsoever that he actually heard what he claims to have heard. It's entirely dependent upon the honesty and truthfullness of one man who, like the rest of us, was far from perfect. In truth, I would reject ANY such personal revelation from ANYONE of ANY religion because the possibility of error or deliberate misrepresentation is very high.

I don't know about everyone else, but I believe the Bible as it's extant today. Between the Old and New Testaments, it's a revelation from God through 40 different authors, from widely varying backgrounds and circumstances, over a period of about 1500 years and it corroborates itself as they are all in agreement with the basic tenents and the particulars. I'd much rather trust such a book, which was revealed over a long period of time to people who mostly did not, and could not, know each other than one based upon a single person in a single moment in time.
I don't know what book you read, but the bible is full of contradicitions.

Also, the only people who ever really reported any of the miracles that Jesus performed, were his disciples. Don't dismiss Muhammeds thoughts simply because no one saw them, or a select few did, when Jesus is in the same boat as Muhammed.

A List Of Biblical Contradictions

Here is a long list of bible contradictions.

I'm not saying I believe in Islam, I don't. Its a religion based on strict adherence to beliefs that demean women, and tells you to kill infidels. Of course, Christianity and the bible tell you to do the same things.

Also, did you know that Islamic followers believe in the old testament as well. They even agree that Jesus existed, they just feel he was a prophet, and not a God made flesh. Not to different from the other two major religions if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2009, 09:37 AM
 
100 posts, read 139,124 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier1774 View Post
when you live in a free country unlike middle east or any Islamic country w/o freedoms...it is tough to not find the truth...

these people have:
testimonial
Islam was fabricated by a warlord to control people and gather more troops for his battles.

- the first thank's

1- IF you believe /Pillars of Islam =you are muslim if you are Arab nationality or Foreign nationality
nd who said you can't find the truth hhhhhhhhhha who if you like to know ask your self all the time there is true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2009, 07:02 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,689 times
Reputation: 10
look bros,

Islam is not what is seen in TV or read in news.p. Thant is something political
,
You don't Judge Islam or Moslims by some A** that were thinking they are practicing islam like OSAMA ( Which is not correct).
Islam does not say go and kill ppl, Islam says be kind to ppl.
" The palestinian is a situation where they are fighting for life and country"

I am a muslim but I HAVE NO RESPECT TO OSAMA or any of his thoughts.

If you want to know Islam be a friend with a moslim

brb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2009, 09:05 AM
 
100 posts, read 139,124 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdrive9 View Post
look bros,

Islam is not what is seen in TV or read in news.p. Thant is something political
,
You don't Judge Islam or Moslims by some A** that were thinking they are practicing islam like OSAMA ( Which is not correct).
Islam does not say go and kill ppl, Islam says be kind to ppl.
" The palestinian is a situation where they are fighting for life and country"

I am a muslim but I HAVE NO RESPECT TO OSAMA or any of his thoughts.

If you want to know Islam be a friend with a moslim

brb

- thank you Definitely islam religion is =justice
-who like osama .i don't like him nd our muslims hate her work hasbiya ALLAH wa niama AL WAKILe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2009, 09:10 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,062,085 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightdrive9 View Post
look bros,

Islam is not what is seen in TV or read in news.p. Thant is something political
,
You don't Judge Islam or Moslims by some A** that were thinking they are practicing islam like OSAMA ( Which is not correct).
Islam does not say go and kill ppl, Islam says be kind to ppl.
" The palestinian is a situation where they are fighting for life and country"

I am a muslim but I HAVE NO RESPECT TO OSAMA or any of his thoughts.

If you want to know Islam be a friend with a moslim

brb

My best freind grow up practiced Islam. I'll be honest, when I was a kid I found it weird, but I grew up in the bible belt, and everyone else I knew was a Christian.

There are good Christians, and good Muslims to be sure. However, the religions themselves both have scriptural writings that encourage homicide against non-believers, the death of homosexuals, the subjugation of women, and many other petty laws.

This is why I oppose anyone who says that they back all of their religious beliefs. If a Muslim man or woman says she or he believes every word in the Quran, then I dismiss them immediately as either idiots who didn't read their own religious documentation, or zealots who probably would rather see me dead than alive. Same goes for Christians who say they believe every word in the bible is real and the word of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top