U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Status: "Welcome, to the Haunted Mansion..." (set 8 hours ago)
 
Location: Walt Disney World
16,401 posts, read 8,932,397 times
Reputation: 1668

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
My Creator is not a vengeful, spiteful, egotistical, maniacal, god. My Creator cares about all of his creations.
What religion are you, if you don't mind saying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2009, 07:17 PM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
10,513 posts, read 10,344,972 times
Reputation: 6870
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What religion are you, if you don't mind saying?
I do not belong to a religion, I am Tsalagi, I am a Keetoowah Elder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Status: "Welcome, to the Haunted Mansion..." (set 8 hours ago)
 
Location: Walt Disney World
16,401 posts, read 8,932,397 times
Reputation: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I do not belong to a religion, I am Tsalagi, I am a Keetoowah Elder.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2009, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
10,513 posts, read 10,344,972 times
Reputation: 6870
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Thanks!
And you have absolutely no idea what that is, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2009, 07:28 PM
 
4,529 posts, read 4,870,053 times
Reputation: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
My Creator is not a vengeful, spiteful, egotistical, maniacal, god. My Creator cares about all of his creations.
NM, thought you were another poster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Status: "Welcome, to the Haunted Mansion..." (set 8 hours ago)
 
Location: Walt Disney World
16,401 posts, read 8,932,397 times
Reputation: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
And you have absolutely no idea what that is, do you?
I googled it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2009, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
10,513 posts, read 10,344,972 times
Reputation: 6870
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I googled it.
Well now that's interesting, I do not wish to change the subject here because the young person that ask the original questions has a very good point, however I do find it interesting that you can google and find out a little bit about what I am, however, unless you have actually lived it, you still know very little about it, but I'll give you credit for trying..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2009, 07:49 PM
 
4,608 posts, read 7,300,172 times
Reputation: 1245
But God did help Jesus. The lesson learned was that in having forsaken Jesus at the cross he has learned that his own decisions have consequences and that one should choose and trust friends carefully.

Not sure I get the intermediare part but God is present in all men (and women). Jesus understood that at a very early age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2009, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
10,513 posts, read 10,344,972 times
Reputation: 6870
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
But God did help Jesus. The lesson learned was that in having forsaken Jesus at the cross he has learned that his own decisions have consequences and that one should choose and trust friends carefully.

Not sure I get the intermediare part but God is present in all men (and women). Jesus understood that at a very early age.

That's a very interesting analogy, it sounds like what you're saying is that your Christian God made a mistake in forsaking his son and let him be crucified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Status: "Welcome, to the Haunted Mansion..." (set 8 hours ago)
 
Location: Walt Disney World
16,401 posts, read 8,932,397 times
Reputation: 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Well now that's interesting, I do not wish to change the subject here because the young person that ask the original questions has a very good point, however I do find it interesting that you can google and find out a little bit about what I am, however, unless you have actually lived it, you still know very little about it, but I'll give you credit for trying..
What's your point? Am I somehow not worthy to post here since I haven't walked in your shoes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top