U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,660,640 times
Reputation: 6746

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't own any of that, but according to God and the bible, all humans do own those things. We were given dominion over the Earth, to do with it as we will. Like some cheap hooker on a Saturday night.
As I was explaining to pstum, what Christian don't do.........read your Bible word for word and you too will discover what God is telling you about dominion!!!!.....................*DOMINION (http://www.unityheritage.org/Heritage-Concepts%20Dominion.htm - broken link)

The bible states, that God created the earth and all its creatures, and last of all man, to whom He gave dominion over everything. Also…consider the words of the Psalmist:
Thou makest him to have dominion of the works of thy hands;
Thou hast put all things under his feet.
God created the fundamental ideas culminating in the idea of ideal man. This ideal man has power to mold God’s creation into any manifestation he may choose. If he consults the Father and projects His thoughts in accordance with the law, perfect manifestation followsOne who understands this relation of man to his creator can assert with confidence that this is man’s world and always will be. By right thinking man can have the cooperation of God in producing manifestations and thereby can set up the kingdom of God in the earth; or he can ignore God and attempt to form a world and govern it without divine aid.
We are now living in a civilization dominated by human thought, and confusion is the result. How many ages have and aeons have past since man lost contact with God no one can tell…One scientist says forces released fromthat the the bombs that were used on the Japanese cities in 1945 may affect those who were subjected to them and their descendants for a thousand years. Experimentation proves that we have tapped a kingdom that we do not know how to handle safely.

God gave us freedom of choice. Unfortunately, we have used this freedom to bind ourselves in chains of ignorance. As Individuals, we have thrown up walls of self incrimination and guilt in our consciousness, thus cutting ourselves off from the abundant good that God has for us. Collectively, people have built up false beliefs about sin, sickness, and death, causing us to lose sight of the true meaning of life, which is that we are all children of God. As such, it is our privilege, in fact our very mission, to be heirs to God’s kingdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2009, 10:16 PM
 
Location: Utah
2,331 posts, read 3,019,206 times
Reputation: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Interesting Idea. I suppose when he appeared as Krishna He was Blue? And any idea how he looked when He appeared as Woden?
Please provide a verse from the bible where Christ appeared as Krishna and Woden and I'd be pleased to make a guess. But I expect Woden might have horns under that hat so probably wrong person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 04:45 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,064,600 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
As I was explaining to pstum, what Christian don't do.........read your Bible word for word and you too will discover what God is telling you about dominion!!!!.....................*DOMINION (http://www.unityheritage.org/Heritage-Concepts%20Dominion.htm - broken link)

The bible states, that God created the earth and all its creatures, and last of all man, to whom He gave dominion over everything. Also…consider the words of the Psalmist:
Thou makest him to have dominion of the works of thy hands;
Thou hast put all things under his feet.
God created the fundamental ideas culminating in the idea of ideal man. This ideal man has power to mold God’s creation into any manifestation he may choose. If he consults the Father and projects His thoughts in accordance with the law, perfect manifestation followsOne who understands this relation of man to his creator can assert with confidence that this is man’s world and always will be. By right thinking man can have the cooperation of God in producing manifestations and thereby can set up the kingdom of God in the earth; or he can ignore God and attempt to form a world and govern it without divine aid.
We are now living in a civilization dominated by human thought, and confusion is the result. How many ages have and aeons have past since man lost contact with God no one can tell…One scientist says forces released fromthat the the bombs that were used on the Japanese cities in 1945 may affect those who were subjected to them and their descendants for a thousand years. Experimentation proves that we have tapped a kingdom that we do not know how to handle safely.

God gave us freedom of choice. Unfortunately, we have used this freedom to bind ourselves in chains of ignorance. As Individuals, we have thrown up walls of self incrimination and guilt in our consciousness, thus cutting ourselves off from the abundant good that God has for us. Collectively, people have built up false beliefs about sin, sickness, and death, causing us to lose sight of the true meaning of life, which is that we are all children of God. As such, it is our privilege, in fact our very mission, to be heirs to God’s kingdom.


  • <LI itxtvisited="1">Main Entry: do·min·ion <LI itxtvisited="1">Pronunciation: \də-ˈmi-nyən\ <LI itxtvisited="1">Function: noun <LI itxtvisited="1">Etymology: Middle English dominioun, from Middle French dominion, modification of Latin dominium, from dominus
  • Date: 14th century
1 : domain
2 : supreme authority : sovereignty

Every church service where they talked about Adam and Eve says that God gave the Earth to us. That we have complete control of the planet and all of the life on it, God gave it to us.

You go right ahead and believe what you want, I have read my bible, numerous times. I've read a KJV and a NIV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 08:04 AM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,660,640 times
Reputation: 6746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
  • <LI itxtvisited="1">Main Entry: do·min·ion <LI itxtvisited="1">Pronunciation: \də-ˈmi-nyən\ <LI itxtvisited="1">Function: noun <LI itxtvisited="1">Etymology: Middle English dominioun, from Middle French dominion, modification of Latin dominium, from dominus
  • Date: 14th century
1 : domain
2 : supreme authority : sovereignty

Every church service where they talked about Adam and Eve says that God gave the Earth to us. That we have complete control of the planet and all of the life on it, God gave it to us.

You go right ahead and believe what you want, I have read my bible, numerous times. I've read a KJV and a NIV.
We do have domain, but it's silly for you to think you would treat the earth as a cheap hooker!!

You might read your Bible, but you need to gain respect for it!!!

Last edited by wildflower82; 09-15-2009 at 08:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 08:20 AM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,660,640 times
Reputation: 6746
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
I suppose he could appear in whatever form and color he chooses. When he appeared to Joseph Smith, God's chosen prophet of the restoration, and other witnesses who reported their experience, he had white hair and a white beard, looking identical to Heavenly Father. There is no mention of the color of his eyes or skin that I am aware of.

Jesus of course was a Jew, so during his earth life he would most likely have the coloring and physical characteristics of Jews of that time and location.

I think HE looks more like this. Kind of a Bin Laden look. The church used a white man to get people to feel a better connection to Jesus. Like it would matter what color HE was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Utah
2,331 posts, read 3,019,206 times
Reputation: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think HE looks more like this. Kind of a Bin Laden look. The church used a white man to get people to feel a better connection to Jesus. Like it would matter what color HE was.
Your image is some artist's imaginative creation and has nothing to do with reality.

To equate the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind with Bin Laden is in my opinion grossly disrespectful of the sacred beliefs of millions upon millions of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 09:43 AM
 
2,893 posts, read 5,291,180 times
Reputation: 1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Your image is some artist's imaginative creation and has nothing to do with reality.

To equate the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind with Bin Laden is in my opinion grossly disrespectful of the sacred beliefs of millions upon millions of people.
Unless, of course, Bin Laden *is* your savior and redeemer. Then everything's cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Utah
2,331 posts, read 3,019,206 times
Reputation: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Unless, of course, Bin Laden *is* your savior and redeemer. Then everything's cool.
So you're "cool" with plotting, planning, and murdering 3,000 men, women and children on U.S. soil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 10:13 AM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,660,640 times
Reputation: 6746
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Your image is some artist's imaginative creation and has nothing to do with reality.

To equate the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind with Bin Laden is in my opinion grossly disrespectful of the sacred beliefs of millions upon millions of people.
Your getting it wrong. As far as Bin Ladens, he happens to be very tall, middle eastern, olive complexion. He doesn't look like a monster by any means,although he is. I wasn't comparing Jesus to Bin Laden. Lighten up.

And do you think the picture that the Morman Church has hanging is not an artist opininon??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2009, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Utah
2,331 posts, read 3,019,206 times
Reputation: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
And do you think the picture that the Morman Church has hanging is not an artist opininon??
Of course not, lighten up!

By the way, it's spelled "Mormon."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top