Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:19 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,845,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
i want to save you
If you're saving fallen women, Save two for me please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 08:31 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
We are not yours to save.

i want to Rescue you

Old 09-08-2009, 08:37 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,372,070 times
Quote:
the Quran contains 114 suras (chapters) and they have a total of 6236 verses ,
they deal with all the subjects which concern us as human beings.

6.38 There is not a moving (living) creature on earth, nor a bird that flies with its two wings, but are
communities like you. We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be
gathered.

16.89 And (remember) the Day when We shall raise up from every nation a witness against them from
amongst themselves. And We shall bring you (O Muhammad SAW) as a witness against these. And We
have sent down to you the Book (the Qur'an) as an exposition of everything, a guidance, a mercy, and
glad tidings for those who have submitted themselves (to Allâh as Muslims).

the Qur'an contains a number of verse references which address states of war against transgressors
and it also contain so many verses regarding forgiveness and pardon

7.199 Keep to forgiveness (O Muhammad), and enjoin kindness, and turn away from the ignorant.

24.22 And let not those who possess dignity and ease among you swear not to give to the near of kin
and to the needy, and to fugitives for the cause of Allah. Let them forgive and show indulgence. Yearn
ye not that Allah may forgive you? Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

15.85 We created not the heavens, the earth, and all between them, but for just ends. And the Hour is surely coming (when this will be manifest). So overlook (any human faults) with gracious forgiveness.

16.126 If ye punish, then punish with the like of that wherewith ye were afflicted. But if ye endure
patiently, verily it is better for the patient.

42.40 The guerdon of an ill-deed is an ill the like thereof. But whosoever pardoneth and amendeth, his
wage is the affair of Allah. Lo! He loveth not wrong-doers.

5.13 And because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them and made hard their hearts.
They change words from their context and forget a part of that whereof they were admonished. Thou
wilt not cease to discover treachery from all save a few of them. But bear with them and pardon them.
Lo! Allah loveth the kindly.

3:133 And vie one with another for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for those who ward off (evil)

3:134 Those who spend (of that which Allah hath given them) in ease and in adversity, those who control their wrath and are forgiving toward mankind. Allah loveth the good.

3:135 And those who, when they do an evil thing or wrong themselves, remember Allah and implore forgiveness for their sins - Who forgiveth sins save Allah only? - and will not knowingly
repeat (the wrong) they did.

3:136 The reward of such will be forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever - a bountiful reward for workers!

and there are more

the quran is not only the source of islam but there is also the Hadith which is a reliably transmitted
report of what the Prophet said, did, or approved.

And there are more than tens of thousands of Hadith deal with all the subjects which concern us as human beings.
Most of them emphases and encourage for a nice attitude and noble behavior

Here are some of them

Smiling at your brother’s face is as charity

your removing of stones, thorns, and bones from people’s paths is charity

a person came to Allah,'s Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said :
Who among the people is most deserving of a fine treatment from my hand ?
He said : Your mother.
He again said : Then who (is the next one) ?
He said: Again it is your mother
He said: Then who (is the next one) ?
He (the Holy Prophet) said : Again, it is your mother.
He (again) said: Then who?
Thereupon he said: Then it is your father.

Avoid suspicion, for suspicion is the gravest lie in talk and do not be inquisitive about one another and do not spy upon one another and do not feel envy with the other, and nurse no malice, and nurse no aversion and hostility against one another. And be fellow-brothers and servants of Allah.

None amongst you should point a weapon towards his brother, for he does not know that Satan might cause the weapon (to slip) from his hand and (he may injure anyone) and thus he may fall into Hell-Fire

He will not enter Paradise whose neighbor is not secure from his wrongful conduct.
So are you saying the Qur'an is wrong? If so, that would make you an infidel, according to strict Islamic law wouldn't it.

This is the problem with organized religion, it exists only to expand itself, and organisims that only exist to grow, often kill, destroy, and use up everything that stands in their way.

I showed you a line from the Qur'an that clearly states that you are supposed to kill infidels. Whether you choose to follow that doctorine, and follow all others is up to you.

I used to call myself a Christian, because I believed in the Bible, and I believed that Christ was the son of God. However, the more I read of the Bible, the more I began to understand it was full of flawed writings and teachings, the same applies to the Qur'an. I began to understand that I was no longer a "Christian" by the definition anymore. Perhaps, one day, you'll come to the same conclusion about Islam and yourself. You may agree with its peaceful teachings, I mean who wouldn't, but there is plenty in there thats awful as well.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:41 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,928,777 times
Quote:
i want to Rescue you
I'm not in danger.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:56 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Sura 9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Originally Posted by elwill

This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them... (as quoted above).

read the verse from 1 to 10 , then you can understand it in it's context

Old 09-08-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill

This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them... (as quoted above).

read the verse from 1 to 10 , then you can understand it in it's context
"Now when you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks until you overcome them fully..." (47:4).

"O you who have attained to faith! Fight against those unbelievers who are near you and let them find you adamant, and know that God is with those who are conscious of Him" (9:123).

"O Prophet! Strive hard (lit., make "jihad") against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be adamant with them... " (66:73).

Oh believe me, I've read them in context.

The problem with a religion telling you its ok to kill, for any reason, is that it immediately takes away the power from God, and puts that power into the hands of man.

Who decides if the tribe violated the treaty? Did God come down and tell you they did, or did you come up with that yourself. What treaties did they violate?

The Qur'an also says that you are to only fight a defensive war, which means to take back what is yours and yours alone. So why then did Muslims fight to take Spain? Why do Muslims today fight to take Jeresalem, when that has been a Jewish city since its foundations?

Did you know that Muhammad never set foot in the "holy city"?

My point on all of this is, judge your book and your religion by its actions and words. Men have twisted your religion to meet their own desires and needs. The same has happened with Christianity, and the same with Judaism. The moderate Muslim community is just fine, the same for moderate Christians. They go wrong when they try and force their views down other peoples throats.

Besides this fact, Muslims accept the Torah, as handed down by Moses is part of their beliefs do they not?

Here are some things from the Torah, the Old Testament, and all three of the worlds major religions believe these.

Leviticus 20:9-10 God commands death for cursing out ones parents and death for adultery.

Handicapped people must not approach the altar. Leviticus 21:16-23

Leviticus 26:30 “And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shill ye eat.”

Leviticus 27:28-29 God ordered and allowed human sacrifices.

Numbers 21:27-35 God abetted Moses in utterly destroying the Amorites at Heshbon - “…the men, the women, and the little ones.”

Numbers 31:17-18 God commands Moses to kill all the Medianite people including children and women.

Deuteronomy 3:3-7 God ordered Moses’ army to “utterly destroy” 60 cities, killing all the women and children within!

Deuteronomy 7:12 God ordered the Israelites to kill all the people of seven nations. He even adds, “show no mercy unto them”.

Leviticus 19:19 (New International Version)

19 " 'Keep my decrees.
" 'Do not mate different kinds of animals.
" 'Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed.
" 'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material.

Have you ever worn clothes with 50 poly and 50 cotton? I bet you have.

Do you think we should kill all homosexuals? Thats in there to.

Again, Your religion, my old religion, and the Jewish religion all advocates killing in the name of God. None of these religions can call themselves the religion of peace, or they can, and I'll call them hypocrits.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:13 PM

33,518 posts, read 37,111,020 times
CAIRO — A woman journalist convicted of public indecency for wearing trousers outdoors was freed Tuesday, despite her own desire to serve a month in prison as protest against Sudan's draconian morality laws.
The judge who convicted Lubna Hussein had imposed a $200 fine as her sentence, avoiding the maximum sentence of 40 lashes in an apparent attempt to put an end to a case that had raised international criticism of Sudan.
The Associated Press: Sudanese woman convicted of wearing trousers freed

How dare she wear trousers

Old 09-08-2009, 12:43 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,631,598 times
We often see the comparison of violent verses compared in the Bible and the Quran on this forum. Violent passages in the Bible are in the books of the old testament. I am not aware of any aggressive verses in the New Testament. Please note that Christianity is the result of the NEW convenent with God, not the old one. The Quran is also basically divided into two parts. The first part when Mohammed was in Mecca living amongst Jews and Christians. The second part was revealed and written when Mohammed was in Medina. When he was there, he was a rich warlord. All the verses of tolerance are in the earlier verses in Mecca. The more violent ones when he as in Medina later in his life. I believe the Quran implicates that whenever a verse is in conflict with another, the verse which is revealed later in time is the more accurate statement from Allah and therefore makes the earlier verse null and void. How God can make improvements to His Revelations is a little disturbing in of itself, but nevertheless, the tolerant verses have almost all been superseded by a more violent verse. And note that the Quran is not laid out from the oldest to the newest books. So don't go by the order of the books in the Quran to determine chronological order.

One other thing to remember is that Mohammed is considered the perfect Muslim and it is encouraged that all Muslims be more like Mohammed. This is very similar to that Christians are taught to be more like Jesus (WWJD). Please take note that Mohammed beheaded 600 to 900 people PERSONALLY and married a 9-year old and consummated his marriage with that bride when she was 12. So what kind of culture would encourage emulation of this behavior? Not in any culture I want to live in. That's for sure.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:43 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,701,496 times
One of the finest virtues of the hijab - Photography

Hint: Ferry's black body (Physics anyone?? )

Old 09-08-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
CAIRO — A woman journalist convicted of public indecency for wearing trousers outdoors was freed Tuesday, despite her own desire to serve a month in prison as protest against Sudan's draconian morality laws.
The judge who convicted Lubna Hussein had imposed a $200 fine as her sentence, avoiding the maximum sentence of 40 lashes in an apparent attempt to put an end to a case that had raised international criticism of Sudan.
The Associated Press: Sudanese woman convicted of wearing trousers freed

How dare she wear trousers

Oh, did you read the whole story?

She was having a get together with other women, when police raided her house. Apparently, all or most of the women were wearing pants (trousers). All but 2 of them accepted a lashing, A FREAKING LASHING!!!!! For what, wearing pants, ugh, unbelieveable. And people wonder why I'm against organized Religion influencing law and politics.

The woman you posted about, because she fought it, got a 200 dollar fine. She was determined to stay in jail rather than pay the fine. However, she has become such a spokesperson against cruelity in their country, that they just want her to drift away. I wouldn't be surprised if she turns up dead in a couple of weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam