U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:54 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,592,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
She was having a get together with other women, when police raided her house. Apparently, all or most of the women were wearing pants (trousers). All but 2 of them accepted a lashing, A FREAKING LASHING!!!!! For what, wearing pants, ugh, unbelieveable. And people wonder why I'm against organized Religion influencing law and politics.
I'd say this is a cop problem. If I had been the cop, all the women would have hurled their pants away in a heartbeat and implored me to spank them

It's a recruitment disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 01:22 PM

4,639 posts, read 5,104,316 times
The old Christian testosteronement was FULL of weird rules. The old "god" had so many complaints about the nooks and crannies in his human creations. Don't be too hasty to judge Islam. People have the freedom to be strict or moderate. They aren't trying to force me to do anything. Men can be weird and restrictive in any religion. Some of the Christian sects were/are very strict about what women do. Fanatics are found all over the place. Most men do not beat, and kill their wives.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:49 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,087,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
The old Christian testosteronement was FULL of weird rules. The old "god" had so many complaints about the nooks and crannies in his human creations. Don't be too hasty to judge Islam. People have the freedom to be strict or moderate. They aren't trying to force me to do anything. Men can be weird and restrictive in any religion. Some of the Christian sects were/are very strict about what women do. Fanatics are found all over the place. Most men do not beat, and kill their wives.
When was the last time a woman in America was beaten by public officials for wearing pants?

I know Christians had a bunch of stupid laws in the old testament, they are the same stupid laws that Muslims and Jews follow. (Torah = old testament) and Muslims believe that the Torah is written by God.

Still, this seems to happen a lot more in Muslim countries as of late. Perhaps its because they are new to the industrialezed world, but maybe its because their religious beliefs are to extreme.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
When was the last time a woman in America was beaten by public officials for wearing pants?

I know Christians had a bunch of stupid laws in the old testament, they are the same stupid laws that Muslims and Jews follow. (Torah = old testament) and Muslims believe that the Torah is written by God.

Still, this seems to happen a lot more in Muslim countries as of late. Perhaps its because they are new to the industrialezed world, but maybe its because their religious beliefs are to extreme.
American women were beaten and thrown in jail for wanting to vote. They had to fight for that right. And men opposed that right. It threatened their male egos at the time.

Brutal Treatment of Women Suffragists at Occoquan Workhouse

Old 09-08-2009, 05:13 PM

No one should be forced to wear things that threaten well being. Sometimes flowing robes are dangerous. Especially when it's windy, and you are asked to run, and the folds trip you. Fashions of all types can be dangerous. Bustles and corsets, flouncy sleeves, net shirts, They can catch on things. I don't know how those women can even see where they are going. If they voluntary cover from head to toe, that's one thing, but being forced is wrong. Imagine being run over by a vehicle while trying to get out of the way ?

Old 09-08-2009, 05:21 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,087,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
American women were beaten and thrown in jail for wanting to vote. They had to fight for that right. And men opposed that right. It threatened their male egos at the time.

Brutal Treatment of Women Suffragists at Occoquan Workhouse
I didn't say anything about the vote, I said for wearing pants. I know American women haven't always had it good, hell on some accounts they still don't. However, the journey of a 1000 miles begins with a single foot step, and I'd say that the right to wear whatever it is you want, would come first. Perhaps, only behind the right to practice whatever religion you want, and with that right comes other civil rights.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:08 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,066,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
I'm not in danger.
not in this life

but in the life after death

Old 09-12-2009, 08:41 AM

124 posts, read 282,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
not in this life

but in the life after death

Why? How do you know for sure? How do you know that you are right and everyone else is wrong? What if the Budhists are right? I can say for certain that nobody knows FOR SURE what is coming after death.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
I didn't say anything about the vote, I said for wearing pants. I know American women haven't always had it good, hell on some accounts they still don't. However, the journey of a 1000 miles begins with a single foot step, and I'd say that the right to wear whatever it is you want, would come first. Perhaps, only behind the right to practice whatever religion you want, and with that right comes other civil rights.
Yes, I understood that you were talking about pants. I was simply pointing out the freedoms that women are willing to fight for. Pants, voting, swimsuit styles, controlling our own bodies.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:01 AM

19,078 posts, read 21,933,263 times
Quote:
Oh, did you read the whole story?

She was having a get together with other women, when police raided her house. Apparently, all or most of the women were wearing pants (trousers). All but 2 of them accepted a lashing, A FREAKING LASHING!!!!! For what, wearing pants, ugh, unbelieveable. And people wonder why I'm against organized Religion influencing law and politics.

The woman you posted about, because she fought it, got a 200 dollar fine. She was determined to stay in jail rather than pay the fine. However, she has become such a spokesperson against cruelity in their country, that they just want her to drift away. I wouldn't be surprised if she turns up dead in a couple of weeks.
That's scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or