U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 09:25 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,065,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
Why? How do you know for sure? How do you know that you are right and everyone else is wrong? What if the Budhists are right? I can say for certain that nobody knows FOR SURE what is coming after death.

Allah sent to us many prophets and many messengers

and the last messenger is Muhammed peace be upon him

and the last book is the quran

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "We believe in Allah and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob) and Al-Asbat [the offspring of the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)] and what was given to Musa (Moses), 'Îsa (Jesus) and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one another among them and to Him (Allah) we have submitted (in Islam).

"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers . 3.84:85
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
Why? How do you know for sure? How do you know that you are right and everyone else is wrong? What if the Budhists are right? I can say for certain that nobody knows FOR SURE what is coming after death.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]
“Say (O Muhammad): “O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allaah” [al-A’raaf 7:158]

the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“By the One is Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, not one of this nation, Jew or Christian, will hear of me and will die without having believed in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the dwellers of Hell fire.”

Narrated Abu Dharr: I came to the Prophet while he was wearing white clothes and sleeping.
Then I went back to him again after he had got up from his sleep.
He said, "Nobody says: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah' and then later on he dies while believing in that, except that he will enter Paradise.'
I said, "Even It he had committed illegal sexual intercourse and theft."
He said. 'Even If he had committed illegal sexual intercourse and theft,"
I said. "Even if he had committed illegal sexual intercourse and theft?
I said, 'Even if he had committed illegal sexual intercourse and thefts.'
He said, "Even If he had committed Illegal sexual intercourse and theft, inspite of the Abu Dharrs dislikeness.

Abu 'Abdullah said, "This is at the time of death or before it if one repents and regrets and says "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah. He will be forgiven his sins."

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said

If anyone testifies that
None has the right to be worshipped but Allah Alone Who has no partners,
and that Muhammad is His Slave and His Apostle,
and that Jesus is Allah's Slave and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him,
and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true,
Allah will admit him into Paradise with the deeds which he had done even if those deeds were few."

(Junada, the sub-narrator said, " 'Ubada added,

'Such a person can enter Paradise through any of its eight gates he likes.")

You shall not enter Paradise so long as you do not affirm belief (in all those things which are the articles of faith)

and you will not believe as long as you do not love one another.

Should I not direct you to a thing which, if you do, will foster love amongst you: (i. e.) give currency to
(the practice of paying salutation to one another by saying)
as-salamu alaikum.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:23 PM

124 posts, read 282,532 times
Okay moonsun. Allah is just words on paper in a book. So is Jesus. How do you know for sure that your Allah is the real one? I'm not interested in what your book says. But how do YOU know for sure?

Old 09-12-2009, 07:51 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,072,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]
“Say (O Muhammad): “O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allaah” [al-A’raaf 7:158]

the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“By the One is Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, not one of this nation, Jew or Christian, will hear of me and will die without having believed in that with which I have been sent, but he will be one of the dwellers of Hell fire.”

Narrated Abu Dharr: I came to the Prophet while he was wearing white clothes and sleeping.
Then I went back to him again after he had got up from his sleep.
He said, "Nobody says: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah' and then later on he dies while believing in that, except that he will enter Paradise.'
I said, "Even It he had committed illegal sexual intercourse and theft."
I said. "Even if he had committed illegal sexual intercourse and theft?
I said, 'Even if he had committed illegal sexual intercourse and thefts.'
He said, "Even If he had committed Illegal sexual intercourse and theft, inspite of the Abu Dharrs dislikeness.

Abu 'Abdullah said, "This is at the time of death or before it if one repents and regrets and says "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah. He will be forgiven his sins."

If anyone testifies that
None has the right to be worshipped but Allah Alone Who has no partners,
and that Muhammad is His Slave and His Apostle,
and that Jesus is Allah's Slave and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him,
and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true,
Allah will admit him into Paradise with the deeds which he had done even if those deeds were few."

(Junada, the sub-narrator said, " 'Ubada added,

'Such a person can enter Paradise through any of its eight gates he likes.")

You shall not enter Paradise so long as you do not affirm belief (in all those things which are the articles of faith)

and you will not believe as long as you do not love one another.

Should I not direct you to a thing which, if you do, will foster love amongst you: (i. e.) give currency to
(the practice of paying salutation to one another by saying)
as-salamu alaikum.

Yeah,

Allah and Muhammad said to kill the non-believers to.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:27 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,731,342 times
Islam and Christianity both have an unhealthy view of sexuality.

All this talk of "purity" is so misplaced. There is nothing pure about a virgin, or impure about a person who has had varied sexual experiences. Its not healthy to teach young women to be ashamed of their natural biological urges.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:12 AM

24,889 posts, read 21,072,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Islam and Christianity both have an unhealthy view of sexuality.

All this talk of "purity" is so misplaced. There is nothing pure about a virgin, or impure about a person who has had varied sexual experiences. Its not healthy to teach young women to be ashamed of their natural biological urges.
I don't know about that,

The guy who was having sex with his pitbull, repeatedly, that was pretty unpure.

Did I mention, he was a Christian

Old 09-13-2009, 03:37 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,854,686 times
12-Year-Old Girl Dies While Giving Birth In Yemen

Old 09-13-2009, 09:26 AM

committed illegal sexual intercourse = Adulteries

Old 09-13-2009, 09:41 AM

124 posts, read 282,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post

Disgusting. What decent person would promote a religion that does this to it's young girls?

Old 09-13-2009, 09:48 AM

30,884 posts, read 31,780,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
committed illegal sexual intercourse = Adulteries
Am I to understand that you mean the child was at fault here? I would put the blame on her father, her husband, but most of all on Yemen society, Islam and anyone else who supports child marriages. It is a sick and repugnant practice. The child is a victim. If anyone should be punished it is the father and husband.

Quote:
The issue of child brides vaulted into the headlines here two years ago when an 8-year-old Yemeni girl went by herself to a courtroom and demanded a judge dissolve her marriage to a man in his 30s. She eventually won a divorce, and legislators began looking at ways to curb the practice.

In February, parliament passed a law setting the minimum marriage age at 17. But some lawmakers are trying to kill the measure, calling it un-Islamic. Before it could be ratified by Yemen's president, they forced it to be sent back to parliament's constitutional committee for review.

Such marriages also occur in neighboring oil-rich Saudi Arabia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or