U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 07:52 PM

5,426 posts, read 5,730,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
it is the order of the creator and some muslims believe that the face does not have to be covered and they do not cover the face.

do you blame us for obeying the owner?

Of course, we don't believe there is an "owner" of a woman but that woman herself.

But the question isn't about blame.

The question is if the rules of your religion are anti-woman. Just because you claim your owner made the rules, that doesn't make them any less anti-woman. Wahtever the source of the rules, they are decidedly anti-woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 08:50 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,064,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Of course, we don't believe there is an "owner" of a woman but that woman herself.

But the question isn't about blame.

The question is if the rules of your religion are anti-woman. Just because you claim your owner made the rules, that doesn't make them any less anti-woman. Wahtever the source of the rules, they are decidedly anti-woman.
the owner of the woman is the one who created her .
God.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:55 PM

19,078 posts, read 21,915,686 times
Quote:
God.
Speak for you and yours. Be clear, it ends there.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:09 PM

124 posts, read 282,487 times
Quote:
God.

So you justify treating women badly because a book says it is okay? Religion makes me so mad I could spit nails!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
So you justify treating women badly because a book says it is okay?

the quran does not say treat women badly

the muslim women wear hijab with thier own free will and they are happy for obeying God

1 – The Qur’aan enjoins good treatment of one's wife: she is to be honoured and treated kindly, even when one no longer feels love in one's heart towards her.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“and live with them honourably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allaah brings through it a great deal of good”
[al-Nisa’ 4:19]
2 – The Qur’aan explains that women have rights over their husbands, just as their husbands have rights over them.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And they (women) have rights (over their husbands as regards living expenses) similar (to those of their husbands) over them (as regards obedience and respect) to what is reasonable, but men have a degree (of responsibility) over them. And Allaah is All-Mighty, All-Wise”
[al-Baqarah 2:228]

This verse indicates that the man has additional rights, commensurate with his role as protector and maintainer and his responsibility of spending (on his wife) etc.

3 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoined kind treatment and honouring of one’s wife, and he described the best of people as those who are best to their wives. He said:

“The best of you are those who are the best to their wives, and I am the best of you to my wives.”

4 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) spoke beautiful word concerning kind treatment of one’s wife, stating that when the husband feeds his wife and puts a morsel of food in her mouth, he earns the reward of doing an act of charity. He said,

“You never spend anything but you will be rewarded for it, even the morsel of food that you lift to your wife’s mouth.”

Old 09-14-2009, 09:49 PM

Okay MOONSUN....answer me this. You say the women wear the hijab and are happy to do it. So what if a woman CHOOSES NOT TO WEAR IT? Is she punished? Is her CHOICE honored by you muslim MEN? NO woman is really HAPPY being PUSHED AROUND by a man! THUTH. Deal With It.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
Okay MOONSUN....answer me this. You say the women wear the hijab and are happy to do it. So what if a woman CHOOSES NOT TO WEAR IT? Is she punished? Is her CHOICE honored by you muslim MEN? NO woman is really HAPPY being PUSHED AROUND by a man! THUTH. Deal With It.

here are the major islamic countries and there are many moslem women do not wear hijab

Indonesia
Pakistan
Bangladesh
Nigeria
Egypt
Turkey
Iran
Sudan
Algeria
Afghanistan
Morocco
Iraq
Malaysia
Saudi Arabia
Uzbekistan
Yemen
Syria
Kazakhstan
Niger
Burkina Faso
Mali
Senegal
Tunisia
Guinea
Somalia
Azerbaijan
Tajikistan
Sierra Leone
Libya
Jordan
United Arab Emirates
Kyrgyzstan
Turkmenistan
Chad
Eritrea
Lebanon
Palestine
Kuwait
Mauritania
Oman
Kosovo
The Gambia
Bahrain
Comoros
Qatar
Djibouti
Brunei
Maldives

Old 09-15-2009, 12:53 AM

30,884 posts, read 31,776,624 times
Wearing the Hijab is the least of women's problems in Muslim nations. Can you tell me how many of these countries condone men taking children as brides?

Women in Bangladesh
Over 2000 women a year are victims of fatal or disfiguring acid attacks for alleged improper behaviour. (The World and I, May 2003)
A rapist can sometimes marry the woman he has assaulted and avoid prosecution. This saves the family's "honor" and the woman's life. The result is that the assailant is now effectively allowed to rape his victim repeatedly, with the blessing of the court system.

Women in Egypt
A woman cannot leave the country without her husband's permission.
FGM (Female Circumcision or Female Genital Mutilation) is widespread in Egypt.
"Honor Killing" is still practiced in rural areas and even in the main city of Cairo..
Wife beating is so prevalent that most housewives see it as a normal part of marriage. Social workers spend much of their time just trying to convince victims that their husband's violent acts are unacceptable.

Women in the Islamic Republic of Iran
The legal age for marriage of a girl is 9 years old.
Iran's penal code specifies, "The stoning of an adulterer or adulteress shall be carried out while each is placed in a hole and covered with soil, he up to his waist and she up to a line above her breasts". Court appointed officials or ordinary citizens then pelt the accused with stones large enough to cause pain but not large enough to kill immediately. In the Islamic penal code called Sharia the burden to prove guilt in a man is much more than with a woman. Thus women are punished more by their "transgressions" than men.

Women in Jordan
Article 340 of the Jordanian Penal Code states, "He who discovers his wife or one of his female relatives has committed adultery and kills, wounds, or injures one or both of them, is exempted from any penalty."

Women in Muslim Kashmir
A woman who leaves the house with her face uncovered runs the risk of having acid thrown in her face.
A woman's virginity is considered the family's responsibility, especially the male members who will dominate her for her entire life, first her father, then her brothers, then her husband and finally her sons.

Women in Palestine
Women are not allowed to travel alone. They are required to have a male relative accompany them if they leave the house. Unfortunately, her male "guardian" - father, brother, uncle or cousin - may also be her rapist. Should she become pregnant, he will publicly condemn for dishonoring the family and then kill her and the unborn child
Among Palestinians, all sexual encounters, including rape and incest are blamed on the woman. Men are presumed innocent.

Women in Pakistan
In law, the testimony of one man is equal to that of two women
For a woman to prove rape, four adult males of "impeccable" character must witness the penetration according to the local interpretation of Shari'a or Islamic Law. As a result very, very few men are charged with rape.

Women in Saudi Arabia
Women are not allowed to drive automobiles or fly anywhere without the permission of their husband or senior male relative.
Women can only work in complete segregation from men.
"Honor killings" are widespread. A male relative can kill his female relative for such "offenses" as, allegations of premarital or extramarital sex, refusing an arranged marriage, attempting to obtain a divorce, or simply talking with a man.

Women in the Sudan
"Honor killings" widespread in the Muslim areas of Northern Sudan.

I missed quite a few counties, but I would guess the attitude towards women is much the same as those I mentioned.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:54 AM

24,889 posts, read 21,069,710 times
Quote:
God.
I've got news for you, not a damned person or thing owns me.

BTW, you never commented on the Indonesian law that was passed by Muslim authorities in Indonesia.

Where they stone women for infidelity, and jail homosexuals.

Religion of peace my butt.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I've got news for you, not a damned person or thing owns me.

BTW, you never commented on the Indonesian law that was passed by Muslim authorities in Indonesia.

Where they stone women for infidelity, and jail homosexuals.

Religion of peace my butt.

Thank you for saying it! I'll be darned if any diety is going to OWN me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or