U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-08-2009, 04:02 AM
 
100 posts, read 139,206 times
Reputation: 43

Advertisements

merci pour tout




1.An act of obedience.
The hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his prophet (pbuh), Allah says in the Qur'an: `It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error.' (S33:36).
Allah also said: 'And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna.'(S24:31).
Juyubihinna: The respected scholars from As-Salaf As-Saleh (righteous predecessors) differed whether the veil cover of the body must include the hands and face or not. Today, respected scholars say that the hands and face must be covered. Other respected scholars say it is preferable for women to cover their whole bodies.
2.The Hijab is IFFAH (Modesty).
Allah (subhana wa'atala) made the adherence to the hijab a manifestation for chastity and modesty. Allah says: 'O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) over their bodies (when outdoors). That is most convenient that they should be known and not molested.' (S33:59). In the above Ayaah there is an evidence that the recognition of the apparent beauty of the woman is harmful to her. When the cause of attraction ends, the restriction is removed. This is illustrated in the case of elderly women who may have lost every aspect of attraction. Allah (swt) made it permissible for them to lay aside their outer garments and expose their faces and hands reminding, however, that is still better for them to keep their modesty.
3.The hijab is Tahara (Purity)
Allah (swt) had shown us the hikma (wisdom) behind the legislation of the hijab: `And when you ask them (the Prophet's wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and their hearts.' (S33:53).
The hijab makes for greater purity for the hearts of believing men and women because it screens against the desire of the heart. Without the hijab, the heart may or may not desire. That is why the heart is more pure when the sight is blocked (by hijab) and thus the prevention of fitna (evil actions is very much manifested. The hijab cuts off the ill thoughts and the greed of the sick hearts:
`Be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy or evil desire for adultery, etc) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.' (S33:32)
4.The hijab is a Shield
The prophet (pbuh) said: "Allah, Most High, is Heaven, is Ha'yeii (Bashful), Sit'teer (Shielder). He loves Haya' (Bashfulness) and Sitr (Shielding; Covering)." The Prophet (pbuh) also said: "Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's house (to show off for unlawful purposes), has broken Allah's shield upon her. "The hadith demonstrates that depending upon the kind of action committed there will be either reward (if good) or punishment (if bad).
5. The hijab is Taqwah (Righteousness)
Allah (swt) says in the Qur'an: `O children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover yourselves (screen your private parts, etc) and as an adornment. But the raiment of righteousness, that is better.'(S7:26). The widespread forms of dresses in the world today are mostly for show off and hardly taken as a cover and shield of the woman's body. To the believing women, however the purpose is to safeguard their bodies and cover their private parts as a manifestation of the order of Allah. It is an act of Taqwah (righteousness).
6.The hijab is Eemaan (Belief or Faith)
Allah (swt) did not address His words about the hijab except to the believing women, Al-Mo'minat. In many cases in the Qur'an Allah refers to the "the believing women". Aisha (RA), the wife of the prophet (pbuh), addressed some women from the tribe of Banu Tameem who came to visit her and had light clothes on them, they were improperly dressed: "If indeed you are believing women, then truly this is not the dress of the believing women, and if you are not believing women, then enjoy it."
7. The hijab is Haya' (Bashfulness)
There are two authentic hadith which state: "Each religion has a morality and the morality of Islam is haya'" AND "Bashfulness is from belief, and belief is in Al-Jannah (paradise)". The hijab fits the natural bashfulness which is a part of the nature of women.
8.The hijab is Gheerah
The hijab fits the natural feeling of Gheerah, which is intrinsic in the straight man who does not like people to look at his wife or daughters. Gheerah is a driving emotion that drives the straight man to safeguard women who are related to him from strangers. The straight MUSLIM man has Gheerah for ALL MUSLIM women In response to lust and desire, men look (with desire) at other women while they do not mind that other men do the same to their wives or daughters. The mixing of sexes and absence of hijab destroys the Gheera in men. Islam considers Gheerah an integral part of faith. The dignity of the wife or daughter or any other Muslim woman must be highly respected and defended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-08-2009, 04:11 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,238,882 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by nari View Post
merci pour tout




1.An act of obedience.
The hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his prophet (pbuh), Allah says in the Qur'an: `It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error.' (S33:36).
Allah also said: 'And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna.'(S24:31).
Juyubihinna: The respected scholars from As-Salaf As-Saleh (righteous predecessors) differed whether the veil cover of the body must include the hands and face or not. Today, respected scholars say that the hands and face must be covered. Other respected scholars say it is preferable for women to cover their whole bodies.
2.The Hijab is IFFAH (Modesty).
Allah (subhana wa'atala) made the adherence to the hijab a manifestation for chastity and modesty. Allah says: 'O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) over their bodies (when outdoors). That is most convenient that they should be known and not molested.' (S33:59). In the above Ayaah there is an evidence that the recognition of the apparent beauty of the woman is harmful to her. When the cause of attraction ends, the restriction is removed. This is illustrated in the case of elderly women who may have lost every aspect of attraction. Allah (swt) made it permissible for them to lay aside their outer garments and expose their faces and hands reminding, however, that is still better for them to keep their modesty.
3.The hijab is Tahara (Purity)
Allah (swt) had shown us the hikma (wisdom) behind the legislation of the hijab: `And when you ask them (the Prophet's wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and their hearts.' (S33:53).
The hijab makes for greater purity for the hearts of believing men and women because it screens against the desire of the heart. Without the hijab, the heart may or may not desire. That is why the heart is more pure when the sight is blocked (by hijab) and thus the prevention of fitna (evil actions is very much manifested. The hijab cuts off the ill thoughts and the greed of the sick hearts:
`Be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy or evil desire for adultery, etc) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.' (S33:32)
4.The hijab is a Shield
The prophet (pbuh) said: "Allah, Most High, is Heaven, is Ha'yeii (Bashful), Sit'teer (Shielder). He loves Haya' (Bashfulness) and Sitr (Shielding; Covering)." The Prophet (pbuh) also said: "Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's house (to show off for unlawful purposes), has broken Allah's shield upon her. "The hadith demonstrates that depending upon the kind of action committed there will be either reward (if good) or punishment (if bad).
5. The hijab is Taqwah (Righteousness)
Allah (swt) says in the Qur'an: `O children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover yourselves (screen your private parts, etc) and as an adornment. But the raiment of righteousness, that is better.'(S7:26). The widespread forms of dresses in the world today are mostly for show off and hardly taken as a cover and shield of the woman's body. To the believing women, however the purpose is to safeguard their bodies and cover their private parts as a manifestation of the order of Allah. It is an act of Taqwah (righteousness).
6.The hijab is Eemaan (Belief or Faith)
Allah (swt) did not address His words about the hijab except to the believing women, Al-Mo'minat. In many cases in the Qur'an Allah refers to the "the believing women". Aisha (RA), the wife of the prophet (pbuh), addressed some women from the tribe of Banu Tameem who came to visit her and had light clothes on them, they were improperly dressed: "If indeed you are believing women, then truly this is not the dress of the believing women, and if you are not believing women, then enjoy it."
7. The hijab is Haya' (Bashfulness)
There are two authentic hadith which state: "Each religion has a morality and the morality of Islam is haya'" AND "Bashfulness is from belief, and belief is in Al-Jannah (paradise)". The hijab fits the natural bashfulness which is a part of the nature of women.
8.The hijab is Gheerah
The hijab fits the natural feeling of Gheerah, which is intrinsic in the straight man who does not like people to look at his wife or daughters. Gheerah is a driving emotion that drives the straight man to safeguard women who are related to him from strangers. The straight MUSLIM man has Gheerah for ALL MUSLIM women In response to lust and desire, men look (with desire) at other women while they do not mind that other men do the same to their wives or daughters. The mixing of sexes and absence of hijab destroys the Gheera in men. Islam considers Gheerah an integral part of faith. The dignity of the wife or daughter or any other Muslim woman must be highly respected and defended.
Typical misogynistic man-made religion. Blame the women for the men's poor lack of self-control....then stone the women to death when they get raped.

If Islamic men have such poor control over themselves, they could always use chastity belts for men. Preferably rusty iron ones with spikes...on the inside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2009, 04:20 AM
 
100 posts, read 139,206 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Typical misogynistic man-made religion. Blame the women for the men's poor lack of self-control....then stone the women to death when they get raped.

If Islamic men have such poor control over themselves, they could always use belts for men. Preferably rusty iron ones with spikes...on the inside.
- ara you sure .....
ci ton opinion butyou don't know WHAT IS ISLAM RELIGION???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2009, 05:16 AM
 
Location: Nowhere'sville
2,345 posts, read 3,905,424 times
Reputation: 701
Oh boy. Here we go. You muslims treat women like dogs. And Jaymax is right....they're punishing the women because the men are pigs who can't control themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2009, 05:25 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,084,559 times
Reputation: 8620
Sura 9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2009, 05:46 AM
 
39,229 posts, read 10,905,565 times
Reputation: 5098
Keep posting this stuff. It is more calculated to turn people off Islam than anything I could say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2009, 07:49 AM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,066,120 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Sura 9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

the Quran contains 114 suras (chapters) and they have a total of 6236 verses ,
they deal with all the subjects which concern us as human beings.

6.38 There is not a moving (living) creature on earth, nor a bird that flies with its two wings, but are
communities like you. We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be
gathered.

16.89 And (remember) the Day when We shall raise up from every nation a witness against them from
amongst themselves. And We shall bring you (O Muhammad SAW) as a witness against these. And We
have sent down to you the Book (the Qur'an) as an exposition of everything, a guidance, a mercy, and
glad tidings for those who have submitted themselves (to All‚h as Muslims).

the Qur'an contains a number of verse references which address states of war against transgressors
and it also contain so many verses regarding forgiveness and pardon

7.199 Keep to forgiveness (O Muhammad), and enjoin kindness, and turn away from the ignorant.

24.22 And let not those who possess dignity and ease among you swear not to give to the near of kin
and to the needy, and to fugitives for the cause of Allah. Let them forgive and show indulgence. Yearn
ye not that Allah may forgive you? Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

15.85 We created not the heavens, the earth, and all between them, but for just ends. And the Hour is surely coming (when this will be manifest). So overlook (any human faults) with gracious forgiveness.

16.126 If ye punish, then punish with the like of that wherewith ye were afflicted. But if ye endure
patiently, verily it is better for the patient.

42.40 The guerdon of an ill-deed is an ill the like thereof. But whosoever pardoneth and amendeth, his
wage is the affair of Allah. Lo! He loveth not wrong-doers.

5.13 And because of their breaking their covenant, We have cursed them and made hard their hearts.
They change words from their context and forget a part of that whereof they were admonished. Thou
wilt not cease to discover treachery from all save a few of them. But bear with them and pardon them.
Lo! Allah loveth the kindly.



3:133 And vie one with another for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for those who ward off (evil)

3:134 Those who spend (of that which Allah hath given them) in ease and in adversity, those who control their wrath and are forgiving toward mankind. Allah loveth the good.

3:135 And those who, when they do an evil thing or wrong themselves, remember Allah and implore forgiveness for their sins - Who forgiveth sins save Allah only? - and will not knowingly
repeat (the wrong) they did.

3:136 The reward of such will be forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever - a bountiful reward for workers!


and there are more

the quran is not only the source of islam but there is also the Hadith which is a reliably transmitted
report of what the Prophet said, did, or approved.

And there are more than tens of thousands of Hadith deal with all the subjects which concern us as human beings.
Most of them emphases and encourage for a nice attitude and noble behavior

Here are some of them

Smiling at your brotherís face is as charity

your removing of stones, thorns, and bones from peopleís paths is charity

a person came to Allah,'s Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said :
Who among the people is most deserving of a fine treatment from my hand ?
He said : Your mother.
He again said : Then who (is the next one) ?
He said: Again it is your mother
He said: Then who (is the next one) ?
He (the Holy Prophet) said : Again, it is your mother.
He (again) said: Then who?
Thereupon he said: Then it is your father.

Avoid suspicion, for suspicion is the gravest lie in talk and do not be inquisitive about one another and do not spy upon one another and do not feel envy with the other, and nurse no malice, and nurse no aversion and hostility against one another. And be fellow-brothers and servants of Allah.

None amongst you should point a weapon towards his brother, for he does not know that Satan might cause the weapon (to slip) from his hand and (he may injure anyone) and thus he may fall into Hell-Fire

He will not enter Paradise whose neighbor is not secure from his wrongful conduct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2009, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,556,981 times
Reputation: 10490
So many words! Why don't you just make it easy on everyone else, cut to the chase, and tell us that you want us all to convert to Islam? Then we can make up our minds as to whether or not we will, and be done with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2009, 08:01 AM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,066,120 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
So many words! Why don't you just make it easy on everyone else, cut to the chase, and tell us that you want us all to convert to Islam? Then we can make up our minds as to whether or not we will, and be done with it.
i want to save you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2009, 08:03 AM
 
2,893 posts, read 5,294,807 times
Reputation: 1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
i want to save you
We are not yours to save.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top