Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 12:09 PM

100 posts, read 155,799 times

Advertisements

What is your purpose in life? What is the rationale behind our life? Why do we live in this life? These questions frequently intrigue people who try to find accurate answers.
People provide different answers to these questions. Some people believe the purpose of life is to accumulate wealth. But one may wonder: What is the purpose of life after one has collected colossal amounts of money? What then? What will the purpose be once money is gathered? If the purpose of life is to gain money, there will be no purpose after becoming wealthy. And in fact, here lies the problem of some disbelievers or misbelievers at some stage of their life, when collecting money is the target of their life. When they have collected the money they dreamt of, their life loses its purpose. They suffer from the panic of nothingness and they live in tension and restlessness.
[CENTER]Can Wealth Be an Aim?[/CENTER]
We often hear of a millionaire committing suicide, sometimes, not the millionaire himself but his wife, son, or daughter. The question that poses itself is: Can wealth bring happiness to one’s life? In most cases the answer is NO. Is the purpose of collecting wealth a standing purpose? As we know, the five-year old child does not look for wealth: a toy for him is equal to a million dollars. The eighteen-year old adolescent does not dream of wealth because he is busy with more important things. The ninety-year old man does not care about money; he is worried more about his health. This proves that wealth cannot be a standing purpose in all the stages of the individual's life.
Wealth can do little to bring happiness to a disbeliever, because he/she is not sure about his fate. A disbeliever does not know the purpose of life. And if he has a purpose, this purpose is doomed to be temporary or self destructive.
What is the use of wealth to a disbeliever if he feels scared of the end and skeptical of everything. A disbeliever may gain a lot of money, but will surely lose himself.
[CENTER]Worshipping Allah as an Aim[/CENTER]
On the contrary, faith in Allah gives the believer the purpose of life that he needs. In Islam, the purpose of life is to worship Allah. The term "Worship" covers all acts of obedience to Allah.
The Islamic purpose of life is a standing purpose. The true Muslim sticks to this purpose throughout all the stages of his life, whether he is a child, adolescent, adult, or an old man.
Worshipping Allah makes life purposeful and meaningful, especially within the framework of Islam. According to Islam this worldly life is just a short stage of our life. Then there is the other life. The boundary between the first and second life is the death stage, which is a transitory stage to the second life. The type of life in the second stage a person deserves depends on his deeds in the first life. At the end of the death stage comes the day of judgment. On this day, Allah rewards or punishes people according to their deeds in the first life.
[CENTER]The First Life as an Examination[/CENTER]
So, Islam looks at the first life as an examination of man. The death stage is similar to a rest period after the test, i. e. after the first life. The Day of Judgment is similar to the day of announcing the results of the examinees. The second life is the time when each examinee enjoys or suffers from the outcome of his behavior during the test period.
In Islam, the line of life is clear, simple, and logical: the first life, death, the Day of Judgment, and then the second life. With this clear line of life, the Muslim has a clear purpose in life. The Muslim knows he is created by Allah. Muslims know they are going to spend some years in this first life, during which they have to obey God, because God will question them and hold them responsible for their public or private deeds, because Allah knows about all the deeds of all people. The Muslim knows that his deeds in the first life will determine the type of second life they will live in. The Muslim knows that this first life is a very short one, one hundred years, more or less, whereas the second life is an eternal one.
[CENTER]The Eternity of the Second Life[/CENTER]
The concept of the eternity of the second life has a tremendous effect on a Muslims during their first life, because Muslims believe that their first life determines the shape of their second life. In addition, this determines the shape of their second life and this determination will be through the Judgment of Allah, the All just and Almighty.
With this belief in the second life and the Day of Judgment, the Muslim's life becomes purposeful and meaningful. Moreover, the Muslim's standing purpose is to go to Paradise in the second life.
In other words, the Muslim's permanent purpose is to obey Allah, to submit to Allah, to carry out His orders, and to keep in continues contact with Him through prayers (five times a day), through fasting (one month a year), through charity (as often as possible), and through pilgrimage (once in one's life).
[CENTER]The Need for a Permanent Purpose[/CENTER]
Disbelievers have purposes in their lives such as collecting money and property, indulging in sex, eating, and dancing. But all these purposes are transient and passing ones. All these purposes come and go, go up and down. Money comes and goes. Health comes and goes. Sexual activities cannot continue forever. All these lusts for money, food and sex cannot answer the individual's questions: so what? Then What?
However, Islam saves Muslims from the trouble of asking the question, because Islam makes it clear, from the very beginning, that the permanent purpose of the Muslim in this life is to obey Allah in order to go to Paradise in the second life.
We should know that the only way for our salvation in this life and in the hereafter is to know our Lord who created us, believe in Him, and worship Him alone.
We should also know our Prophet whom Allah had sent to all mankind, believe in Him and follow Him. We should, know the religion of truth which our Lord has commanded us to believe in, and practice it …
Those in search of truth
Who have an open mind and heart,
Islamic Education Foundation
Welcome You.
Objectives: -
To Convey the message of Islam
To Educate Muslims about Islam
To keep in close contact with new Muslims.
Activities:
Offering Courses and presenting lectures about Islam in several languages.
Teaching Islam and Arabic.
Teaching new Muslims to receive the Holy Quran.
Helping Non- Muslims embrace Islam and complete the required procedures

-www.the religion of islam.com
ALLAHOMA I INFORMED
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 12:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Disbelievers have purposes in their lives such as collecting money and property, indulging in sex, eating, and dancing. But all these purposes are transient and passing ones. All these purposes come and go, go up and down. Money comes and goes. Health comes and goes. Sexual activities cannot continue forever. All these lusts for money, food and sex cannot answer the individual's questions: so what? Then What?
Huh?? I'm a disbeliever and that is absolutely not true in my case.

Everybodys purpose is different and varies... yes, some lust for money food or sex, but that has zero to do with religion, that's a person choice. My purpose is to live a good life, experience what I can and pass it on to others. Not to worship some 'god'.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:40 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,931,696 times
Quote:
Sexual activities cannot continue forever.
You're doing it wrong.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Huh?? I'm a disbeliever and that is absolutely not true in my case.

Everybodys purpose is different and varies... yes, some lust for money food or sex, but that has zero to do with religion, that's a person choice. My purpose is to live a good life, experience what I can and pass it on to others. Not to worship some 'god'.

okie ALLAh clrear in quran nd in all the bible
the Success nd as you said good life nd riche .......... it's not for Especially ppl i mean for ex just for muslims no you don't undersood what i mean . ALLAH does not prevent best life for all but the goal for this ==== is the test in this life who believe nd who don't .
nd the result if ALLAH wish
believes==Heaven الجنة
disbelieves=fire النار

Old 09-03-2009, 03:51 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,359 times
nari, have you ever considered learning something beyond the scope of your own religious lens? There are thousands of personal religious(or lack thereof) worldviews. Your way isn't the only way. Also, atheism doesn't equal hedonism. Most atheists are neither libertines nor hedonists. Also, why do you believe that worshipping a deity, more specifically your deity is the only purpose in life? This is a rather negative attitude which denigrates life and the natural world. It assumes that this life has no intrinsic meaning and is inherently purposeless. While this view may work for you, it certainly doesn't work for most atheists/agnostics. What do you think about christians whom gain purpose by following their religion? Why do you believe that atheists are hedonists? Atheists gain purpose through a variety of things. While that may be a hedonistic lifestyle, it could also be love, relationships, raising children to be fine adults or any number of things. Someone doesn't need a belief in a deity to have a purposeful life.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:41 PM

205 posts, read 239,513 times
Muslims why are they so dangerous?
They talk about brotherhood and everyone getting along and if everybody prayed 5 times a day there would be no more wars. This looks really great an appetizing to us, this is how they suck you in what an idea love everyone regardless of race color gender or sexual orientation. What could possible be wrong with that? Isn't that what we want a chicken every pot spears into plow shears the whole bit, again what can be wrong with that? Doesn't everybody want that??

Facts on Muslim Religion have caused numerous wars Google Muslim wars: Yes, make love not war Muslims.

They worship a determine God (Satan is determine to kill the Jews he will any means to get to them) and we in the US worship a Grace God.

What does this mean The Muslim’s God determines every thing that happens. If a Muslim walks onto a bus with explosives and blows it up it was God wanting him to do this and the individual was chose for this deed. Then the other Muslims pray for them because they pray all the time that this infraction will be overlooked by God. He wanted this to happen because the people on the bus were infidels and needed to be a eliminated.Tthe person who was chose has no blood on his hands because Allah takes the blame.
This is what happened in the Twin towers incident.

We on the other hand worship a Grace God we have free will to choose how our life is and we are held accountable for our actions good or bad. God has nothing to do with our decision we completely have free will to choose.

So question how do they suck people in? Let's start in the garden with Adam and Eve. God gave Adam and Eve Perfect environment every want full filled but he also gave them free will every character of both of them were perfect including their want for each other in intimacy. So why did they loose their perfect habitat?

Well if you look at the Muslim's God it was his fault they ate off the tree and caused chaos in their life, but this doesn't hold water even in the Koran they chose to eat off the forbidden tree thus brings into focus a Grace God. We have free will and we are held accountable which way we choose to live our life.

Now let’s go into this deeper, Eve was told by the serpent, if you eat off this tree you will be like GOD. Again Eve had to choose to eat of the tree. When they chose to eat off that tree that is what caused chaos in their life. In other words God could not be held accountable for their failure because if they hadn't they still would be living in perfect environment. It was God’s will that they would not eat off the tree but because of their free will they condemned themselves.

Now let’s go back further into the Angelic realm. The most precious gift that God could give to any of his creatures is free will, otherwise he would have made us all robots yes sir what can I do for you sir. But he didn't, did he? By the way a creature has a beginning and an end, God on the other hand is eternal and infinite he has no beginning and no end. This free will is worth more then anything you can posses there is nothing more precious then free will. What is not known by most scholars is that the angels were given perfection and also free will and reading in Revelation 1/3 rd of them chose to go against him. Satan was the top angel in the heavens stated in Isaiah 14:13 He chose to go against God and was condemned by God to a burning lake of fire. He said in his heart (Brain cognitive thinking part of mind) I will be like the most high God and used the same words on Eve in the Garden you will be like the most high God. Why did he do this to Eve? Satan was condemned to the Lake of fire and Satan appealed God's decision by saying that God was using here say Knowledge (circumstantial evidence) in other words God knew that Satan would be always against him. Satan appealed to God's Justice seeing black and white and Satan was right God had no proof except his omniscience (ALL KNOWLEDGE) to send Satan and 1/3 of fallen angels to the lake of fire. This is called circumstantial evidence no different then our court system we have today.

Satan said the same thing to Eve that he said to God. He thought because they were exhibit A and he convinced them to do exactly the same thing that he did in the heavens that the case against him would be thrown out. What he didn't understand God had grace for us and made an agreement called the Divine Decrees to save man kind from his fall. We are in Grace because God sent himself as human to be the arbitrator between him and man. Jesus is God in the flesh and he pardoned us and set us free by being our sin bearer. That he added human to his impeccable character.

We actually are the proof (exhibit A) that God's decision was just and fair to send Satan and the fallen Angels to Lake of Fire. Jesus states this in Mathew 25:41 and he wants the humans to feel what he feels about wondering if we are going to Hell. We have an epidemic of Ministers that play right into Satan’s cards, by convincing man-kind after believing in Jesus Christ at one point in their life that they can actually commit some sin that would send them to Hell. Our client nation is being destroyed because we feel our righteousness (our norm system that we conjure up in our minds) is what God’s righteousness is. Although God states that my ways are higher from the earth to the heavens to our ways.

God is letting us be destroyed from within by our own evil desires. We will be taken over and go under Marshall Law and loose the precious freedom that our fore father’s fought and gave their blood for.

Because we miss one principle:

That none of us can please God he gets all credit and we get none. Our righteousness doesn’t come any where close to God’s (Isaiah 64:6)

We are not going to be saved by our technology or our intelligence or who we put in office. It will only stay because of God himself. It amazes me how Christians go to Church and profess God even give their money
and then turn around and think that some how who they vote for is going to change their situation.
When the twin towers were destroyed I could not believe how we rallied around God, because he allowed us to get spanked. They hang signs out GOD BLESS AMERICA wow that should make him feel good. Do people really believe that, that was going to appease GOD!!!!!

Here we are doing the same thing before that incident we didn’t learn anything waiting on the next disaster to happen. L Then we will be under tyranny and all will say what the hell happened how a loving God could do this to us.

The earth is a big plasma screen and the angels are watching for the outcome. What Satan doesn’t understand the Lord did everything for man-kind in 6 days (when time started 6day 6 hour 6minute, when man was created) everything he did in eternity past
History has been playing out His stop watch (artificial
Zero) won’t start again till he returns in the 2nd advent . Remember he is a very detailed God, he knows every hair on our head. Frivolous information to us but not to God, He controls everything by the WORD OF HIS POWER.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nari View Post
okie ALLAh clrear in quran nd in all the bible
the Success nd as you said good life nd riche .......... it's not for Especially ppl i mean for ex just for muslims no you don't undersood what i mean . ALLAH does not prevent best life for all but the goal for this ==== is the test in this life who believe nd who don't .
nd the result if ALLAH wish
believes==Heaven الجنة
disbelieves=fire النار
I've read both the Qu'ran and the Bible and have found no truth in either.

If it works for you, great! It most certainly doesn't for me, but thank you for the concern.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:26 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,495 times
That's the problem with religious people, be they a Muslim or Christian: they think their way is good for everyone else. No, it's not. Most can't even grasp the concept of people truly not believing what they do.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:56 PM

205 posts, read 239,513 times
I use to feel the same way. The problem is you can not pick up the Bible and learn it I don't care if you have numerous degrees and know all the languages. God put a lock and key on his true Word and we humans have it but we don't know we have it. The angels can't get to it

Old 09-04-2009, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've read both the Qu'ran and the Bible and have found no truth in either.

If it works for you, great! It most certainly doesn't for me, but thank you for the concern.
Avez-vous fait ????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam