U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2009, 02:36 PM
 
15 posts, read 10,317 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Islam, a religion of mercy, does not permit terrorism. In the Quran, God has said:
“God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers.” (Quran 60:8)
The Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, used to prohibit soldiers from killing women and children, and he would advise them: “...Do not betray, do not be excessive, do not kill a newborn child.”And he also said: “Whoever has killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise, though its fragrance is found for a span of forty years.”
Also, the Prophet Muhammad has forbidden punishment with fire.
He once listed murder as the second of the major sins, and he even warned that on the Day of Judgment, “The first cases to be adjudicated between people on the Day of Judgment will be those of bloodshed.”
Muslims are even encouraged to be kind to animals and are forbidden to hurt them. Once the Prophet Muhammad said: “A woman was punished because she imprisoned a cat until it died. On account of this, she was doomed to Hell. While she imprisoned it, she did not give the cat food or drink, nor did she free it to eat the insects of the earth.”
He also said that a man gave a very thirsty dog a drink, so God forgave his sins for this action. The Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, was asked, “Messenger of God, are we rewarded for kindness towards animals?” He said: “There is a reward for kindness to every living animal or human.”
Additionally, while taking the life of an animal for food, Muslims are commanded to do so in a manner that causes the least amount of fright and suffering possible. The Prophet Muhammad said: “When you slaughter an animal, do so in the best way. One should sharpen his knife to reduce the suffering of the animal.”
In light of these and other Islamic texts, the act of inciting terror in the hearts of defenseless civilians, the wholesale destruction of buildings and properties, the bombing and maiming of innocent men, women, and children are all forbidden and detestable acts according to Islam and the Muslims. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the vast majority have nothing to do with the violent events some have associated with Muslims. If an individual Muslim were to commit an act of terrorism, this person would be guilty of violating the laws of Islam.

 
Old 09-18-2009, 03:08 PM
 
227 posts, read 303,319 times
Reputation: 17
you absolty right
Bin laden and his friends hit USA and the image of Islam around the world
... they killing the Christains and the Muslims by the name of Islam ... and i have a verse of Quran Proof that Bin laden and his friends will be in the hell
from the translation of Quran i pick up this
5:32
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]"For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth."[/SIZE][/SIZE]
 
Old 09-18-2009, 03:11 PM
 
Location: San José, CA
3,281 posts, read 5,795,794 times
Reputation: 3222
There really is a disconnect here.

It's not about what either the Quran, the New Testament, or the Torah says. The fact that religion puts people in a position to believe they know what is right and what is wrong for humanity [through God] is apparent in all three of these religions, and undoubtedly, it is dangerous.

So, what is written is really neither here nor there. You have books that help reinforce the idea that they need to be subservient to their God and to carry out his will. It takes a half of a delusional mind, and really, simply mob mentality, to turn that into a dangerous, dangerous combonation.

Can we just think for ourselves? Do you really need to have a book tell you to be kind to animals or each other?
 
Old 09-18-2009, 03:11 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,709 posts, read 74,709,789 times
Reputation: 48237
many muslims were killed in the world trade center. 1 million died in bagdad bek of this bombing.
still those muslims of loyal heart and mind protect bin laden and mock the death of so many fellow muslims.
the sky is cryin.
 
Old 09-18-2009, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,511,017 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]"For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth."[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Is the Being before or after dying for the safety from the false authorities?

Last edited by tgnostic; 09-18-2009 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: Shucks again.
 
Old 09-18-2009, 04:06 PM
 
15 posts, read 10,317 times
Reputation: 10
you absolty right
Bin laden and his friends hit USA and the image of Islam around the world
... they killing the Christains and the Muslims by the name of Islam ... and i have a verse of Quran Proof that Bin laden and his friends will be in the hell
from the translation of Quran i pick up this
5:32
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]"For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth."[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Thanks a lot for your great additions see you
 
Old 09-18-2009, 04:10 PM
 
Location: Arizona
222 posts, read 516,245 times
Reputation: 93
I agree. It is very peaceful and merciful religion:

9:5
Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
SAQ Surah 9
 
Old 09-18-2009, 04:12 PM
 
15 posts, read 10,317 times
Reputation: 10
There really is a disconnect here.

It's not about what either the Quran, the New Testament, or the Torah says. The fact that religion puts people in a position to believe they know what is right and what is wrong for humanity [through God] is apparent in all three of these religions, and undoubtedly, it is dangerous.

So, what is written is really neither here nor there. You have books that help reinforce the idea that they need to be subservient to their God and to carry out his will. It takes a half of a delusional mind, and really, simply mob mentality, to turn that into a dangerous, dangerous combonation.

Can we just think for ourselves? Do you really need to have a book tell you to be kind to animals or each other?



Thanks sir for these good remark I will put it in mind but i the same time I want say that I agree with you that treuth as the sun but I am here presenting what Islam said about Terrorism.
thanks
 
Old 09-18-2009, 04:14 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 3,736,218 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteangel View Post
Islam, a religion of mercy, does not permit terrorism. In the Quran, God has said:
“God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers.” (Quran 60:8)
The Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, used to prohibit soldiers from killing women and children, and he would advise them: “...Do not betray, do not be excessive, do not kill a newborn child.”And he also said: “Whoever has killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise, though its fragrance is found for a span of forty years.”
Also, the Prophet Muhammad has forbidden punishment with fire.
He once listed murder as the second of the major sins, and he even warned that on the Day of Judgment, “The first cases to be adjudicated between people on the Day of Judgment will be those of bloodshed.”
Muslims are even encouraged to be kind to animals and are forbidden to hurt them. Once the Prophet Muhammad said: “A woman was punished because she imprisoned a cat until it died. On account of this, she was doomed to Hell. While she imprisoned it, she did not give the cat food or drink, nor did she free it to eat the insects of the earth.”
He also said that a man gave a very thirsty dog a drink, so God forgave his sins for this action. The Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, was asked, “Messenger of God, are we rewarded for kindness towards animals?” He said: “There is a reward for kindness to every living animal or human.”
Additionally, while taking the life of an animal for food, Muslims are commanded to do so in a manner that causes the least amount of fright and suffering possible. The Prophet Muhammad said: “When you slaughter an animal, do so in the best way. One should sharpen his knife to reduce the suffering of the animal.”
In light of these and other Islamic texts, the act of inciting terror in the hearts of defenseless civilians, the wholesale destruction of buildings and properties, the bombing and maiming of innocent men, women, and children are all forbidden and detestable acts according to Islam and the Muslims. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the vast majority have nothing to do with the violent events some have associated with Muslims. If an individual Muslim were to commit an act of terrorism, this person would be guilty of violating the laws of Islam.
Quran 2:254

Yusuf Ali:
O ye who believe! Spend out of (the bounties) We have provided for you, before the Day comes when no bargaining (Will avail), nor friendship nor intercession. Those who reject Faith they are the wrong-doers.

Zohurul Hoque:
O you who believe! spend out of what We have provided you with before there comes the Day in which there is no bartering, neither friendship nor any intercession. And the Unbelievers- they are the wrongdoers.

T. J. Irving: You who believe, spend some of what We have provided you with before a day comes along in which there will be no bartering, friendship, nor any intercession! Disbelievers are such evildoers.

T.U. Hilali-M. Khan:
O you who believe! Spend of that with which We have provided for you, before a Day comes when there will be no bargaining, nor friendship, nor intercession. And it is the disbelievers who are the Zâliműn (wrong-doers, etc.).

M. Pickthall:
O ye who believe! spend of that wherewith We have provided you ere a day come when there will be no trafficking, nor friendship, nor intercession. The disbelievers, they are the wrong-doers.

M.H. Shakir:
O you who believe! spend out of what We have given you before the day comes in which there is no bargaining, neither any friendship nor intercession, and the unbelievers — they are the unjust.


What are your crimes?

YouTube - Scientology - What are your crimes?

This is the best way to get "believers" to dismiss anything anyone else says no matter what it is. L Ron Hubbard recognized this fact when he made his own religion.


YouTube - koran CHALLENGE !
Just some things about the quran never make sense. Don't say I will have a painful doom, that one is getting old.
 
Old 09-18-2009, 04:19 PM
 
227 posts, read 303,319 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.leviman View Post
I agree. It is very peaceful and merciful religion:

9:5
Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
SAQ Surah 9

its a story of War happened between the idolaters and muslims .... we have the right to defense .... You must understand the role of any verse in Quran
.... don't juge as you read ...it's a war happened ..... and Prophet Muhammed was hurt very much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top