U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 05:55 AM

13,856 posts, read 22,966,872 times

Advertisements

In the seventh century marrying at 15 wasn't that weird, I don't even think it was entirely weird for men. You didn't need as much education and you were more likely to die young of a plague or infected cut.

If it was 9 that's pretty weird, but might also not make any sense. I believe she is said to have gotten pregnant a year or so after the marriage. It's rare for even 11 year-olds to get pregnant and in an age of poorer nutrition puberty was often delayed not made earlier. I think some Muslims insist she was nine, as certain sources say that, but that God made her mature unusually fast. So at nine she was like an eighteen-year-old, in all respects, or maybe even older. (I don't know if this rapid aging is believed to have continued throughout her life or stopped at some point)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 05:55 AM

227 posts, read 303,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Wasn't the girl who married Muhamed only 9? And marrying at 15 is plain old stupid. Sorry. I was 18 and even THAT is too young in my opinion.
actualy It's not my problem i was not there to judge if she mature or still child .... She married Prophet Muhammad in 9 or 12 or 16 others said ...on one know exactly the age ....i don't care ...as you don't care that God married Marry or solomon married 500 wives ... and it's not a good reason for get the Hell forever !!!!

Old 10-06-2009, 06:03 AM

2,345 posts, read 3,902,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
actualy It's not my problem i was not there to judge if she mature or still child .... She married Prophet Muhammad in 9 or 12 or 16 others said ...on one know exactly the age ....i don't care ...as you don't care that God married Marry or solomon married 500 wives ... and it's not a good reason for get the Hell forever !!!! it's a prove that the history of the Prophet Muhammad don't modified ...

Actually you see I really don't care about any of this....I see Solomon as a mentally ill whack job. 500 plus wives and concubines....disgusting! There is no reason for that except that he was mentally disturbed. God married Mary? That's news to me. But there is still no good excuse to wed a girl or teenager when you are a grown a$$ man!

Old 10-06-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Actually you see I really don't care about any of this....I see Solomon as a mentally ill whack job. 500 plus wives and concubines....disgusting! There is no reason for that except that he was mentally disturbed. God married Mary? That's news to me. But there is still no good excuse to wed a girl or teenager when you are a grown a$$ man!
first are you sure that Prophet Muhammad married Aicha at 9 old ??? no one sure about that... only God konws at what age she married

Old 10-06-2009, 06:15 AM

I want to ask you question if Jesus married a 9 old girl ...you will deny him ?
I said "IF"

Old 10-06-2009, 06:30 AM

2,893 posts, read 5,290,758 times
What would I say to Muhammad?

Crack open a beer, hand it to him, gaze upon his millions of followers and what they have done with his teachings.

"So. Are you proud?"

Old 10-06-2009, 07:45 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,372,762 times
Default What a letdown!

Quote:
only the Satan think like this
Yah hear that, Tony? It ain't gonna be quite like you'd hoped, you Satanic worshipper you!

(I keep tryin' to tell yah man; it's all a ruse! but NNooooooooohhh. You're just gonna haf-tah find out fur yurself, huh?)

Me... I'd just probably say "Where's the man behind the curtain?" [PS: apologies to insan777: only Westerners will likely get this one...]

Old 10-06-2009, 08:29 AM

39,066 posts, read 10,842,814 times
Quote:
actualy It's not my problem i was not there to judge if she mature or still child .... She married Prophet Muhammad in 9 or 12 or 16 others said ...on one know exactly the age ....i don't care ...as you don't care that God married Marry or solomon married 500 wives ... and it's not a good reason for get the Hell forever !!!!
There's the answer. Pose the questions and when they rebound, ignore them. You know, Insane777, I don't admire your religionmuch, but its followers make it seem far worse than it really is. These Xstains at least make some kind of effort to explain away problems.

But you carry on. You are doing a better job than I ever could of convincing anyone with two brain cells left not to touch your creed with a fifty - foot camel - prod.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:40 AM

204 posts, read 540,976 times
Quote:

what you will try to tell him ?
what you will try to ask him ?
I would try to tell him: "Dude, you're blocking the TV. Celebrity Jeopardy is on. Either sit down or move!"

I would try to ask him: "Dude, we're playing poker at noon. Get Jebus and Noah and set up the table in the kitchen. Don't forget the Vodka."

Old 10-11-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwillthink4u View Post
I would try to tell him: "Dude, you're blocking the TV. Celebrity Jeopardy is on. Either sit down or move!"

I would try to ask him: "Dude, we're playing poker at noon. Get Jebus and Noah and set up the table in the kitchen. Don't forget the Vodka."
And i Told you before that we (the Muslims ) wonder how and why you hate Prophet Muhammad ,as you wonder why the Jews reject and hate Jesus

If Prophet Muhammad is true (and he is true ) this thread is strong prove
because it's prove two things
the prove of existed Prophet Muhammad
and the prove that the history of Muslims is true ....and it confirmed by christian softwares !!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or