U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-04-2009, 11:10 AM
 
5,090 posts, read 8,065,240 times
Reputation: 3066

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Oh silly NightBazaar... The most intelligent part of the body is exalted and raised up. That way it doesn't have to struggle and fight it's way up for air, so to speak...

http://growabrain.typepad.com/photos...lim_prayer.jpg

Like Starbuck's new Via, yah just add water and voila! 9 out of 10 can't tell the diff!

Thanks for the clarification RM, I hadn't thought of it that way. I presume it means the dead are traditionally buried hiney side up. BTW, I added an extra step, making it 4 EZ steps to grow a human. I dunno, it still sounds like instructions on how to grow Cabbage Patch Kids or zombies. On the other hand, this scientific method would certainly explain the origin of the expression of having "beans in your ears".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-04-2009, 11:13 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,863,357 times
Reputation: 3012
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but from an archaeological standpoint, tailbones just don't seem to stand up to the environmental causes of bone disintegration as well long bones and the cranium. We just don't find that many coccyx in situ with human remains. Perhaps they're a favorite scavenger tasty snack.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2009, 11:15 AM
 
36 posts, read 49,395 times
Reputation: 16

This figure shows a comparison between a cross sectional view in a tree stem and a [/font]
cross sectional view in the thigh bone of a human. As it is clear from the figure there [/font]
is a perfect match between the design of human bone and that of wood material in [/font]
trees. The matter that testifies to the truthfulness of the promise of Allah (God) [/font]
Almighty that the resurrection of the dead is as easy for Him as reviving a dead land [/font]
by growing plants therein which is seen now a days.[/font]


The first stages in reviving a dead land is the existence of plant seeds and also the [/font]
first stages in reviving the dead on the Day of Judgment is the presence of the bones [/font]
at the end of the tailbones of humans in the graves. This bone is maintained by Allah [/font]
(God) Almighty in the grave till the Day of Judgment in order for it to be used in [/font]
reviving the dead exactly as the plant seeds are used now a days to revive a dead [/font]
land
From the figure it is clear the perfect match between the design of a plant seed and [/font]
that of the bone at the end of the tailbone of humans.[/font]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The first stages in reviving a dead land is the existence of plant seeds and also the
first stages in reviving the dead on the Day of Judgment is the presence of the bones [/font]
at the end of the tailbones of humans in the graves. This bone is maintained by Allah [/font]
(God) Almighty in the grave till the Day of Judgment in order for it to be used in [/font]
reviving the dead exactly as the plant seeds are used now a days to revive a dead [/font]
land.[/font]
From the figure it is clear the perfect match between the design of a plant seed and [/font]
that of the bone at the end of the tailbone of humans.[/font]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Among the stages involved in reviving a dead land is the growth of a plant embryo [/font]
within the seed. On the Day of Judgment we find this stage in the growth of a [/font]
]human embryo within the tailbone of a human, exactly as it happens in present times [/font]
with plants. The figure shows the perfect match between the plant and human [/font]
embryos.[/font]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The figure shows the energy skeleton which results from the interaction of the [/font]
gravitational filed of the earth and the bone at the end of the tailbone of humans. It [/font]
is apparent also from the figure the perfect match between the energy skeleton and [/font]
the skeletal system of the human body. And on the Day of Judgment the human [/font]
body grows upon this energy skeleton which guides the growth of bones upon which [/font]
muscles, blood vessels, and skin grows upon.[/font]


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2009, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,054,252 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Thanks for the clarification RM, I hadn't thought of it that way. I presume it means the dead are traditionally buried hiney side up. BTW, I added an extra step, making it 4 EZ steps to grow a human. I dunno, it still sounds like instructions on how to grow Cabbage Patch Kids or zombies. On the other hand, this scientific method would certainly explain the origin of the expression of having "beans in your ears".
I remember hearing somewhere, that it was a curse to bury someone face down. That way they have to stare at the dark abyss for eternity. If you bury them face up, then they stare at the heavens for eternity, which allows you to leave the Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2009, 11:24 AM
 
5,090 posts, read 8,065,240 times
Reputation: 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I remember hearing somewhere, that it was a curse to bury someone face down. That way they have to stare at the dark abyss for eternity. If you bury them face up, then they stare at the heavens for eternity, which allows you to leave the Earth.

Which completely supports the zombie theory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2009, 11:37 AM
 
2,958 posts, read 2,164,148 times
Reputation: 584
You know...there are more than a million named animal species on this planet. They all have a brain, a heart, lungs, a digestive system, a mouth through which to take in required nutrition, a rectum through which to excrete waste, genitals located within a few centimeters of the rectum etc. Since mankind is supposed to be created in god's image answer this for me. Does god have eat and evacuate waste each day? Does he ever get a case of the scours?
















http://resurrection.miracle-quran.com/images/Page3.17_1_.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2009, 12:02 PM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,064,081 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I had no idea babies come from the end of the tailbone in three easy steps.
1. Bury skeleton in soil so tailbone is rump side up.
2. Add water.
3. Wait until embryo sprouts from the tailbone.
4. When human is matured and fully formed, detach from the buried skeletal tailbone.

I'm not sure if the description sounds like Cabbage Patch Kids or zombies. It's also unclear what role, if any, the stork has in this scientific process.

What I don't understand is why the tailbone? Why not the tip of a finger bone? Or a kneecap?
When a body is buried in the soil

Soil will eat all parts of his body except for one thing, and that is the Coccyx

the coccyx (tailbone) is a small bone associated with the last bone of the spine and usually consists of four fused vertebrae and is considered to be the base of the primitive streak that precedes the formation of the whole fetus, especially the nervous system. After primitive streak disappears, only a small bone known as the coccyx remains

the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

The whole body of the son of Adam will be eaten by dust except `ajb adh-dhanab (coccyx) for he was created from it and his body will be reconstructed starting with it.


The hadiths dealing with the issue of the coccyx or the primitive streak are among the miracles of the Prophet (peace be upon him). Modern embryology has proven that man is created from this primitive streak which helps cells to grow and become full organs. It has its own effect on the formation of the nervous system (the neural groove, the neural tube, and then the whole nervous system) as well as all other organs. After fulfilling its task, the primitive streak vanishes and only a small part of it remains in the sacrococcygeal region. This remaining part (the coccyx) will be used when man’s body is reconstructed and recreated on the Day of Judgment as told by the truthful Prophet (peace be upon him).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2009, 12:06 PM
 
1,186 posts, read 2,064,081 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Soooo....what if you were cremated?!
the tailbone will not be burned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2009, 12:10 PM
 
36 posts, read 49,395 times
Reputation: 16
[quote=Melvin.George;11041411]You know...there are more than a million named animal species on this planet. They all have a brain, a heart, lungs, a digestive system, a mouth through which to take in required nutrition, a rectum through which to excrete waste, genitals located within a few centimeters of the rectum etc. Since mankind is supposed to be created in god's image answer this for me. Does god have eat and evacuate waste each day? Does he ever get a case of the scours?






Some of the biggest misconceptions that many non-Muslims have about Islam have to do with the word “Allah.” For various reasons, many people have come to believe that Muslims worship a different God than Christians and Jews. This is totally false, since “Allah” is simply the Arabic word for “God” - and there is only One God. Let there be no doubt - Muslims worship the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus - peace be upon them all. However, it is certainly true that Jews, Christians and Muslims all have different concepts of Almighty God. For example, Muslims - like Jews - reject the Christian beliefs of the Trinity and the Divine Incarnation. This, however, does not mean that each of these three religions worships a different God - because, as we have already said, there is only One True God. Judaism, Christianity and Islam all claim to be “Abrahamic Faiths”, and all of them are also classified as “monotheistic.” However, Islam teaches that other religions have, in one way or another, distorted and nullified a pure and proper belief in Almighty God by neglecting His true teachings and mixing them with man-made ideas.
First of all, it is important to note that “Allah” is the same word that Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews use for God. If you pick up an Arabic Bible, you will see the word “Allah” being used where “God” is used in English. This is because “Allah” is a word in the Arabic language equivalent to the English word “God” with a capital “G”. Additionally, the word “Allah” cannot be made plural, a fact which goes hand-in-hand with the Islamic concept of God.
It is interesting to note that the Aramaic word “El”, which is the word for God in the language that Jesus spoke, is certainly more similar in sound to the word “Allah” than the English word “God.” This also holds true for the various Hebrew words for God, which are “El” and “Elah”, and the plural or glorified form “Elohim.” The reason for these similarities is that Aramaic, Hebrew and Arabic are all Semitic languages with common origins. It should also be noted that in translating the Bible into English, the Hebrew word “El” is translated variously as “God”, “god” and “angel”! This imprecise language allows different translators, based on their preconceived notions, to translate the word to fit their own views. The Arabic word “Allah” presents no such difficulty or ambiguity, since it is only used for Almighty God alone. Additionally, in English, the only difference between “god”, meaning a false god, and “God”, meaning the One True God, is the capital “G”. Due to the above mentioned facts, a more accurate translation of the word “Allah” into English might be “The One -and-Only God” or “The One True God.”
More importantly, it should also be noted that the Arabic word “Allah” contains a deep religious message due to its root meaning and origin. This is because it stems from the Arabic verb ta’allaha (or alaha), which means “to be worshipped.” Thus in Arabic, the word “Allah” means “The One who deserves all worship.” This, in a nutshell, is the Pure Monotheistic message of Islam.
Suffice it to say that just because someone claims to be a “monotheistic” Jew, Christian or Muslim, that does not keep them from falling into corrupt beliefs and idolatrous practices. Many people, including some Muslims, claim belief in “One God” even though they’ve fallen into acts of idolatry. Certainly, many Protestants accuse Roman Catholics of idolatrous practices in regards to the saints and the Virgin Mary. Likewise, the Greek Orthodox Church is considered “idolatrous” by many other Christians because in much of their worship they use icons. However, if you ask a Roman Catholic or a Greek Orthodox person if God is “One”, they will invariably answer: “Yes!.” This claim, however, does not stop them from being “creature worshipping” idolaters. The same goes for Hindus, who just consider their gods to be “manifestations” or “incarnations” of the One Supreme God.
Before concluding… there are some people out there, who are obviously not on the side of truth, that want to get people to believe that “Allah” is just some Arabian “god”[SIZE=3][1][/SIZE], and that Islam is completely “other” - meaning that it has no common roots with the other Abrahamic religions (i.e. Christianity and Judaism). To say that Muslims worship a different “God” because they say “Allah” is just as illogical as saying that French people worship another God because they use the word “Dieu”, that Spanish-speaking people worship a different God because they say “Dios” or that the Hebrews worshipped a different God because they sometimes call Him “Yahweh.” Certainly, reasoning like this is quite ridiculous! It should also be mentioned, that claiming that any one language uses the only the correct word for God is tantamount to denying the universality of God’s message to mankind, which was to all nations, tribes and people through various prophets who spoke different languages.
We would like to ask our readers about the motives of these people? The reason is that the Ultimate Truth of Islam stands on solid ground and its unshakeable belief in the Unity of God is above reproach. Due to this, Christians can’t criticize its doctrines directly, but instead fabricate things about Islam that aren’t true so that people lose the desire to learn more. If Islam were presented in the proper way to the world, it surely might make many people reconsider and re-evaluate their own beliefs. It is quite likely that when they find out that there is a universal religion in the world that teaches people to worship and love God, while also practicing Pure Monotheism, would at least feel that they should re-examine the basis for their own beliefs and doctrines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2009, 12:17 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,863,357 times
Reputation: 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
When a body is buried in the soil

Soil will eat all parts of his body except for one thing, and that is the Coccyx

the coccyx (tailbone) is a small bone associated with the last bone of the spine and usually consists of four fused vertebrae and is considered to be the base of the primitive streak that precedes the formation of the whole fetus, especially the nervous system. After primitive streak disappears, only a small bone known as the coccyx remains

the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

The whole body of the son of Adam will be eaten by dust except `ajb adh-dhanab (coccyx) for he was created from it and his body will be reconstructed starting with it.


The hadiths dealing with the issue of the coccyx or the primitive streak are among the miracles of the Prophet (peace be upon him). Modern embryology has proven that man is created from this primitive streak which helps cells to grow and become full organs. It has its own effect on the formation of the nervous system (the neural groove, the neural tube, and then the whole nervous system) as well as all other organs. After fulfilling its task, the primitive streak vanishes and only a small part of it remains in the sacrococcygeal region. This remaining part (the coccyx) will be used when man’s body is reconstructed and recreated on the Day of Judgment as told by the truthful Prophet (peace be upon him).
Sorry--you're wrong.

Every archaeological principle is working against you. Remains that are older than a couple of hundred years old are only very rarely found with an intact coccyx.

The smaller bones disintegrate first or are eaten by bugs, bacteria, and scavenging animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top