Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:41 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times

Advertisements

It's a bit worrying really!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 12:59 AM

36 posts, read 54,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Too much non sequitur type nonsense going on in this thread....I'm getting a headache. I'm going to take some ibuprofen and leave this mess alone....

as you like

Old 10-05-2009, 01:59 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Sorry--you're wrong.

Every archaeological principle is working against you. Remains that are older than a couple of hundred years old are only very rarely found with an intact coccyx.

The smaller bones disintegrate first or are eaten by bugs, bacteria, and scavenging animals.

the prophet (PBUH) said:“There is a bone in the Son Of Adam that the earth will never eat. They said what is it Oh Prophet of Allah? He said: It is the coccyx”

if there is something wrong or not correct then that would be our interpretation to the saying of the prophet (PBUH)

the prophet did not say coccyx but he said an arabic word and it could mean part of the coccyx because he also said it is like mustard seed and in addition to that he said the earth will never eat and may be it eaten by some thing else as you have said.
but that does not mean it would be digested.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:34 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
I think your confusing science with personal opinion. Science works by the use of scepticism and rigorous testing, although your claims are unsubstantiated by the scientific method.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:47 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,101 times
So if I sit in the wet dirt too long do I have to worry about my BUTT SEED sprouting?

Old 10-05-2009, 08:19 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Yeah, but I think "preparation H" will take care of it.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:21 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,101 times
Ya know this thread gives new meaning to saying "get your head out of your a s s!"

Old 10-05-2009, 08:59 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
the prophet (PBUH) said:“There is a bone in the Son Of Adam that the earth will never eat. They said what is it Oh Prophet of Allah? He said: It is the coccyx”

if there is something wrong or not correct then that would be our interpretation to the saying of the prophet (PBUH)

the prophet did not say coccyx but he said an arabic word and it could mean part of the coccyx because he also said it is like mustard seed and in addition to that he said the earth will never eat and may be it eaten by some thing else as you have said.
but that does not mean it would be digested.
So what does that mean? It will be eaten and then crapped out whole and unchanged?

Aye me....ignorance is timeless......

Old 10-05-2009, 10:30 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
And this is the science of Islam....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I wouldn't even call it science.

The word of God in the Glorious Quran is full of wisdom and knowledge; but man should differentiate what is in the Quran from what is not in the Quran.

Here, we should remember that the Book of Genesis is full of fabrications and mistakes and errors; because it is not the original God's word; but it was the book written by the priest Ezra.

God is All-Able to recreate the body of man and restore it to life once, and even to restore the finger-prints (which no two persons may be identical in the finger-prints); but there will be no need for such resurrection; because the true man is the spirit or the spiritual soul: it is the soul or spirit that sees, hears and perceives the pain and pleasure; and the soul or the spirit will live forever.

God – be glorified – in the Quran 75: 3-4
أَيَحْسَبُ الْإِنسَانُ أَلَّن نَجْمَعَ عِظَامَهُ . بَلَى قَادِرِينَ عَلَى أَن نُّسَوِّيَ بَنَانَهُ .
The explanation:
(Does man [: the denier of the sending forth to the Hereafter] deem that We [can]not recollect his [rotten] bones?

Yes, indeed; We are Able even to restore [the prints of] his finger tips.)

It means: Does man: the denier of the afterlife, think that We cannot gather his bones, and restore them as they were before ?

No, We are All-Able to restore the decayed bodies to the extent that even We can recreate the finger tips and make the finger prints as they were before, but in fact no need to recreate bodies.

Last edited by eanassir; 10-05-2009 at 10:40 PM..

Old 10-06-2009, 09:02 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
What no Scott's Miracle Grow™!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam