U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-13-2009, 10:58 AM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,461,524 times
Reputation: 211

Advertisements

Similarities: Mormons and Muslims share much in their religion!

A good read.

 
Old 10-13-2009, 12:09 PM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,461,524 times
Reputation: 211
Exalted to god-hood Mormon men get to have sexual relationships forever, in Mormon heaven.

Islamics who do jihad get to have sex forever in their Islamic heaven, but they get virgins, and only 70 of them, while mormon men made gods get to have as many wives for sex as they can get "sealed" to in a Mormon temple ceremony, while they are yet alive, here.
Sealing to dead or living women so that a Mormon man made into another god can call them up from the dead to be their own sex partners is the Mormon way to get partners, but the Islamics just murder people so that they can get the rewards of sexual partners.

Its all devilish baloney!
Both religions use gonads to tempt men follow the devil's religion and so, lose their souls.
 
Old 10-13-2009, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Utah
79 posts, read 87,118 times
Reputation: 33
Hey buddy, I don't know where you get your
Quote:
"mormon men made gods get to have as many wives for sex as they can get "sealed" to in a Mormon temple ceremony, while they are yet alive.
Sealing to dead or living women so that a Mormon man made into another god can call them up from the dead to be their own sex partners is the Mormon way to get partners"
idea from.

I've only been sealed to ONE woman and that's how I want it to stay. Any sealings I have done by proxy for another man have been to another woman who was acting as proxy for man's wife. That's it. ONE. What a horrible thought to know that said man, if he so chooses, can now be with his wife and children for eternity.

What a yucky thing!
 
Old 10-13-2009, 12:26 PM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,461,524 times
Reputation: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireoftheCovenant View Post
Hey buddy, I don't know where you get your idea from.

I've only been sealed to ONE woman and that's how I want it to stay. Any sealings I have done by proxy for another man have been to another woman who was acting as proxy for man's wife. That's it. ONE. What a horrible thought to know that said man, if he so chooses, can now be with his wife and children for eternity.

What a yucky thing!
Well, Mormon doctrine has evolved, hasn't it? And early Mormons taught that men must get sealed to as many women as they could [even other men's wives were sealed to Mormon leaders, and the marriages were "consummated", which was nothing but adultery by religious persuasion] so that they could be their own wives in Mormon heaven, and have their babies by sexual union, forever and forever.

The Mormon doctrine does not teach that a man can be with his children for eternity! You do not believe that you are with your Mormon man-god and woman-goddess mother, now, and you cannot even name her name! And you do not believe that you will go live with your Mormon man-god father on his "planet", either, do you?
So you do not believe that you will be united with your man-god father and your woman-goddess mother in their "home", do you?
 
Old 10-13-2009, 12:34 PM
 
2,981 posts, read 4,461,524 times
Reputation: 211
Many of Joe Smith's wives, to whom he was "sealed" and consummated the marriage to [had sex with =committed adultery with, by religious persuasion] were married to other men.
The list of Joe Smith's wives are here, on the lds site:

Individual Record (http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/AF/individual_record.asp?recid=7762167&lds=0 - broken link)
 
Old 10-13-2009, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Utah
79 posts, read 87,118 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Well, Mormon doctrine has evolved, hasn't it? And early Mormons taught that men must get sealed to as many women as they could [even other men's wives were sealed to Mormon leaders, and the marriages were "consummated", which was nothing but adultery by religious persuasion] so that they could be their own wives in Mormon heaven, and have their babies by sexual union, forever and forever.
Doctrine has changed when revealed by God, yes. I know you do not believe that. The rest of your quote...not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
The Mormon doctrine does not teach that a man can be with his children for eternity!
Yes, it does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You do not believe that you are with your Mormon man-god and woman-goddess mother, now, and you cannot even name her name! And you do not believe that you will go live with your Mormon man-god father on his "planet", either, do you?
So you do not believe that you will be united with your man-god father and your woman-goddess mother in their "home", do you?
You are really confusing me with the whole "man-god" thing. I am my parents' child. I am part of their family. At a certain point in my life I married and started a family of my own. While I do not live with my parents, I am still their child and do visit them.

Now, I do not know exactly how the eternities will play out (endless sex isn't a part of it, in my mind) as you seem to. I would assume my parents will live in their "mansion" (John 14:2) and I will live in my own as will my children and their children and so on.
 
Old 10-13-2009, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Utah
79 posts, read 87,118 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Many of Joe Smith's wives, to whom he was "sealed" and consummated the marriage to [had sex with =committed adultery with, by religious persuasion] were married to other men.
The list of Joe Smith's wives are here, on the lds site:

Individual Record (http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/AF/individual_record.asp?recid=7762167&lds=0 - broken link)
Joseph was sealed to about 30 women, give or take. Ten were married to other men at the time. Six of those ten were active LDS men. Yes, I know all this.

Odd that you would make the claim he consummated all the marriages. I've never come across that proof
 
Old 10-13-2009, 01:13 PM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,454,362 times
Reputation: 3945
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Its all devilish baloney!
Both religions use gonads to tempt men follow the devil's religion and so, lose their souls.
So is yours. Not devilish though, because there is no devil.
 
Old 10-13-2009, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,367,457 times
Reputation: 3735
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Exalted to god-hood Mormon men get to have sexual relationships forever, in Mormon heaven.

Islamics who do jihad get to have sex forever in their Islamic heaven, but they get virgins, and only 70 of them, while mormon men made gods get to have as many wives for sex as they can get "sealed" to in a Mormon temple ceremony, while they are yet alive, here.
Sealing to dead or living women so that a Mormon man made into another god can call them up from the dead to be their own sex partners is the Mormon way to get partners, but the Islamics just murder people so that they can get the rewards of sexual partners.

Its all devilish baloney!
Both religions use gonads to tempt men follow the devil's religion and so, lose their souls.
In an unprecedented move, YSM, I completely agree with you. Thanks for the link! A fine example of blindered dogma coupled with unrealistic but very tempting rewards. Apparently only 70 (I thought it was 72, but hey; who's counting when you're having so much fun, huh?...) virgins for those poor deprived Muslims...

Can you imagine being a woman in such a culture? I'm a very strong feminist, believe it or not, and am always at my wife's side in vigorously throttling male egocentric, phallocentric behavior and expressions of rank Chauvinism. It's at it's horrifyingly suppressive and vile peak in the Muslim faith, even though they ardently defend it as being for womans' greater cultural good. Since, as you know, you ladies need to be taken in hand and guided through life's little travails. Trust us, ladies! Yuk yuk.

BTW, by "sealing" are you referring to some specific aspect of the Mormon cultist ceremony or lifestyle? I'm a bit uneducated on Mormon strictures.
 
Old 10-13-2009, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Utah
79 posts, read 87,118 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
BTW, by "sealing" are you referring to some specific aspect of the Mormon cultist ceremony or lifestyle? I'm a bit uneducated on Mormon strictures.
"Sealing" refers to a marriage inside a LDS temple. LDS members believe God has restored the sealing authority which binds a man and women together for this life and eternity in the life to come
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top