U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 01:31 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,068,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
What reward is there for women in the Paradise of Islam? 72 houris? I have never understood why women would want to go to a Paradise that seems ideal for only men. I am not attacking you; I really would like an answer to this question that has bothered me for many years. I am one of the "People of the Book".

Allah has prepared for the woman great reward and she will have her husband and she will not have jealousy because Allah will remove it from her heart .

and if she used to hate her husband in this life the hate will be replaced by love.

and if she was not married in this life she will get married from one of the unmarried men of Paradise.

There is nothing but joy and happiness in Paradise; there is no room for hatred and rancour in the hearts of the people of Paradise.

houris are something which Allaah has created to honour the people of Paradise and to increase their delight.

Moreover a man will be given the strength of one hundred men for intercourse, so the large number will not have any effect on a woman, and her feelings towards her co-wives and her husbandís concubines will not be like her feelings in this world.

and we can drive the wisdom of mentioning the hories for men and that is because the man desire the woman more than the woman desire the man and the nature of the woman is Shyness, so what they shy from it is not mentioned for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 12:49 AM

11,544 posts, read 26,072,034 times
Thank G_D for rural America. This line of thinking, reminds me too much of the tract followers who bang one my door and try to hand me brochures (tracts) from their crackpot religions. Drowning me in text, under the pretext of spreading the word of G_D, Buddah, Jesus the Christ, Alluh, Joseph Smith, or the HRE is not going to work. These try-ers of my patience are failures in my eyes. If they want to share their faith they should be volunteering in soup kitchens and men's shelters instead of using a computer to waste our time.

Anyone who has taken the time to study teligion begining with the earliest known - which were the spirit worshipers and not Judisam - know the 3 word lesson of all religions. All great religious teachers have tried to teach the same lesson. Jesus tried; Rabbi Hillel tried; Buddah tried; Dali Lana tried; Allah tried. The only thing that happened in the last 8.000 or so years is man has ignored it.

The 3-word lesson has not changed. The leaders have forgotten. One wants to save souls, one wants to seal ancestors, dead 100 years so they go to Heaven, another wants to raise funds for a new building, his brother lectures of not tithing enough; his brother shuns a member for an alleged offense, and still another preaches the fires of hell and brimtone while he teaches bigotry, ect. The7 all believe the same thing "my religion is the only way to salvation". They didn't the lesson. They cut class day and went fishing. What the Muslims are trying to sell in this forum is a fantasy world; not the lesson. They do not have it, they don't want it and they wont get it anymore than they will get 72 virgins as a martyr's reward. If they knew the lesson they would not be pushing so hard to sell a false prophecy.

Pfffft! I have a condo in Chicago with an ocean front view. I think these boys should rent it. They won't be far from Navy Pier. They can get on the boat and go back to Constantinople where the scales will fall from their eyes and their ears will be opened to the lesson of harsh reality: they ain't got it yet. And like all bad authors, they failed to hook the readers sell their book.

I"m not buying anything that dangerous. It is a complete waste of my time, but I'll bet a cup of coffee an avalanche of text will follow this post.

PS: Besides the history of great religions, over the years I've managed to squeeze in the Book of Mormon, King James, KJV study bible, the New Testament, the Lost Books, St. Joseph, Ba'hai, Book of Moses, Koran, and a few classes on Spirituality and Wiccan. Anone who wants to understand religion and it function in civilixation cannot do so with a closed mind. I'm no authorhity or expert, but after a few years of living I finally got the lesson.

Last edited by linicx; 10-29-2009 at 01:01 AM..

Old 10-29-2009, 08:36 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,436,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
I see many posts here and want to know you your target audience might be. You seem to focus on unbelievers.

Why would Atheists aka non believers who have dismissed xianity for a myth and fairy tales want to adopt another myth and fairy tale?

Do you sincerely believe we have a need for your's?

They do because like Christianity, Islam believes that all unbelievers are going to hell and its their job to bring all into Islam.

Anytime you have a religion that believes they have the exclusive truth and all who are not in that camp are lost. You have the absolute dismissal of anything different. Along with the complete inability to look intelligently at any other differing belief systems because to do so might just make them rethink theirs. Thus they write the bible verses, and the ayats that support that theme, without anything else. The belief is if you just read them you will see the error of your ways.

The problem is that they cannot understand why agnostics, atheists or any other folks with differing religious beliefs can be that way because they don't accept anything other then what they believe as valid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam