Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:46 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,052,385 times

Advertisements

I see many posts here and want to know you your target audience might be. You seem to focus on unbelievers.

Why would Atheists aka non believers who have dismissed xianity for a myth and fairy tales want to adopt another myth and fairy tale?

Do you sincerely believe we have a need for your's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 07:16 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,661,436 times
Not only that, but one that in some ways is even more uptight and backwards than most branches of Christianity. If we as atheists have rejected all of that as impossible and unrealistic, why would we go to more of an extreme and convert to Islam? Especially as a woman I have to wonder what would ever make me do that. As a woman, there's absolutely no reason I would put myself under the influence of Islam.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:49 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,334,283 times
Its been my observation, that those who spew the ridiculous things I've seen here, are simply trying to justify their own belief.

They have no desire to convert those who don't believe in their God, but they can't even justify it themselves, so they try and get everyone else to.

Its kind of like the kid who tells a joke and then is like, "Thats funny right?"

Old 10-15-2009, 01:46 PM

123 posts, read 271,289 times
There is no "target audience" per se. Just as in Cristianity, Muslims are called out by the Quran to go forth amongst the people and inform them of Islam.
One thing that should not be practiced is trying to force someone to accept Islam. Within the Quran it statess there is no force in Religion.

[SIZE=3]There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned. Right guidance has become clearly distinct from error. Anyone who rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped the Firmest Handhold, which will never give way. Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing. (Surat al-Baqara, 256) [/SIZE]

The logic behind that is, that if you profess to the Islamic Faith, then you should belive it with your heart and soul. Someone who is forced to save their lives, will not believe and somit they are hypocrites and that is a big sin.
Hopes this clears it up a bit.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanrose20 View Post
There is no "target audience" per se. Just as in Cristianity, Muslims are called out by the Quran to go forth amongst the people and inform them of Islam.
One thing that should not be practiced is trying to force someone to accept Islam. Within the Quran it statess there is no force in Religion.

There is no compulsion where the religion is concerned. Right guidance has become clearly distinct from error. Anyone who rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped the Firmest Handhold, which will never give way. Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing. (Surat al-Baqara, 256)

The logic behind that is, that if you profess to the Islamic Faith, then you should belive it with your heart and soul. Someone who is forced to save their lives, will not believe and somit they are hypocrites and that is a big sin.
Hopes this clears it up a bit.
So it basically boils down to my god is better than your god?

Old 10-16-2009, 08:00 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,420,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
So it basically boils down to my god is better than your god?
I think most who actively seek to get you to 'join their club' are well intended,have something which they find of value in their lives and wish to share.They have 'faith' that they are right and in many religions are taught that those who dont have 'faith' in their beliefs are doomed when they die.They are trying to' help others out'.Because the 'truth' of their belief is so clear to them they don't understand why it isn't obvious to everyone else.I don't understand why they think that posting examples of their version of scripture ad infinitum on a website is going to cause a lightbulb to go off in anybodies head.....but I guess hope springs eternal.It really doesn't take much effort either,but I doubt it does much to ever accomplish the goal.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:12 AM

10 posts, read 18,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Not only that, but one that in some ways is even more uptight and backwards than most branches of Christianity. If we as atheists have rejected all of that as impossible and unrealistic, why would we go to more of an extreme and convert to Islam? Especially as a woman I have to wonder what would ever make me do that. As a woman, there's absolutely no reason I would put myself under the influence of Islam.
If u think being a women, there is is no reason for u t put under influence of Islam, the most ppl accepting Islam in West is Women, but think u r away from reality and to face the Truth, or maybe scared of it????

Old 10-17-2009, 05:03 AM

227 posts, read 344,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
I see many posts here and want to know you your target audience might be. You seem to focus on unbelievers.

Why would Atheists aka non believers who have dismissed xianity for a myth and fairy tales want to adopt another myth and fairy tale?

Do you sincerely believe we have a need for your's?
You need to these

We must both of us deny the terrorism and racism ....by all kinds occupation
You must seek for the truth of Islam from Muslims ( Not from Bin laden and his friends or from the your Media )
and we must show you the truth of Islam for save you from the Hell
you are our brothers and sisters

Last edited by insan777; 10-17-2009 at 05:34 AM..

Old 10-17-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
You need to these

We must both of us deny the terrorism and racism ....by all kinds occupation
I see, this is political IOW something to do with Iraq. Did you forget the war between Iraq and Iran in the '80's - were you even born then?
Quote:
You must seek for the truth of Islam from Muslims ( Not from Bin laden and his friends or from the your Media )
and we must show you the truth of Islam for save you from the Hell
you are our brothers and sisters
Bin Laden is a woo woo just like many xians are. I do not judge islam on Bin Laden who I believe is already dead from natural causes. I have met some real decent muslims here in SA and they are mostly Asian. They were here long before the formation of India and Pakistan and Bangledesh. They are also not militant. They have been free to practice their religion for a long time. We get along here just fine and most are very successful businessmen whose biggest clientele are xian.

BTW, I do not support the USA war in Iraq or Afghanistan as it is stupid. One thing you need to remember, the Shiites and Sunnis hate each others guts and both are from the same religion. It has been awhile since xians warred against each other. Maybe it is time for you folk in the ME to beat your swords into plowshares and seek peace. While you war with each other, the first impressions are always going to be that you lot there are backward and living in the dark ages still.

Your hell or the xian hell are just figments of your own imaginations. We atheists do not see any logic in the texts you present and barring one atheist here who is ex muslim, most of us came out of the xian religion. So to convert us to islam, you maybe need to first convince us that xianity is not a myth. Hence your task with us is so much more difficult.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:23 PM

16,433 posts, read 22,145,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberpriend View Post
If u think being a women, there is is no reason for u t put under influence of Islam, the most ppl accepting Islam in West is Women, but think u r away from reality and to face the Truth, or maybe scared of it????
What reward is there for women in the Paradise of Islam? 72 houris? I have never understood why women would want to go to a Paradise that seems ideal for only men. I am not attacking you; I really would like an answer to this question that has bothered me for many years. I am one of the "People of the Book".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam