U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:54 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
What's jizzah?
under islamic shariah , there was a tax taken from non muslims called "jeziah " it was 1.5 % yearly

and there was a tax taken from muslims called "zakaht" it was 2.5 % yearly

whatever these taxes was to serve the community ( muslims and nonmuslims alike)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 06:56 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,893,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
that's good for you

excuse me , let me suppose that i'm egyption muslim , should we for example attack taliban because they in a war with america and it was happened that they are muslims as us ?

i realy can't understand how you condemn the entire muslims in the world because of some terrorism happened for political reasons by group or two of muslims in some place in the world ?

so that may be i need to know your definati
well , you think that radical of islam are in large numbers , while i think that not exceed 5% of muslims in the world
on for " radical muslim " please

well . i'm glad to inform you something different , you can check the truth by yourself

if they said that they kill people in the name of God , the true muslims will condemen them and raise objections about thier understanding and their allegations and thier actions
what other things you suggesting for relegious to do ?
A "group or two of Muslims somewhere in the world?" You are either the most naive person I have ever given the benefit of a respose to, or you are playing me for an idiot. I do believe it's the latter of the two. I am not condemning INNOCENT Muslims of terrorism, I am condemning them for their indifference to these acts committed by others.

My definition of a radical Muslim - Those that believe in committing acts of violence in the name of Allah as a vehicle for spreading their hateful worldview to the infidel. Those who blow themselves up in crowded areas, run over their offspring with the family sedan, and treat women as mere possessions - lower than the family dog. I could extend this list, but you get the picture.

And if you think that 5% is a small number, if the figure really is THAT low, let me put it into perspective for you and others reading this post: The total population of black males in the U.S. sits at roughly 6%. There are a lot of black males in the U.S. Now, think about the total population of Muslims in the world. 5% is a lot of radical Muslims!

What is your personal way of condemning Muslims who use violence to get their point across? Just curious.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:34 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
A "group or two of Muslims somewhere in the world?" You are either the most naive person I have ever given the benefit of a respose to, or you are playing me for an idiot. I do believe it's the latter of the two.
well , we differ in that , it's okey with me if you believe that 2 groups from the muslims of the world are peacefull , while the maximum are violence
it's okey with me if you wanna to believe that

Quote:
I am not condemning INNOCENT Muslims of terrorism, I am condemning them for their indifference to these acts committed by others.
who said to you that they are indifference to these acts ? we condemned every terrorist and every crime happens in the name of religion
what you do't know is that muslims countries themselfs suffered from terrorism sometimes

Quote:
My definition of a radical Muslim - Those that believe in committing acts of violence in the name of Allah as a vehicle for spreading their hateful worldview to the infidel. Those who blow themselves up in crowded areas, run over their offspring with the family sedan, and treat women as mere possessions - lower than the family dog. I could extend this list, but you get the picture.
and what is the precentage of muslims who believe in these things to be islamic ?

Quote:
What is your personal way of condemning Muslims who use violence to get their point across? Just curious.
i have no power but to condemn it and preach the ture teaching

Old 11-06-2009, 04:54 AM

2,345 posts, read 3,901,189 times
Quote:
under islamic shariah , there was a tax taken from non muslims called "jeziah " it was 1.5 % yearly

What?! OMG! That is the dumbest excuse for a tax that I've ever heard of! What a screwed up way of thinking....could you imagine us having like a "non Catholic tax" or something?!

Old 11-06-2009, 07:36 PM

elwill, I stand corrected. You fall into the first group. I think you ARE the most naive person I have gave the benefit of a respose to. The english barrier is an issue, as well. I did not state that there were only 2 "peaceful" Muslim groups in the world. I was calling you on your belief that there were only 2 "radical" Muslim groups in the world. I really don't believe you get it.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:38 AM

This piece of human garbage gets his just reward. I hope they blast loud heavy metal or gangsta rap music into his cell every day of his time he serves in prison.

Iraqi guilty of murder in daughter's "honor killing" - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_arizona_iraqi - broken link)

Old 02-24-2011, 09:30 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,423,649 times
Quote:

The way Muslims have historically treated people of other religions who were under their rule would be the main reason I would prefer death then to live under Muslim rule............

I am serious........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam