U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2009, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,840 posts, read 7,905,746 times
Reputation: 12690

Advertisements

Iraqi woman, 20, dies; police in Arizona say father ran her over - CNN.com

I get sick to my stomach when I see crap like this. It is one thing when it happens in THEIR country. It's another when it happens in OURS. So, did the family move here to find a better life?

Many say that the Koran teaches love, and that Islamic terrorism is nothing more than a perversion of Islam. I'm just curious what the excuse for acts such as this one are. I remember hearing about other stories similar to this in the last few years, that occured here in the states. It seems to be not that uncommon.

Just earlier this year I remember reading the news article about the 13 year old girl that was raped by three Islamic men in Somalia, and when she reported it to the local religious leaders, she was charged with being "unclean" and taken to city arena and stoned to death that same day. No charges ever came about for her attackers.

Will someone please help me understand the Muslim way of thinking. What kind of culture/religion treats its people in such a fashion? We as U.S. citizens are taught to be tolorant of other cultures and religions, as we are a great melting pot of people, but this is a sickness in its purest form. What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2009, 05:48 AM
 
Location: Space Coast
1,988 posts, read 4,638,173 times
Reputation: 2749
I don't think there is an acceptable explanation for this. It's completely sick. But every religion has it's fundmentalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 05:52 AM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,466,529 times
Reputation: 3946
Don't point fingers at just the Muslims. Christians and other religions do equally horrifying things in the name of their gods. People who are prone to violence will find an excuse to do it, no matter what they believe in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 07:04 AM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,020 posts, read 25,589,110 times
Reputation: 11309
I've been telling this about the Islamic Daddy boys for ages and ages now

If not for my escape artist skills, I'd have been castrated by now for many of my anti-islamic activities on their hot daughters. Thank Allah for my good old Kawasaki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,840 posts, read 7,905,746 times
Reputation: 12690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Don't point fingers at just the Muslims. Christians and other religions do equally horrifying things in the name of their gods. People who are prone to violence will find an excuse to do it, no matter what they believe in.
I just call it as I see it. I am not denying that many atrocities have occurred through the ages in the name of God, but I'm not talking Old Testament crap here.

Please give me a couple current examples (as in last 100 years) of acts that you label as horrifying that were committed by the Christian church or any other religion outside of Islam. And the Catholic priests kiddie sex abuses do not count. This was a small handful of personnel that valued getting their rocks off more than fulfilling their appointed posts. This will add validity to your post. And no, I am not Catholic, if you are wondering.

You cannot deny the number of stories you read in the news, see on t.v., and hear about in general in regards to the violence connected to the Islamic faith in today's day in age.

I am just looking to better understand their way of rationale. Do not try to justify these actions simply by stating that "all" religions commit acts like this. That is a flagrant cop-out. You oppose all religions in general, correct? My post was geared towards someone who had an understanding of the Muslim faith, and could shed some light on these issues.

I'm sorry, but normal parents do not slay their children for their choice in dress, nor do any other religions rooted in sanity impose the death penalty on a child 24 hours after she was gang raped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 10:33 AM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,466,529 times
Reputation: 3946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
re.

Please give me a couple current examples (as in last 100 years) of acts that you label as horrifying that were committed by the Christian church or any other religion outside of Islam.
Bosnian Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sean Paddock: Dead at age 4

Andrea Yates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attempted exorcism ends in man’s death - Life- msnbc.com

Woman Submit! Christians & Domestic Violence

Statistics About Domestic Abuse - Christian Survivors Forums

Nigerian Children Deemed Witches Tortured - CBS News

Boy Dies During Exorcism, Minister Charged With Abuse | Progressive U (http://www.progressiveu.org/145045-boy-dies-during-exorcism-minister-charged-with-abuse - broken link)


Exorcism mania breeds child abuse - Democratic Underground

Domestic Abuse in Christian Homes -Televangelist Juanita Bynum Becomes a Victim of Domestic Abuse - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

I could go on and on, but I assume that since you managed to get to these forums that you are capable of Googling the facts for yourself -- if you dare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 10:41 AM
 
57 posts, read 122,035 times
Reputation: 21
Can't wait for one of the resident muslims to try to justify it with shariah law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 11:23 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,040,747 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Iraqi woman, 20, dies; police in Arizona say father ran her over - CNN.com

I get sick to my stomach when I see crap like this. It is one thing when it happens in THEIR country. It's another when it happens in OURS. So, did the family move here to find a better life?

Many say that the Koran teaches love, and that Islamic terrorism is nothing more than a perversion of Islam. I'm just curious what the excuse for acts such as this one are. I remember hearing about other stories similar to this in the last few years, that occured here in the states. It seems to be not that uncommon.

Just earlier this year I remember reading the news article about the 13 year old girl that was raped by three Islamic men in Somalia, and when she reported it to the local religious leaders, she was charged with being "unclean" and taken to city arena and stoned to death that same day. No charges ever came about for her attackers.

Will someone please help me understand the Muslim way of thinking. What kind of culture/religion treats its people in such a fashion? We as U.S. citizens are taught to be tolorant of other cultures and religions, as we are a great melting pot of people, but this is a sickness in its purest form. What gives?
will someone please help me know where did they say that they following the quran teaching , and where is these verses from quran ?

actually , i can give you verses from the bible justify such acts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 11:25 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,040,747 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by huh? View Post
Can't wait for one of the resident muslims to try to justify it with shariah law.
we don't have to justify something not exit in islamic teaching in the first place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 11:26 AM
 
57 posts, read 122,035 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
will someone please help me know where did they say that they following the quran teaching , and where is these verses from quran ?

actually , i can give you verses from the bible justify such acts
Does shariah law not command someone that converts from islam to be killed? I know for a fact that you have stated before that someone converting out of islam is to be given a chance to repent...and if they don't they are to be killed.

As for finding comparable Bible verses, knock yourself out. Give me a verse that would compare. Don't look up an OT verse that was given to Israel regarding a war or them takin possession of the promised land. We don't live in ancient Israel, and we are not under that covenant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top