Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 05:32 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times

Advertisements

Fullback32 wrote:
Quote:
We have never needed anyone from foreign lands to tell us how to live properly. It was not until the invaders and conquerors from other lands came here and forced their organized religions among our Nations that we could ever think of spiritual matters the way you have presented. There are those of us who continue to resist those who think that we should follow their way and abandon the culture that was given to us...and that resistance is against Christians and Moslems alike. You are free believe as you will with no one telling you that you are wrong in doing so, but so am I.
I tried to give you a rep point but couldn't. I just want to say that this statement sums up all of the problems of people who have a religious superiority complex for lack of a better term. I also believe in religious freedom and the basic right for people to think for themselves and not have any outside pressures to conform to a belief system that they don't truly believe in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 06:20 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Just another cut and paste without a link provided....

ISLAM AND RATIONALITY

Old 11-05-2009, 06:32 AM

8 posts, read 10,777 times
Fullback32 :
Ha, not the first time we have been called animals, barbarians or, oh yeah,
savages.

Our people always knew how to live in a good way. We know what our relationship is with the Earth. We know what our relationships with each other are. We knew and know all of this. We know that the Creator gives us freedom and no man has the right to tell another what to do. That is the essence of what living as a true human being is. We answer to no one except the Creator.
On the contrary I am not accusing you of savages, but life without any laws of the Creator's life is random. But all people like your own people or other people for there must be some differences with each other because of these laws .. It is therefore essential that there be a relationship with the Creator to direct it to the right path. And yes there is freedom, but in private matters there is no freedom because of the danger to humanity .. Is our relationship in the land only! .. .. Because the person component of the moral and material relations relationship material derived from the laws of nature according to certain people. The relationship of the moral is derived from the Creator ..
But the question is what is the goal of a person in this life?
Do you order that relations with the land and people?
Or is building his life and future, and then everything goes to someone else after his death?
Is this the logic of life and the reason for our existence and the creation of the Creator to us??
There must be a clear goal of our existence on this life ..

Last edited by HAPPY..~; 11-05-2009 at 06:48 AM..

Old 11-19-2009, 04:19 PM

8 posts, read 10,777 times

Old 11-20-2009, 11:28 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY..~ View Post
HAPPY,you seem to be a little confused here,let me try and explain something to you,like Fullback32,I too am of a native culture,I am Tsalagi or better known as Cherokee,and the native people of this country did not have a religion,we are spiritual and to us it is a way of life and our culture.Christianity and Islam are religions that have become a way of life.Spirituality is not the same as religion.Religion is not spirituality.You do not have to be religious to be spiritual,and being religious does not make you spiritual.Going to a church or mosque does not make you spiritual,it only makes you a religious follower,not necessarily a religious person.
Spirituality is natural.We all have it,whether we know it or practice it,it is in us. It really is a rather simple thing.We want to be happy and live a good life.To have friends and be social and have a special someone.We want to be good and do the right things.But we have some very deep questions.What happens when I die?Is there a Creator and who is it?How should I pray to this Creator?How did we get here?
These questions are usually overwhelming for many people and human nature is to turn to an authority to tell us the answers.And that is the purpose of and the origin of religion.
Religion is a man-made,culture based doctoring that guides its people in the practice of spirituality.Religion is a good thing that in some cases has had bad consequences on some individuals spirituality.Not because religion is bad,but because it was applied in a bad way.Because religion is man-made and culture based,it naturally has some of the rules and taboos of that particular culture built into it.Unfortunately for some,many cultures have chosen to use the fear of God to enforce the man-made rules of that culture.
You can be a spiritual person without being religious.You only need to have faith that there is some Higher Power out there.

As you can see,the native cultures of this land were far more in tune with the Creator long before the European invaders came to this land and tried to tell us how to worship their god.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:52 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY..~ View Post
A Complete Way Of Life !

Islam is a religion that organizes all aspects of life on both the individual and national levels.
Many of us don’t want religion in any part of the United States government.

I’m also curious what a government under Islam would do to us that don’t believe in a god?

Old 11-20-2009, 07:26 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
HAPPY,you seem to be a little confused here,let me try and explain something to you,like Fullback32,I too am of a native culture,I am Tsalagi or better known as Cherokee,and the native people of this country did not have a religion,we are spiritual and to us it is a way of life and our culture.Christianity and Islam are religions that have become a way of life.Spirituality is not the same as religion.Religion is not spirituality.You do not have to be religious to be spiritual,and being religious does not make you spiritual.Going to a church or mosque does not make you spiritual,it only makes you a religious follower,not necessarily a religious person.
Spirituality is natural.We all have it,whether we know it or practice it,it is in us. It really is a rather simple thing.We want to be happy and live a good life.To have friends and be social and have a special someone.We want to be good and do the right things.But we have some very deep questions.What happens when I die?Is there a Creator and who is it?How should I pray to this Creator?How did we get here?
These questions are usually overwhelming for many people and human nature is to turn to an authority to tell us the answers.And that is the purpose of and the origin of religion.
Religion is a man-made,culture based doctoring that guides its people in the practice of spirituality.Religion is a good thing that in some cases has had bad consequences on some individuals spirituality.Not because religion is bad,but because it was applied in a bad way.Because religion is man-made and culture based,it naturally has some of the rules and taboos of that particular culture built into it.Unfortunately for some,many cultures have chosen to use the fear of God to enforce the man-made rules of that culture.
You can be a spiritual person without being religious.You only need to have faith that there is some Higher Power out there.

As you can see,the native cultures of this land were far more in tune with the Creator long before the European invaders came to this land and tried to tell us how to worship their god.

Pt.....I tried to give you a rep point for this but I couldn't. You have "summed" it up very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam