U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 06:14 AM

8 posts, read 9,303 times

Advertisements

A Complete Way Of Life !

Islam is a religion, but not in the western meaning of religion. The western connotation of the term "religion" is something between the believer and God. Islam is a religion that organizes all aspects of life on both the individual and national levels.

Islam organizes your relations with God, with yourself, with your children, with your relatives, with your neighbor, with your guest, and with other brethren. Islam clearly establishes your duties and rights in all those relationships.

Islam establishes a clear system of worship, civil rights, laws of marriage and divorce, laws of inheritance, code of behavior, what not to drink, what to wear, and what not to wear, how to worship God, how to govern, the laws of war and peace, when to go to war, when to make peace, the law of economics, and the laws of buying and selling. Islam is a complete code of life.

Islam is not practiced in the mosque only, it is for daily life, a guide to life in all its aspects: socially, economically, and politically.

Islam is complete constitution. Thus Islam keeps the Muslim away from confusion, because Islam is logical and rational. Allah is one. Allah is one Allah has no sons. Allah is not associated with trinity. Allah does not kill to save. No mediation is required between Allah and man. Islam organizes human nature, but does not go against it. There is not a class of clergy in Islam; nor is there celibacy. Islam is complete way of human life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 07:48 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,440,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY..~ View Post
A Complete Way Of Life !

Islam is complete constitution. Thus Islam keeps the Muslim away from confusion, because Islam is logical and rational. Allah is one. Allah is one Allah has no sons. Allah is not associated with trinity. Allah does not kill to save. No mediation is required between Allah and man. Islam organizes human nature, but does not go against it. There is not a class of clergy in Islam; nor is there celibacy. Islam is complete way of human life.
There is a problem with political Islam. No religion ought to be attached to any government. When you have that, you do not have religious freedom. All the countries with a Muslim majorities that practice Political Islam do not have religious freedom. They do not even have freedom for those who practice Islam.

If you think all Muslims practice the same way, then you are mistaken.

Ijtihad - is the process of making a legal decision by independent interpretation of the legal sources, the Quran and Sunnah.

This is clearly not practiced in countries where the Imans hold all the power and tell the populations what to think. Or the Islamic govts. who also tell the populations what to do and think and how to practice their religion.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:27 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,620,900 times
I think you have to give the people who've started making these postings on C-D credit. They're every bit as pushy as the Christians who want everyone to convert, but a good deal more low key. Instead of coming right out and threatening you with eternal damnation if you don't fall in line with their beliefs, they go for the subtle route and make a case. (As far as I'm concerned, since I already have a religion and it is neither Islam nor Christianity, it's an equal waste of time. But if you have to be confronted with this sort of routine, at least the Islamicists are less objectionable out of the gate!)

Old 11-04-2009, 01:19 PM

3,334 posts, read 5,277,881 times
Quote:
A Complete Way Of Life !

Islam organizes your relations with God, with yourself, with your children, with your relatives, with your neighbor, with your guest, and with other brethren. Islam clearly establishes your duties and rights in all those relationships.

Islam establishes a clear system of worship, civil rights, laws of marriage and divorce, laws of inheritance, code of behavior, what not to drink, what to wear, and what not to wear, how to worship God, how to govern, the laws of war and peace, when to go to war, when to make peace, the law of economics, and the laws of buying and selling. Islam is a complete code of life.
Great, just what I need. A dictator god that tells me what to do, when to do, where to do (leaves off the why, of course). It's either a dictator or a highly paid personal assistant. Don't you think that would take all the mystery and adventure out of life? How boring!!!!

Old 11-04-2009, 01:29 PM

73 posts, read 81,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Great, just what I need. A dictator god that tells me what to do, when to do, where to do (leaves off the why, of course). It's either a dictator or a highly paid personal assistant. Don't you think that would take all the mystery and adventure out of life? How boring!!!!
If you believe in Christianity it is the same thing. You live for Jesus at ALL TIMES and FOREVER. People seem to think it is different in Christianity but to a true Christian it would not be different.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbok23 View Post
If you believe in Christianity it is the same thing. You live for Jesus at ALL TIMES and FOREVER. People seem to think it is different in Christianity but to a true Christian it would not be different.
Me...a Christian? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ok, now you take that back.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:38 PM

73 posts, read 81,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Me...a Christian? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Ok, now you take that back.
Thats why I said if, I'm not going to accuse people of believing anything. Its just that The post makes it sound as if Islam is the only religion that describes a complete way of life, when religion it itself is a way of life, and let me tell you that Christianity, Judaism, and many others are on the same level in that aspect if not close to it. You don't even have to read 10 pages of the bible or the torah to figure that out.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:42 PM

8 posts, read 9,303 times
Fullback32:
God created all the subjects God knows what is good for His slaves and what is harmful, because God is the creator of man, a nicer us from ourselves and unjust because the person himself does not know what is good and that fits his life is wrong so the laws of the Islamic religion is a timeless now take on the world such as laws are valid after all the laws of the development of human beings were not valid for life and there is a big difference between laws and human Paternoster Hence consider returning to the laws of the religion of God is applicable to all aspects of life and a tie between the two parties and these are divine instructions .. Is living in this barbaric way of life without any laws that guide you? Like animals, sorry for this expression, but the talk made by Fullback32 was referring to that.

Last edited by HAPPY..~; 11-04-2009 at 03:59 PM..

Old 11-04-2009, 03:58 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,840,987 times
HAPPY wrote:
Quote:
To be honest the description you just gave of Islam is one of many reasons I wouldn't want anything to do with it. I don't want anybody telling me what to drink or not to drink, what to wear, and basically run my whole life for me. I think you must also admit that there is a great deal of variation in the manner in which Islam is interpreted by it's followers. I don't believe the terrorists who intentionally kill as many innocent victims as possible and yet claim to be followers of Islam have the same beliefs as the great majority of followers of Islam worldwide. I also don't like to see a government such as Iran or Saudi Arabia base their government on a particular religion and then not allow religious freedom for those of other faiths.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
God created all the subjects he knows most of the capacity of what is good for His slaves and what is harmful, because God created a nicer us of ourselves, because man is unjust to himself and the weak do not know what it is right that best fits his life and what is wrong because the laws of the Islamic religion is a timeless now taking the world such as laws for benefit of all, after making the laws of human beings were not valid and there is a difference of many returned Hence consideration to the laws of the religion of Allaah is valid for all aspects of life and a tie between the two parties and these are divine instructions .. Do you live in this barbaric way of life without any Qguanon The guides you? Like animals, sorry for this expression, but statements made by you indicates that this
I am a Comanche. I am enrolled in the Comanche Nation of Oklahoma. My family is Comanche. I grew up Comanche. I live Comanche. I speak Comanche and I follow the ways of my people concerning Creator, Numu Ahpa, that have been with us forever. Ha, not the first time we have been called animals, barbarians or, oh yeah, savages.

Our people always knew how to live in a good way. We know what our relationship is with the Earth. We know what our relationships with each other are. We knew and know all of this. We know that the Creator gives us freedom and no man has the right to tell another what to do. That is the essence of what living as a true human being is. We answer to no one except the Creator.

We have never needed anyone from foreign lands to tell us how to live properly. It was not until the invaders and conquerors from other lands came here and forced their organized religions among our Nations that we could ever think of spiritual matters the way you have presented. There are those of us who continue to resist those who think that we should follow their way and abandon the culture that was given to us...and that resistance is against Christians and Moslems alike. You are free believe as you will with no one telling you that you are wrong in doing so, but so am I.

Last edited by Fullback32; 11-04-2009 at 04:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam