U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:36 PM

4,172 posts, read 5,995,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I hate google. But..... what the heck

Outlook India, sweet.

Why India Is Not A Secular State - South Asia Citizens Web

Discrimination in Army
Right after 1947, Kashmir’s predominantly Hindu army was absorbed in the national army; whereas Hyderabad’s largely Muslim army was disbanded, rendering nearly 20,000 jobless. The Indian army’s infantry regiments are still based on religion (Sikh regiments), or ethnicity (Gorkha) or caste (Rajput) or region (Garhwal) in which members of other faiths, ethnicities, and regions are barred.
While a bearded Sikh may become chief of the army staff as did Gen. J.J. Singh, a Muslim may not sport beard in any of the armed forces. Only Jhatka is served in army messes and langers forcing Muslims to become vegetarian. A Hanuman temple greets visitors upon entering virtually every cantonment in the nation, hinting non-Hindus that they don’t belong there. In their public addresses to the soldiers and officers, at least two army chiefs-Generals B.C. Joshi and Shankar Roy Chowdhury-have used references to Hindu scriptures to the exclusion of the Quran and the Bible.

But you also find the wishful thinking heads.

An Indian Muslim's Blog: News, Daily Articles, Views on Muslims & Urdu poetry webs: Indian Army's Muslim headcount: 3% or just 29,000

29K in a million strong army is true bogus indeed. I bet CNN-IBN does not have to lie.

Snubbed?

That's just 3 amongst 1000s. Tony's a googleton tonight. At least, I formally and officially learned evolution in school, I'm not uneducated and google-addicted.
Muslims were not allowed to wear beards - they went to court and won. Now beards are allowed in the army. As I said, it is not a perfect country but certainly not as bad as you make out to be. Aljazeerah does not need to lie either.
Muslims in Indian Army Can Wear Beards, Court Rules

An excerpt from one of your links:
IH Latif rose to the position of Air Chief Marshal.

I suppose a muslim as the Air Chief marshall just for fun?? Name one major democratic christian country that had a muslim for Air Chief.

After the army, now the air force is now reconsidering the issue of allowing beards.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...ow/4812829.cms

Back to OP - despite me being an atheist, I think people of all religions should be allowed into the armed forces. This will strengthen our constitution and the country, and hopefully make hate mongering zealots weaker.

Last edited by calmdude; 11-05-2009 at 08:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 08:48 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,469,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Mcveigh was not a muslim. I believe he was a Christian
He was not. There were Islamic middle easterners connected with him -and some claim they were Federal agents, and the Feds covered it up. The reports are there, for anyone to do the research on, however.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I listened a CNN phone interview with the shooters cousin who said he was always a muslim.
Not a recent convert

BTW, what would that have to do with his going crazy and shooting down innocent people?
He didn't go crazy. He planned this, and killed innocent, unarmed people to take them out as a Jihadi action.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:18 PM

Fort Hood shooter a devout, observant Muslim - Jihad Watch
Quote:
Hasan was a U.S. citizen, according to Virginia voting records, and his parents are Palestinians from the West Bank,

Hasan attended the Muslim Community Center in Silver Spring and was "very devout," according to Faizul Khan, a former imam at the center. Khan said Hasan attended prayers at least once a day, seven days a week, often in his Army fatigues.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:24 PM

770 posts, read 751,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
He didn't go crazy. He planned this, and killed innocent, unarmed people to take them out as a Jihadi action.
How do you know?

Old 11-05-2009, 09:35 PM

11,682 posts, read 14,445,360 times
This is so sad. 4 pages of this thread and rarely a mention of expressed sympathy for the people who lost their lives or their loved ones? You're more concerned with what religion is more radical... Nice.

My prayers go out to them.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:45 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,988,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
This is so sad. 4 pages of this thread and rarely a mention of expressed sympathy for the people who lost their lives or their loved ones? You're more concerned with what religion is more radical... Nice.

I think the thread is specifically about the killer, but it's good of you to mention the victims. (Even if perhaps they would better fit a different section of this forum)

The focus of crime too often ends up being about the criminal and perhaps unintentionally glorifies crime. We probably should think more about the victims and their loved ones. Good reminder.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post

I prayed for them hours ago, and am remembering them, but I am also thinking of the future victims to political correctness by the "fifth column" of homegrown Islamic Jihadists, and I am angry that political correctness by treasonous leaders allows this to continue.
We are being destroyed as a nation by "law", without Truth and without "Justice".

Old 11-05-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
How do you know?
I've been following it on the web from many sources.

The Jawa Report: Ft Hood shooter was member of extremist Salafi mosque in DC area
Quote:
November 05, 2009

Ft Hood shooter was member of extremist Salafi mosque in DC area
The War on America: Muslim Attacker "come to the attention of law enforcement at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats" - Atlas Shrugs

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 11-05-2009 at 10:05 PM..

Old 11-05-2009, 10:13 PM

1,272 posts, read 1,599,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
I've been following it on the web from many sources.
What? You mean you didn't find it in your BS "book of Jasher?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or