U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 06:38 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,433,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
This is so sad. 4 pages of this thread and rarely a mention of expressed sympathy for the people who lost their lives or their loved ones? You're more concerned with what religion is more radical... Nice.

My prayers go out to them.

Just because we haven't written prayers doesn't mean those of us who are religious haven't prayed for the victims and families. But I do think its important to defend those when people jump to judge before the facts are out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 08:04 AM

19,020 posts, read 25,615,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Because most in this country are law abiding citizens who have lived in this country for a few generations.

Another question? Why don't we just send them all to internment camps like we did the Japanese...... That would really take care of the problem wouldn't it..... (I am not really serious)
Jazz, I'm very much an advocate of equal rights and equal treatment in society and the like. The amount of Islamic friends I have is numerous, but that should never get in the way of constructive strategy/thinking even if it appears destructive for some. You cannot run this world with equality to all, there's simply too many parameters to lose and some of them are costly and vital, like the loss of 12 innocent people, or the 30 wounded folks. Who knows who's in critical condition.

I'm simply of the school of thought which looks into whatever it takes to avoid this, even if it takes discrimination.

While other people indulge in violence too, 90% of the world's civilian bombings (who will walk into restaurants, train stations and the like, with the sole intention of blowing up people whose sin is carrying on their daily lives), suicide attacks and car bombings, they come from Islamic radicals.

If this statistic does not alert people to being more proactive, then they are setting themselves up for the loss of innocent lives.

There was a dude nabbed here in Aurora, CO. He was supposedly a harmless coffee products supplier and was a silent man of Afghan descent, sounds so innocuous. Suddenly, the FBI were all over, he was planning attacks of train stations and had diagrams of all kinds..... law-abiding citizen, he could have potentially taken several thousand lives with him and Osama or Al-Zawahiri will release a video bragging about it

Old 11-06-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Jazz, I'm very much an advocate of equal rights and equal treatment in society and the like. The amount of Islamic friends I have is numerous, but that should never get in the way of constructive strategy/thinking even if it appears destructive for some. You cannot run this world with equality to all, there's simply too many parameters to lose and some of them are costly and vital, like the loss of 12 innocent people, or the 30 wounded folks. Who knows who's in critical condition.

I'm simply of the school of thought which looks into whatever it takes to avoid this, even if it takes discrimination.

While other people indulge in violence too, 90% of the world's civilian bombings (who will walk into restaurants, train stations and the like, with the sole intention of blowing up people whose sin is carrying on their daily lives), suicide attacks and car bombings, they come from Islamic radicals.

If this statistic does not alert people to being more proactive, then they are setting themselves up for the loss of innocent lives.

There was a dude nabbed here in Aurora, CO. He was supposedly a harmless coffee products supplier and was a silent man of Afghan descent, sounds so innocuous. Suddenly, the FBI were all over, he was planning attacks of train stations and had diagrams of all kinds..... law-abiding citizen, he could have potentially taken several thousand lives with him and Osama or Al-Zawahiri will release a video bragging about it
Yes I understand what you are saying. But the fact is we live in a democratic society with rights for each citizen. What you are talking about is taking away a specific populations access to those rights based on their connection to a religion. You can't have it both ways. How would you do it? A national card with everyone having their religion on it? profiling only those with Islamic names? Not all Muslims have Islamic names. Profiling those who look Muslim? What does a Muslim look like. Muslims come in all colors.... You are on a slippery slope when you talk about taking a specific populations civil rights. Where does it stop? Do we make all Muslims wear a crescent moon for identification?

Old 11-06-2009, 08:57 AM

8,516 posts, read 3,960,309 times
The shooter was a native born US citizen, born in Virginia. Was raised Muslim since birth. Parents were Jordanian-American.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:15 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,210,000 times
Quote:
Well the Japanese Americans were all in internment camps during ww2 and weren't allowed to leave, so I don't think they could have even if they wanted to
Ever hear of the 442 army division made up of Japanese Americans that fought in Europe???

Old 11-06-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I've noticed that the numerous Muslim forum members have been silent on this tragedy....I would really like to hear their thoughts on this.
I hear ya!

Old 11-06-2009, 10:22 AM

2,981 posts, read 4,476,048 times
FrontPage Magazine » The Muslim Brotherhood and Fort Hood – by Jamie Glazov » Print (http://frontpagemag.com/2009/11/06/the-muslim-brotherhood-and-ft-hood-by-jamie-glazov/print/ - broken link)
Quote:
FP: Dave Gaubatz, welcome to Frontpage Interview.

A terrible tragedy occurred yesterday at Ft. Hood, Texas. Because you are the co-author (with Paul Sperry) of the new book Muslim Mafia (http://frontpagemag.com../2009/11/03/cair-we-have-a-problem-by-jamie-glazov/ - broken link) [4], I would like to ask you this: are there any correlations between your message in the book about the ideology of the Muslim Brotherhood and the murder spree at Ft. Hood?
Gaubatz: Thanks Jamie.
Yes. The murders by Malik Nadal Hasan at Ft. Hood, TX are not a ‘lone wolf incident’ as being described by most media organizations. Hasan had been taught the ideology that is being advocated by hundreds of Islamic scholars and Imams in the U.S. We as a country can continue to deny there are numerous Islamic leaders and their supporting organizations such as CAIR, ISNA, MSA, and MANA, to name a few, who advocate killing innocent men, women, and children whom they allege ‘oppress Islam.’..
Read the interview at the link

Old 11-06-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Ever hear of the 442 army division made up of Japanese Americans that fought in Europe???
Yes I have.

The 442nd Regimental Combat Team was an Asian American unit composed of mostly Japanese Americans who fought in Europe during the Second World War. The families of many of its soldiers were subject to internment.

When the United States entered World War II in 1941, there were 5,000 Japanese Americans in the U.S. armed forces. Many were summarily discharged. Those of draft age were classified as 4-C, "enemy aliens," despite being US citizens.

In January 1943, the US War Department announced the formation of the segregated 442nd Regimental Combat Team (RCT) made up of Nisei volunteers from Hawaii and the mainland. In June of 1944, the 442nd joined forces with the 100th Infantry Battalion in Europe and incorporated the 100th into the 442nd. Due to the stunning success of Nisei in combat, the draft was re-instated in January 1944 for Nisei in the detention camps to bolster the ranks of the 442nd.

The unit’s exemplary service and many decorations did not change attitudes of the general U.S. population to people of Japanese descent after World War II. Veterans were welcomed home by signs that read “No Japs Allowed” and “No Japs Wanted,” and many veterans were denied service in shops and restaurants, and had their homes and property vandalized.

But the reality is that this country because of fear put a a large segment of the population in internment camps simply because they were of Japanese descent.

If more folks want info on the 442nd heres the link?

http://www.battlevault.com/Events/Wo...ve%20Smith.pdf

Old 11-06-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Yes I have.

The 442nd Regimental Combat Team was an Asian American unit composed of mostly Japanese Americans who fought in Europe during the Second World War. The families of many of its soldiers were subject to internment.

When the United States entered World War II in 1941, there were 5,000 Japanese Americans in the U.S. armed forces. Many were summarily discharged. Those of draft age were classified as 4-C, "enemy aliens," despite being US citizens.

In January 1943, the US War Department announced the formation of the segregated 442nd Regimental Combat Team (RCT) made up of Nisei volunteers from Hawaii and the mainland. In June of 1944, the 442nd joined forces with the 100th Infantry Battalion in Europe and incorporated the 100th into the 442nd. Due to the stunning success of Nisei in combat, the draft was re-instated in January 1944 for Nisei in the detention camps to bolster the ranks of the 442nd.

The unit’s exemplary service and many decorations did not change attitudes of the general U.S. population to people of Japanese descent after World War II. Veterans were welcomed home by signs that read “No Japs Allowed” and “No Japs Wanted,” and many veterans were denied service in shops and restaurants, and had their homes and property vandalized.

But the reality is that this country because of fear put a a large segment of the population in internment camps simply because they were of Japanese descent.

If more folks want info on the 442nd heres the link?

http://www.battlevault.com/Events/Wo...ve%20Smith.pdf
Persons of Japanese descent were not the only ones interned.

http://www.gaic.info

Old 11-06-2009, 12:50 PM

4,532 posts, read 5,122,645 times
Quote:
Being that the guy was a pschycatrist he must have had some serious mental problems.

Working in the mental health area makes one mentally ill??
there are quite a few people in the mh field because of their own issues---as a nurse some of the most emotionally unstable people in the field were physicians or counselors/therapists brought into the field in part due to their need to deal with their own issues much to the detriment of their clients

Last edited by auntieannie68; 11-06-2009 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or