U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 05:45 PM

424 posts, read 1,071,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post

Isaysos ...

all right

that Negative perception about Islam by non-Muslims ..it because they do not know anything about Islam ....

they did not take it from the right sources

What are the things that you want to know about Islam

they Do not know why Islam ....what islam ....

The ethics of Islam....

you Can tell me ...as you wish

What are the negative things about Islam even we talk about it

(Quran )told us the truth of Christ .......

True religion ......

God's way .....

Q- what is you religion ....? what is your concept about islam ...?

jmoool

thanks
There are many negative things that we (Non Middle Eastern Countries) hear about Islam everyday. Things that we experience personally (9-11/the recent shooting in Texas, reports on how people in Iraq act by soldiers that have been there) and those we hear in the news (suicide bombers, disrespect of woman etc.) I know that a majority of Muslims do not support such violent acts (at least I hope not) but it seems like anything that happens in the name of Islam is somehow harming people of other creeds.

I have friends that are Muslim here in the United States so I know that many are not what we hear about in the news every day. They stick to their religion and I stick to mine (I am a Catholic Christian by the way).

But, however, when someone such as in your original post comes along and starts posting quotes from the Koran in where the audience is 99% non-muslim and seems to think that their religion is right and others are wrong, I have issue with that. I am not anti-Muslim or anything, in fact it annoys me when Christians or any other religion does the same thing.

Would you like it if I went over to Saudi Arabia and began telling people to read the Bible and that Jesus was the true profit! I don't think I would be greeted warmly by to many people. In fact I would probably get physically beaten or killed for blasphemy. (This does not happen in many democratic countries as we have freedom of speech.) Believe me, we have many Christian here that say you have to live a certain way or be a certain religion or face eternal damnation. Many people are becoming tired of both religions because of this and that is why atheism is growing so fast (IMO).

Anyway, I am always interested in learning more about all religions, I am not close minded, but I will always practice the Catholic faith based on my family traditions and how it fits my views. Would you be interested in learning more about Christianity and the blessed Virgin Mary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 06:22 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,511,361 times
Question I'm Catholic too, but Islam comments for the moment in reduction.

I received the Koran for apparently hopeful understanding from a fundamentalist type barber (on the east side of town) a few years back. He was trying to distribute about the seven ranges of Heaven and how to him the Koran predicted many discoveries of modern science. I guess the fundamentalists want to present a personal feeling for their Creator in, yes, the health thing along with sincerities about the home-life they seem to hope in a meditative manner.

So there are, peppered throughout the Koran, a number of meditations over the individual alongside of others trying to comprehend the justice and means for achieving it it in perception as well as loving practice here on earth in the, outside of IT, Act in Heaven by that creator, Allah. apparently they are most of them real events of people being led out of intolerant situations, particular individuals rising above their situations with miracles to continue on OR end their lives. It is not a universal human or act for contacting the breeder of your intelligent manner of existence. That sort of thing is fulfilled by the Messenger of calling to the man and woman.

The Mi' raj I suppose is under the Muhammad in a section strangely entitled "Women" of the Koran. This is the final stage of Muhammad's life where He ascend into Heaven in the miraculously, but totally justified in Reason entrance into heaven by Muhammad the prophet. He would seem to be fooled by perception of obstacles for understanding future projects of surviving on earth. But the reason is fulfilled by in the end elimination of all distance from the unreasonable motion of proportionate being to existence for Judgmental meaning of 'I am here in the needs of my own Love'.

Motion of the body is like the very ratio in reasoning proportion in the spatial awareness needed to comprehend Time.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
The Mi' raj I suppose is under the Muhammad in a section strangely entitled "Women" of the Koran. This is the final stage of Muhammad's life where He ascend into Heaven in the miraculously, but totally justified in Reason entrance into heaven by Muhammad the prophet. He would seem to be fooled by perception of obstacles for understanding future projects of surviving on earth. But the reason is fulfilled by in the end elimination of all distance from the unreasonable motion of proportionate being to existence for Judgmental meaning of 'I am here in the needs of my own Love'.

Motion of the body is like the very ratio in reasoning proportion in the spatial awareness needed to comprehend Time.
Wow! So yeah. What?

Old 11-13-2009, 07:04 PM

Peaceful preaching inside, violent message outside a New York mosque - CNN.com

Its things that people here see in the streets that rub people the wrong way and give a bad image of Islam as well. Many Christians don't go to this extent, well maybe Westboro Baptist if you can count those basket cases as Christian.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:30 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,511,361 times
Default I had good grace from ISasyus yesterday, and then the technical machine, EH?

I don't know why treat me like a non-entity for sensitive behaviour. But thank you, Isasyus much, anyway.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:03 PM

169 posts, read 315,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
I received the Koran for apparently hopeful understanding from a fundamentalist type barber (on the east side of town) a few years back. He was trying to distribute about the seven ranges of Heaven and how to him the Koran predicted many discoveries of modern science. I guess the fundamentalists want to present a personal feeling for their Creator in, yes, the health thing along with sincerities about the home-life they seem to hope in a meditative manner.

So there are, peppered throughout the Koran, a number of meditations over the individual alongside of others trying to comprehend the justice and means for achieving it it in perception as well as loving practice here on earth in the, outside of IT, Act in Heaven by that creator, Allah. apparently they are most of them real events of people being led out of intolerant situations, particular individuals rising above their situations with miracles to continue on OR end their lives. It is not a universal human or act for contacting the breeder of your intelligent manner of existence. That sort of thing is fulfilled by the Messenger of calling to the man and woman.

tgnostic ...

(Isra) and( Mi'raj )

It was a miracle the Prophet peace be upon him

Do you feel satisfied with the Catholic ?

Old 11-14-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
tgnostic ...

(Isra) and( Mi'raj )

It was a miracle the Prophet peace be upon him

Do you feel satisfied with the Catholic ?
You haven't answered my questions yet Jmoool. Why is that? Would you be interested in learning more about Catholicism and the Blessed Virgin Mary? Do you think you would ever become a Christian?

More Specifically:
Would you like it if I went over to Saudi Arabia and began telling people to read the Bible and that Jesus was the true profit! I don't think I would be greeted warmly by to many people. In fact I would probably get physically beaten or killed for blasphemy. (This does not happen in many democratic countries as we have freedom of speech.) Believe me, we have many Christian here that say you have to live a certain way or be a certain religion or face eternal damnation. Many people are becoming tired of both religions because of this and that is why atheism is growing so fast (IMO).

Anyway, I am always interested in learning more about all religions, I am not close minded, but I will always practice the Catholic faith based on my family traditions and how it fits my views. Would you be interested in learning more about Christianity and the blessed Virgin Mary?

Old 11-18-2009, 11:47 AM

169 posts, read 315,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
You haven't answered my questions yet Jmoool. Why is that? Would you be interested in learning more about Catholicism and the Blessed Virgin Mary? Do you think you would ever become a Christian?

More Specifically:

NO .....Islam enough me

Islam is a religion of the prophets jesus ... muhammed .... musa ... abrahem

islam is god's way

islam paradise's way

I breathe Islam .....

it is THE TRUTH ...

When God sent the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him has had ended Christianity and Judaism

allah said.... " 83 - Do they seek for other than the religion of God? while all creatures in the heavens and on earth have, willing or unwilling, bowed to his will (accepted Islam), and to him shall they all be brought back.""QURAN

allah said ...."85 - If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to God), never will it be accepted of him; and in the hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good)." QURAN

it saudia had enough it ( QURAN )

jmoool

Old 11-18-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
NO .....Islam enough me

Islam is a religion of the prophets jesus ... muhammed .... musa ... abrahem

islam is god's way

islam paradise's way

I breathe Islam .....

it is THE TRUTH ...

When God sent the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him has had ended Christianity and Judaism

allah said.... " 83 - Do they seek for other than the religion of God? while all creatures in the heavens and on earth have, willing or unwilling, bowed to his will (accepted Islam), and to him shall they all be brought back.""QURAN

allah said ...."85 - If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to God), never will it be accepted of him; and in the hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good)." QURAN

it saudia had enough it ( QURAN )

jmoool
This logic folks is why we have so much unnecessarily violence, bloodshed and hatred in the name of religion. If you really think about it. This is the underlying cause.
This logic makes God weep. To bad we will never be able to get over ourselves and our petty differences enough to fully understand how great and complex he/she really is. You can't claim to know God/Allah any more than I do.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:47 PM

600 posts, read 1,155,173 times
Muhammed was taken to heaven but his body is buried in Medina? How does that work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or