U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-21-2009, 12:42 PM
 
Location: south saudi
169 posts, read 315,277 times
Reputation: 30

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
Muhammed was taken to heaven but his body is buried in Medina? How does that work?


This question is basically concerned with the dwelling places of the souls

after death.

prophet mohammad he is now in heaven by soul him

It should be known that the pleasure and chastisement of the Barzakh are not limited to the soul, as it is understood from the question, but are experienced by the body and the soul

Some souls will be in the highest ranking, such as the souls of the

Prophets (peace be upon them). Even they will be in different rankings

with respect to one another, as Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

saw them during his Night Journey.

The souls of the Prophets (peace be upon them) are in the highest

dwelling place and not in their graves.


Since most people after their deaths are buried in their graves, this

pleasure and chastisement are attributed to the “graves”. However, such

pleasure or chastisement will be experienced by all souls, even those of

people whose bodes were never buried.


The life of the Barzakh is one of one of the matters of the Unseen, so it

should be not compared with the norms of our worldly life. We do not have

any means to recognize how this other life will be aside from what the

sacred texts tell us about it.


And Allah knows best.


jmoool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-21-2009, 01:02 PM
 
Location: south saudi
169 posts, read 315,277 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
This logic folks is why we have so much unnecessarily violence, bloodshed and hatred in the name of religion. If you really think about it. This is the underlying cause.
This logic makes God weep. To bad we will never be able to get over ourselves and our petty differences enough to fully understand how great and complex he/she really is. You can't claim to know God/Allah any more than I do.

Islam is the religion of God

has nothing to do with violence

You are wrong when you said God cry (God is not like the creation)

God was superior than your concept

allah said about his self ((4 - And there is none like unto Him.))



jmoool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 01:39 PM
 
27 posts, read 34,022 times
Reputation: 20
islam is not the religion of god. if there was a god he would interact more in the things that happen in this world. a child dies every few seconds, yet killers and decievers live a long life.
people in the poorest countries always seem to have more religion that people that live in more prosperous places, does that mean that god gives modern countries more? if alla truely existed he would have all these third world countries taken care of. yet, there is no prosperity because they live in the desert believing in mythical creatures.
all you and christians have in common is the weakness to follow a happy fairytale. people look to religion to make up for the things they do not have or the hope that when they die they will no longer have to suffer in this world.
if alla was real, the middle east would be the pinnacle of world in all things, other than goats and people willing to blow themselves up.
i guess gods do not reward thier followers, untill they die, how nice...

Last edited by QUETZALCOATL; 11-21-2009 at 01:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 09:06 PM
 
Location: MSP
423 posts, read 1,071,639 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
Islam is the religion of God

has nothing to do with violence

You are wrong when you said God cry (God is not like the creation)

God was superior than your concept

allah said about his self ((4 - And there is none like unto Him.))



jmoool
So says you. I, and about 5 billion other people say otherwise. You obviously did not understand my last post. Please read it again and think before you respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 06:36 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,564,061 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
So says you. I, and about 5 billion other people say otherwise. You obviously did not understand my last post. Please read it again and think before you respond.
Really? Five billion? If your numbers are that far off, maybe your assertions are off the mark as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 02:41 PM
 
Location: MSP
423 posts, read 1,071,639 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Really? Five billion? If your numbers are that far off, maybe your assertions are off the mark as well.
Lets see. 6.8 billion people on Earth (minus) 1.5 billion Muslims on Earth =
5.3 Billion people who would disagree that Islam is the "true" religion of God. I'm no math wiz, but you can double check the numbers just to make sure if you would like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 04:13 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,586 posts, read 5,496,035 times
Reputation: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post

In the twelfth year of his mission, the Prophet made his night journey from Mecca to Jerusalem, and thence to heaven. His journey, known in history as Miraj (Ascension), was a real bodily one and not only a vision. It was at this time that Allah ordered the Muslims to pray the five daily prayers


The Details ........herehttp://www.islamawareness.net/Isra/isra.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2009, 02:25 PM
 
Location: south saudi
169 posts, read 315,277 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
So says you. I, and about 5 billion other people say otherwise. You obviously did not understand my last post. Please read it again and think before you respond.




I understand you completely

Compare between Christianity and Islam by who are more in spread today


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFCcYwcuX-k

On what evidence these

http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/library/jesus-say/ch6.3.html


what is your interpretation ?


jmoool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2009, 08:47 PM
 
Location: MSP
423 posts, read 1,071,639 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post

I understand you completely

Compare between Christianity and Islam by who are more in spread today


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFCcYwcuX-k

On what evidence these

http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/library/jesus-say/ch6.3.html


what is your interpretation ?


jmoool
Actually, this video is plain wrong is saying that Islam will be larger than the Catholic church in the United States. The Latino population (which is mostly Catholic) in the United States and Canada is MUCH larger that the Muslim population and is growing MUCH faster than the Muslim population. The growth of Islam in the Americas is even smaller than the growth of atheism, or no belief in God. There are also a growing number of Hindus in North America and Europe. This video clearly leaves out facts to try to persuade the audience towards its view point and is one sided. Why do you support such propaganda?

As shown below, the number of new residents in the U.S. from Muslim nations doesn't even make the top 10! Even immigrants from the Catholic country of the Philippines is larger.

Country #/year 2000 2004 2010 2010, %
Mexico 175,900 7,841,000 8,544,600 9,600,000 23.7%
China 50,900 1,391,000 1,594,600 1,900,000 4.7%
Philippines 47,800 1,222,000 1,413,200 1,700,000 4.2%
India 59,300 1,007,000 1,244,200 1,610,000 4.0%
Vietnam 33,700 863,000 997,800 1,200,000 3.0%
Cuba 14,800 952,000 1,011,200 1,100,000 2.7%
El Salvador 33,500 765,000 899,000 1,100,000 2.7%
Dominican Republic 24,900 692,000 791,600 941,000 2.3%
Canada 24,200 678,000 774,800 920,000 2.3%
Korea 17,900 701,000 772,600 880,000 2.2%
Total Pop. Top 10 498,900 16,112,000 18,747,600 21,741,000 53.7%
Total Foreign Born 940,000 31,100,000 34,860,000 40,500,000 100%
Historical Data from 2000 U.S. Census and 2004 Yearbook of Immigrant Statistics

World wide, the Hindu population is growing rapidly in both India and the U.K. and Christianity is growing fast in Eastern Asia. Therefore, it will be long after you and I are both dead before Islam makes significant inroads on the percentage of world wide population as the worlds population as a whole is growing very rapidly.

Plus, that video is cult like creepy. Why is it so important for Muslims to try and take over the world anyway? We all go to the same places when we die so its not going to matter in the end anyway. Our once beautiful planet has now become an overpopulated, resource barren, polluted, war torn, crap hole. Why any one group would want to claim it is beyond me.

Last edited by Isaysos; 11-23-2009 at 09:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2009, 10:53 AM
 
Location: south saudi
169 posts, read 315,277 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
Actually, this video is plain wrong is saying that Islam will be larger than the Catholic church in the United States. The Latino population (which is mostly Catholic) in the United States and Canada is MUCH larger that the Muslim population and is growing MUCH faster than the Muslim population. The growth of Islam in the Americas is even smaller than the growth of atheism, or no belief in God. There are also a growing number of Hindus in North America and Europe. This video clearly leaves out facts to try to persuade the audience towards its view point and is one sided. Why do you support such propaganda?

As shown below, the number of new residents in the U.S. from Muslim nations doesn't even make the top 10! Even immigrants from the Catholic country of the Philippines is larger.

Country #/year 2000 2004 2010 2010, %
Mexico 175,900 7,841,000 8,544,600 9,600,000 23.7%
China 50,900 1,391,000 1,594,600 1,900,000 4.7%
Philippines 47,800 1,222,000 1,413,200 1,700,000 4.2%
India 59,300 1,007,000 1,244,200 1,610,000 4.0%
Vietnam 33,700 863,000 997,800 1,200,000 3.0%
Cuba 14,800 952,000 1,011,200 1,100,000 2.7%
El Salvador 33,500 765,000 899,000 1,100,000 2.7%
Dominican Republic 24,900 692,000 791,600 941,000 2.3%
Canada 24,200 678,000 774,800 920,000 2.3%
Korea 17,900 701,000 772,600 880,000 2.2%
Total Pop. Top 10 498,900 16,112,000 18,747,600 21,741,000 53.7%
Total Foreign Born 940,000 31,100,000 34,860,000 40,500,000 100%
Historical Data from 2000 U.S. Census and 2004 Yearbook of Immigrant Statistics

World wide, the Hindu population is growing rapidly in both India and the U.K. and Christianity is growing fast in Eastern Asia. Therefore, it will be long after you and I are both dead before Islam makes significant inroads on the percentage of world wide population as the worlds population as a whole is growing very rapidly.

Plus, that video is cult like creepy. Why is it so important for Muslims to try and take over the world anyway? We all go to the same places when we die so its not going to matter in the end anyway. Our once beautiful planet has now become an overpopulated, resource barren, polluted, war torn, crap hole. Why any one group would want to claim it is beyond me.



all right ....Islam has begun with just one person; he was prophet

Mohummed. The number of Moslems has become more than one thousand

and four hundred million Moslems now!! what is the reason behind this

astounding swift spread of the number of Moslems and what do the

international statistics says about the number of Moslems nowadays?

in 1999 the number of Moslems reached 1200 million Moslems .......


In Asia, the total number of Moslems has reached 780 Millions.In Africa

the total number of Moslems has reached 308 Millions.In Europe, the total

number of Moslems has reached 32 Millions.In America, the total number of

Moslems has reached 7 Millions.In Australia, the total number of Moslems

has reached 358 thousands.....


The number of Moslems was less than the number of Christians in 1900

but the number of the Moslems will be more than the number of the

Christians because of the great growth the Islamic religion.


In 1900 the number of Moslems went as far as 12.4% while the number of

Christians went as far as 26.9%.In 1980 the number of Moslems all over

the world went as far as 16.5% while the number of Christians went as far

as 30%.In 2000 the number of Moslems went as far as 19.2% while the

number of Christians went as far as 29.8%.But in 2025 the number of the

Moslems will go as far as 30% but the number of Christians will go as far

as 25%.And now we come to the conclusion that Islam is increasing at

the rate of 2.9%a year and this is the highest rate of growth in the world.


Only God, who knows the Unseen told Mohummed of this fact so as to tell

hiscompanions about it more than 1400 years ago and also to be a true

sign of his prophethood.Statistics says that Islam will be the most widely-

spread religion in number in the year 2025 and this fact is accurate and

not an overstatement.


Q- Did you know that Prophet Muhammad had Mentioned in the Gospel
your book ? If you know what your interpretation for that ?


jmoool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top