U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 10:07 PM

40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The question was in regards to trusting followers of a religion. Religions are all very similar, the belief in a deity, based on zero facts to support the belief. Each has it own ego problem, each believing they are the 'only' or the 'chosen'. They are all the root cause of the strife that may well destroy us all when the wrong fanatic comes to power. We came close with Bush, but fortunately his stupidity and utter incompetence caused him to fall way short of his goal of world domination.
It is the specific tenets of world conquest under Allah, Jihad (War version as long as Israel exists) . . . and the commandment to deceive infidels in support of Jihad to gain credit with Allah . . . that distinguish Islam and make it particularly untrustworthy. Besides, the OP was specifically about Islam . . . NOT all religions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 01:08 PM

2,782 posts, read 3,731,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
So... and I'm just speculating here mind you, in the [future] words of a now-dead George Patton, "Nuke 'Em till They Glow" might be the passionate answer to all of this? Save ourselves some predictable future troubles, and get 'em before they git's us with their dirty bombs?

Just speculating and asking others' opinions.
Yes, the answer must be to become murdering psychopathic killers like the taliban.

How could you even suggest something so horrible.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:14 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times
Not to mention all the "collateral damage". But rifleman did say that he was just speculating.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 PM

6 posts, read 7,639 times
Islam has shown time and time again that thy can't play nicely with others. No, we can't trust them.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:03 PM

118 posts, read 165,009 times
Got this off of the last Islamic site I was on. It's amazing anyone would believe this stuff. This was a thread starter.

" Whoever conceals (the fault of) a Muslim in this world, Allah will conceal him (his faults) in this world and in the Hereafter. Allah will help a person so long as he is helping his brother.”

They say the most rediculous lies about the Bible. When I talk the truth about Muhammad, they often say "what right do you have feeling that way?" And I get "your truth is not the same as our truth" a lot. Then I get the boot for probably being "rude" to Muhammad or something. It's typical. They are not intrested in the truth at all. They fight like zombies to keep up the facade.

Last edited by Bag-Of-Hammers; 12-15-2009 at 03:22 PM..

Old 12-16-2009, 10:08 AM

40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
NO . . . ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

Old 12-16-2009, 01:51 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bag-Of-Hammers View Post
They are not intrested in the truth at all. They fight like zombies to keep up the facade.[/color]
That is true of other religions as well. But no, we certainly can't trust Islam. Any means justify the end.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,006 times
It all boils down to the core doctrines of a religion. If doctrines insist that every non believer in our brand is not only doomed to God's wrath but ALSO that they MUST ultimately be converted or destroyed anywhere they exist in the world, then that is a religion that can't be trusted. It is a religion that must be if not banned then at least stripped of certain rights and watched like a hawk. It is a religion whose followers must never be welcomed to participate, or else become "individually shunned" if that suits you better. Just the mere fact that someone merely admits they actually do subscribe to such a religion even before they otherwise make statements or act in any way pertaining to their belief, they are already a criminally involved threat to our society. It is illegal to conspire to harm citizens of the USA and to belong to a group that subscribes to such makes one guilty of conspiring to such. Just like there is no free speech defense for a person who cries out "FIRE!" in a packed gathering such as a theater, there also is no valid defense for folks preaching the demise through their efforts of every government and person who is not of their faith. Call it a hate crime, call it conspiracy to overthrow the US government or conspiracy to deprive citizens of their rights , it is ALL of thosel Holding to and promoting such a beleif IS criminal and can't be rightly defended by any sane and moral person! So by extention is someone criminally guilty if they only KNOW of such individuals and groups but fail to report them to law enforcement! These folks are listening to them rant, they are understanding what might become of it, and yet they do NOTHING. Doing nothing in such a case is DOING SOMETHING ... they are Aiding such persons with their tacit approval which can be construed as SUPPORT they are abetting, they would normally help victims of a crime or report imminent danger but they are making a conscious decision to NOT do those things ... this is CRIMINAL. If they claim they have religious rights and should not have to report such then they only dig themselves deeper by claiming to infact be of the SAME religion as the criminals. There can be no wishy washy middle ground here this is not about being anti muslim or anti christian etc it is about the fact that we had all better be ANTI-HATE Crime and ANTI Conpiracy with INTENT TO HARM AND MURDER

Old 01-22-2010, 10:43 PM

276 posts, read 651,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
The recent Ft. Hood carnage, and the new disclosures that the Muslim Major Hasan had contact with his mosque, and perhaps had some fundamentalist and radical thoughts, feeds the growing distrust and suspicions that most non-Muslim Americans have towards that religion.

Fort Hood Carnage Blamed On Homegrown Radical Islamic Extrem... - Care2 News Network

In the historical past, Christianity took aim at Islam with the Crusades. In America, many immigrants fled here following religious persecution in Europe, but were primarily Judeo-Christian, essentially Abrahamic. I'm not up at all on the percentage of Muslims that also immigrated here in the early part of the 20th century. Perhaps a reader or two can enlighten me and others.

The Qu'Ran does, however, provide specific rather hostile and intolerant verses that seem to support and enflame our superstitions. Right now, on NPR, they are hosting an individual who says that those inflammatory verses that are quoted so often have been taken out of context. So why not make a formal announcmeent to the population, via trusted Muslim leaders, that these verses do not apply to modern Western society, and that tolerant, freedom-loving Muslims do not agree with them?

I also wonder why the conservative, peaceful American Muslim community seems to not want to "police" it's own, essentially turning in those who are discovered to be fomenting open revolt or conspiracy aimed at the country that has so openly and tolerantly taken them in.

Can you imagine a member of a Christian congregation whispering in your ear: "We're really not happy with the American system of government, and you seem to be a kindred spirit. Why don't you join us tonight over at "Harry's" house, where we'll discuss bombing some government building in order to kill a few thousand innocent atheists and their children??"

Would you, or would you not, turn them in to the FBI? Apparently the Muslim community openly knows of such types, and yet lets them run unchecked. Those types appear to be considered heros within Islam. Maybe I'm wrong; show me.

In Canada, there has been a vocal and political demand for adoption of the Shari'a laws within the Islamic community.

International Campaign Against Shari'a Court in Canada

The Canadian Federal RCMP police have given in to allowing Hindu and Muslim recruits to modify the long-time uniform to incorporate religious dress items, including the "dirk" knife concealed under their clothing and turbans. If, however, I do that, I get myself arrested.

In France, Islamic women marched and essentially pounded the ground in demand of being allowed to wear their veil headwear wherever they wished, with no requirement to ever remove it. They did not wish to unveil even for passport photos or ID checks. Hmmmm. On that basis, Osama bin Laden could wander in to O'Hare Airport, poised as a Muslim grandmother!

CBC News - World - Opposition mounts to French ruling against Muslim woman

In the Netherlands, militant Muslims have attempted to subvert or modify local permitting constraints in order to allow the construction of many mosques where there perhaps should be none. A famous Dutch cartoonist was threatened with death for an anti-Islam political cartoon. hey; we did it all the time with "monkey-man" George Bush, no? Nice! The Dutch are now openly ruing the day they were so open with their immigration laws.

Political pundits do make more of these events and causes than they perhaps deserve, but in the end, we tend to settle in and watch the Alphabet Evening News and assume that those talking heads invariably.

This does not bode well for the Islamic religion here, if it's seen to be, and presented by the media as, a devisive and hostile force. If it's seen to be a growing and verbal "contaminant" to the long-held cultural viewpoint that we're a lovely, "truth and love" society of Anglo-Saxon Christians, then there will eventually be fighting in the streets.
Can't even trust the heads of State never mind Islam...it's all about cash and Islam has it...therefore the heads of state want their cut! Sell outs...just look at who qualifies for the Green Card lottery in the US!

Old 01-23-2010, 08:28 PM

232 posts, read 628,852 times
You are so correct. One of the fastest growing groups on welfare and foodstamps are Muslims in the US....not because they need it, but because they have found a way to beat the system. I have seen Muslimes in S-Class Mercedes at the local grocery store using the lonestar card(foodstamp in Texas) to buy food meant for the poor. Then filling there Mercedes with this stolen groceries...I guess when they ask "what would muhammed do?" they are justified because he did the same.

See Theft in Islam is OK if you are stealing it from the west. Drive around an area that is filled with muslims and see how many satellite dishes are on the roofs. They are all stealing Dish and Direct TV. the best thing we all can do is boycott their businesses.

how they are stealing from you example:
Records show gas stations pump out low-octane gas from premium pumps | khou.com | News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bag-Of-Hammers View Post
Got this off of the last Islamic site I was on. It's amazing anyone would believe this stuff. This was a thread starter.

" Whoever conceals (the fault of) a Muslim in this world, Allah will conceal him (his faults) in this world and in the Hereafter. Allah will help a person so long as he is helping his brother.

They say the most rediculous lies about the Bible. When I talk the truth about Muhammad, they often say "what right do you have feeling that way?" And I get "your truth is not the same as our truth" a lot. Then I get the boot for probably being "rude" to Muhammad or something. It's typical. They are not intrested in the truth at all. They fight like zombies to keep up the facade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or