U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 08:02 PM

423 posts, read 1,071,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Them I was thinking meant the sensible experiences for that. Of course, some kind of environmentalism would not suffice that explanation: which is WHY I am bothering to respond to you anyway.
Well, sorry to be a "bother". Carry on

Old 11-13-2009, 08:05 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,511,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaysos View Post
Well, sorry to be a "bother". Carry on
No problem. E...

Old 11-13-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
No problem. E...
Don't you mean Eh? We have some of the Canadian accent in southern Minn but not much. However, I grew up on the West Side of Chicago so have no accent at all. Maybe Italian a little.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:31 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,066,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNutt View Post
So, I get the intercession of muhammed.....and maybe get to go to heaven?

The main sources of Islam are the Quran and the Hadith

here is one Hadith regarding the intercession and then you judge about maybe you go to heaven or for sure.

Narrated Ma'bad bin Hilal Al'Anzi:

We, i.e., some people from Basra gathered and went to Anas bin Malik, and we went in company with Thabit Al-Bunnani so that he might ask him about the Hadith of intercession on our behalf.

Behold, Anas was in his palace, and our arrival coincided with his Duha prayer. We asked permission to enter and he admitted us while he was sitting on his bed. We said to Thabit, "Do not ask him about anything else first but the Hadith of intercession."

He said, "O Abu Hamza! There are your brethren from Basra coming to ask you about the Hadith of intercession."

Anas then said, "Muhammad talked to us saying,

'On the Day of Resurrection the people will surge with each other like waves, and then they will come to Adam and say, 'Please intercede for us with your Lord.' He will say, 'I am not fit for that but you'd better go to Abraham as he is the Khalil of the Beneficent.'

They will go to Abraham and he will say, 'I am not fit for that, but you'd better go to Moses as he is the one to whom Allah spoke directly.'

So they will go to Moses and he will say, 'I am not fit for that, but you'd better go to Jesus as he is a soul created by Allah and His Word.' (Be: And it was)

they will go to Jesus and he will say, 'I am not fit for that, but you'd better go to Muhammad.'

They would come to me and I would say, 'I am for that.' Then I will ask for my Lord's permission, and it will be given, and then He will inspire me to praise Him with such praises as I do not know now. So I will praise Him with those praises and will fall down, prostrate before Him. Then it will be said, 'O Muhammad, raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for your will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.'

I will say, 'O Lord, my followers! My followers!' And then it will be said, 'Go and take out of Hell (Fire) all those who have faith in their hearts, equal to the weight of a barley grain.'

I will go and do so and return to praise Him with the same praises, and fall down (prostrate) before Him. Then it will be said, 'O Muhammad, raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to, and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.'

I will say, 'O Lord, my followers! My followers!' It will be said, 'Go and take out of it all those who have faith in their hearts equal to the weight of a small ant or a mustard seed.'

I will go and do so and return to praise Him with the same praises, and fall down in prostration before Him. It will be said, 'O, Muhammad, raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to, and ask, for you will be granted (your request); and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted.'

I will say, 'O Lord, my followers!' Then He will say, 'Go and take out (all those) in whose hearts there is faith even to the lightest, lightest mustard seed. (Take them) out of the Fire.'

I will go and do so."'

When we left Anas, I said to some of my companions, "Let's pass by Al-Hasan who is hiding himself in the house of Abi Khalifa and request him to tell us what Anas bin Malik has told us." So we went to him and we greeted him and he admitted us. We said to him, "O Abu Said! We came to you from your brother Anas Bin Malik and he related to us a Hadith about the intercession the like of which I have never heard."

He said, "What is that?" Then we told him of the Hadith and said,
"He stopped at this point (of the Hadith)."
He said, "What then?"
We said, "He did not add anything to that."
He said, Anas related the Hadith to me twenty years ago when he was a young fellow. I don't know whether he forgot or if he did not like to let you depend on what he might have said."

We said, "O Abu Said ! Let us know that."
He smiled and said, "Man was created hasty. I did not mention that, but that I wanted to inform you of it. Anas told me the same as he told you and said that the Prophet added,

'I then return for a fourth time and praise Him similarly and prostrate before Him me the same as he 'O Muhammad, raise your head and speak, for you will be listened to; and ask, for you will be granted (your request): and intercede, for your intercession will be accepted .'

I will say, 'O Lord, allow me to intercede for whoever said, 'None has the right to be worshiped except Allah.'

Then Allah will say,
'By my Power,
and my Majesty,
and by My Supremacy,
and by My Greatness, I will take out of Hell (Fire) whoever said:
'None has the right to be worshipped except Allah.' ''

Old 11-14-2009, 03:26 PM

169 posts, read 315,277 times
Quote:
What do I gain from it? What are the benefit?

I want to understand why you guys are here posting copy/paste jobbies for us to read about muhammed.

Why should I become a muslim?

all right .........

allah said ...
002.136 Say ye: "We believe in God, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to God (in Islam)." Quran

allah said .....
85 - "If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to God), never will it be accepted of him; and in the hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good)" Quran

Old 11-15-2009, 11:04 AM

the Messenger of Allaah Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“By the One is Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad,
not one of this nation, Jew or Christian, will hear of me
and will die without having believed in that with which I have been sent,
but he will be one of the dwellers of Hell fire.”

Old 11-15-2009, 01:17 PM

1,477 posts, read 1,426,361 times
Quote:
What do I gain from it? What are the benefit?

I want to understand why you guys are here posting copy/paste jobbies for us to read about muhammed.

Why should I become a muslim?
For the 30 virgins when you die, duh!!!

Old 11-15-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
the Messenger of Allaah Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“By the One is Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad,
not one of this nation, Jew or Christian, will hear of me
and will die without having believed in that with which I have been sent,
but he will be one of the dwellers of Hell fire.”
Well, Isn't that nice. We're all going to hell.
I think there are about 5 billion people that would disagree with you. Including myself.
You know, there is a lot of danger brought to this world by those that think their religion is right and everyone else is wrong. Muslims claim Christians are going to hell for not believing Mohammad, Christians think Muslims are going to hell because they don't believe Jesus is the son of God. Both think Jews are going to hell for not believing either one. On and on and on. It will never end!

I say to you, this logic is very flawed and is the root cause of much of the violence that we see in the world today, especially the Middle East. If we all claim to be religions of PEACE we will throw this logic by the wayside and live like respectful human beings, I think that would please God/Allah the most. In my opinion satan is the one that cheers this logic on and celebrates all of the violence and naiveness (sp) that goes along with it. May you someday find peace in your heart Moonsun and respect other religions as I respect yours. I think you will find that you will improve your relationship with God once you have peace.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:02 PM

jesus told you that a prophet will come after him.

In the New Testament, the Prophet’s name occurs in several positions. In the Book of John 16:7, we read Jesus’ words while addressing his Disciples:

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away, the comforter (“periclytos” in Greek) will not come unto you.”

The word “comforter” is translated from the Greek word “paracletos” which had been used to replace the original word “periclytos” meaning “Muhammad” or “Ahmad” in Arabic. The two Greek utterances have little difference in pronunciation as well as in spelling; therefore, the scribes could have easily used one word for the other in some versions. Jews and Christians have preferred the corrupted version to the true one.

in the Quran

And (remember) when 'Îsa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah unto you, confirming the Taurat [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad. But when he (Ahmad i.e. Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic." 61:6

YouTube - In the passion of Christ, Jesus uses the word Allah and manahma. Must watch.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:42 PM

66 posts, read 85,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
Jesus is considered one of the five greatest prophets sent by God to mankind.
Furthemore, he is God. Not "A" God.....but God Himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or