U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 07:19 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,856,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNutt View Post
What do I gain from it? What are the benefit?

I want to understand why you guys are here posting copy/paste jobbies for us to read about muhammed.

Why should I become a muslim?
'cause you'd look so cute in a widdle white frock and a funny hat

Old 11-16-2009, 07:09 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,066,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
For the 30 virgins when you die, duh!!!

the most important reason is to avoid hell.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:43 PM

1,477 posts, read 1,426,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
the most important reason is to avoid hell.
But you get 30 virgins when you die right?

I had a question about those virgins. Are those virgins living people who died while virgins, or did Allah create them only in Heaven?

Old 11-16-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:

I had a question about those virgins. Are those virgins living people who died while virgins, or did Allah create them only in Heaven?
the paradise in not one paradise .
there is the lowest level and the highest level and there are many levels between them.
the number of virgins and they are called houri may vary from a level to another and Allah created them in Heaven.
and also he will have his wife.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 PM

4,281 posts, read 9,476,891 times
Thank whoever that I don't believe in the majority of the cr@p that is spouted by religion.

Respect your fellow 'man' and lead a true and good life.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:48 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,581,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNutt View Post
What do I gain from it? What are the benefit?

I want to understand why you guys are here posting copy/paste jobbies for us to read about muhammed.

Why should I become a muslim?

A Call from God to the People of the Bible
[: Jews and Christians]

God - be exalted - said in the Quran 5: 15-16
يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ قَدْ جَاءكُمْ رَسُولُنَا يُبَيِّنُ لَكُمْ كَثِيرًا مِّمَّا كُنتُمْ تُخْفُونَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَيَعْفُو عَن كَثِيرٍ قَدْ جَاءكُم مِّنَ اللّهِ نُورٌ وَكِتَابٌ مُّبِينٌ . يَهْدِي بِهِ اللّهُ مَنِ اتَّبَعَ رِضْوَانَهُ سُبُلَ السَّلاَمِ وَيُخْرِجُهُم مِّنِ الظُّلُمَاتِ إِلَى النُّورِ بِإِذْنِهِ وَيَهْدِيهِمْ إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ

The explanation:
(O people of the Bible [:Jews and Christians], now has Our messenger[, Mohammed,] come expounding to you many things in the Bible that you have been hiding, and many things else he disregards.

There has come to you light from God and a clear ‘Book’[: the Quran.]

Whereby God guides him who seeks His good pleasure to the paths of safety, and brings them out of darkness to light with His leave, and guides them to a standard path.)

Therefore, the messenger is Mohammed, and the plain Scripture or Book is the Quran, and his saying-be exalted-
يُبَيِّنُ لَكُمْ كَثِيرًا مِّمَّا كُنتُمْ تُخْفُونَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ
i.e. (expounding to you many things in the scripture that you have been hiding) means: of the laws of the Torah.

In addition, the Quran guides to a “straight and standard” path, means: to the religion of the truth.

The late interpreter of the Quran and the Bible said also:

"People of the Scripture, believe in the Quran which was sent down from God to Mohammed, the messenger of God, and which includes the words of God and abandon the books which were altered by the hands of men so they changed their rules and distorted their programs; so that you ceased to wash your bodies with water after copulation while that is prohibited for you, and you work with usury while it is prohibited by all religions. Therefore, do not hold fast with this religion.

Moreover, God has invited you to the religion of the Islam, the generous religion that is the religion of easiness in which there is no straining or difficulties, as it has been strained with you in the Torah. Actually, it had been strained with you as a punishment because you disobeyed His commandment and disobeyed His messenger Moses, so He made the religious duties (or rituals) heavy on you."

Then the late interpreter, Mohammed-Ali Hassan, added:

"But now listen to my words, and follow my advice, and believe in all God’s messengers in order that God will be pleased with you and you will succeed in your Worldly life and in the Hereafter, and abandon the stubbornness and the pride; because the endresult of the stubbornness is regret and loss just as how your forefathers lost when they denied the messengers (or apostles) of God and hurt them; then likewise you will lose if you do not believe in Mohammed the son of Abdullah, the messenger of God.

God-be exalted- said in the Quran 3: 85
وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الإِسْلاَمِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِي الآخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ
The explanation:
(And who seeks as religion other than the Islam it will not be accepted from him,
and he shall, in the afterlife, be of those who lose.)

God gave you a respite, this whole period of time, [for reflection] in order to contemplate in his apostlehood and to study His Quran and that you should believe in him.

God-be exalted- said in the Quran 7: 185
وَأَنْ عَسَى أَن يَكُونَ قَدِ اقْتَرَبَ أَجَلُهُمْ فَبِأَيِّ حَدِيثٍ بَعْدَهُ يُؤْمِنُونَ
The explanation:
(And [see that], it may be, their term is already drawing nigh; in what relation, after this [Quran], then will they believe?)

It means: after the Quran.

The interpretation:
There will be no heavenly book after the Quran to believe in it. Therefore, no excuse for you from now on, and anyone who will believe, a period of time after this explanation, then his belief will not be accepted from him.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflict/index.htm (broken link)
Then from the list of contents, click on
A call from God to the people of the Bible.

Last edited by eanassir; 11-17-2009 at 12:40 PM..

Old 11-18-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
there is the lowest level and the highest level and there are many levels between them.
the number of virgins and they are called houri may vary from a level to another and Allah created them in Heaven.

And you (all) will be in three groups.
So those on the Right Hand (i.e. those who will be given their Records in their right hands) - how (fortunate) will be those on the Right Hand! (As a respect for them, because they will enter Paradise).
And those on the Left Hand (i.e. those who will be given their Record in their left hands) - how (unfortunate) will be those on the Left Hand! (As a disgrace for them, because they will enter Hell).
And those foremost [(in Islamic Faith of Monotheism and in performing righteous deeds) in the life of this world on the very first call for to embrace Islam] will be foremost (in Paradise).
These will be the nearest (to Allah).
In the Gardens of Delight (Paradise).
A multitude of those (foremost) will be from the first generations (who embraced Islam).
And a few of those (foremost) will be from the later generations.
(They will be) on thrones woven with gold and precious stones.
Reclining thereon, face to face.
Immortal boys will go around them (serving),
With cups, and jugs, and a glass of flowing wine,
Wherefrom they will get neither any aching of the head, nor any intoxication.
And with fruit that they may choose.
And with the flesh of fowls that they desire.
And (there will be) Hur (fair females) with wide, lovely eyes (as wives for "Al-Muttaqun" - the pious - See V. 2:2),
Like unto preserved pearls.
A reward for what they used to do.
No Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk) will they hear therein, nor any sinful speech (like backbiting).
But only the saying of: Salam! Salam! (greetings with peace)!

And those on the Right Hand - how (fortunate) will be those on the Right Hand.......

Old 11-18-2009, 12:24 PM

423 posts, read 1,071,721 times
Quote:
What if you are a woman or gay? Then are all of the virgins men? (or I suppose they would still be women if you are lesbian.)
If sex is only to be for procreation, then why do you have sex with virgins in heaven?

Old 11-18-2009, 01:27 PM

66 posts, read 85,313 times
Quote:

What do women get? Wouldn't 72 or 30 or whatever virgins just be annoying?

Old 11-18-2009, 02:17 PM

1,477 posts, read 1,426,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouDon'tKnowMe View Post
What do women get? Wouldn't 72 or 30 or whatever virgins just be annoying?
Its Islam so they speak only when spoken too. If they get annoying make them a wear a burqa; out of site out of mind. If I stone one to death will Allah make me a new one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or