U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 09:22 AM

40,332 posts, read 26,896,474 times

Advertisements

No more than any other religion . . . but they probably have more superstition and primitive thinking about God and the human role in enforcing God's laws . . . rather than leaving it up to God to deal with violators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 09:34 AM

3,291 posts, read 5,808,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUETZALCOATL View Post
while i do not believe in gods, i think that muslims at least have the upper hand in this faith thing. they are willing to die and follow the teachings of the Quran.
do you christians not have the faith to follow the words of Jesus? or do most christians ignor Luke 19:27
If what you say is true, do you think that's something to be proud of? In my estimation, it's not at all something to brag about. It's actually quite sad - both that many Muslims and many Christians are so stuck in living a faith-based life devoid of the logical reasoning skills which many individuals incorporate in their daily lives.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:48 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,401,232 times
Default Biased? Bigoted? Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No more than any other religion . . . but they probably have more superstition and primitive thinking about God and the human role in enforcing God's laws . . . rather than leaving it up to God to deal with violators.
Completely agreed. The societies where Islam is flourishing seem to be characterized by poor education, stereotypical attitudes towards the suppression of knowledge and of womens' rights. Not to mention the ease with which the "tribal elders" can easily convince their otherwise fine young men to go kill themselves and scores of innocents for the ancient arguments that those elders can no longer physically carry forward themselves.

All for the silly promise of 72 Virgins.

That lack of education seems obvious when we read the posts from Muslims here on C-D. They rarely provide their own synopses or logical argument points, but rather they just provide walls of scripture that are seemingly irrelevant, often in Farsi, or are, at best, very hard for a Westerner to interpret.

Then, we get to hear on these posts that "Islam is growing!". As if blind obedience to theology and willing self-destruction are good things!

Old 11-23-2009, 10:48 AM

56 posts, read 60,908 times
superstition haha visit this
Quran Miracles Ecyclopedia - Historical, Univers, Human, Life Sciences (Animals, Insects, Plants, Numeric), understanding Islam, Prophetical, Islamic personalities, The early moslem women, Comparative Religions (http://55a.net/firas/en1/ - broken link)
islam growing

Old 11-23-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
islam growing
That is the equivalent of saying the H1N1 virus is spreading, IMO.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:01 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,043,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Completely agreed. The societies where Islam is flourishing seem to be characterized by poor education, stereotypical attitudes towards the suppression of knowledge and of womens' rights. Not to mention the ease with which the "tribal elders" can easily convince their otherwise fine young men to go kill themselves and scores of innocents for the ancient arguments that those elders can no longer physically carry forward themselves.

All for the silly promise of 72 Virgins.

That lack of education seems obvious when we read the posts from Muslims here on C-D. They rarely provide their own synopses or logical argument points, but rather they just provide walls of scripture that are seemingly irrelevant, often in Farsi, or are, at best, very hard for a Westerner to interpret.

Then, we get to hear on these posts that "Islam is growing!". As if blind obedience to theology and willing self-destruction are good things!
but islam exist in every society , islam exist in west and east , with poor and rich , with scientists and with simple minds
so the poor education not a critical issue here

and actually i think that most muslims here are arabs , they are poor in english language ( including me ) , so that it's sort of complex to make good communication here specifically when we find the hateness and the offness overcomes the discussions
(i really hope if you recognise this fact )

with all respect to your openion , but i find it not fair to describe all muslims by poors and lack of education , rifleman

as for women rights , i have feeling that if i discussed this issue with you (westerners) . and told how far we respect the women and give them thier rights and how far we should to deal with them kindly and if all muslims in this forum said to you that quran and the prophet of islam are the first ones gave the women their rights and their respect ( even before your soceity ).
you will not ever change you mind , may be because it's satisfying you to believe what you believe about muslims , or may be becaue the media around you succeed to transfere this view to you ( specially most of you have no relation with muslims society) , or may be you don't want to see chaste women in the street

but you mixing everything up . you mixing rights of women in islam with the care of them to be chaste then mixing that with some crimes agianst women and radical thoughts about women , and some news here and some laws in others's with igoring of real views of our imams .
you mixing all of them , then saying that islam don't respect women .

Old 11-24-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
and actually i think that most muslims here are arabs , they are poor in english language ( including me ) , so that it's sort of complex to make good communication here specifically when we find the hateness and the offness overcomes the discussions
(i really hope if you recognise this fact )
It is impossible to feel compassion for a religion that DEMANDS that its adherents LIE to and DECEIVE infidels during Jihad (the war and defense type) . . . which exists now and will continue to exist as long as Israel exists. How respectfully would you listen to or believe whatever anyone said from such a religion?

Old 11-24-2009, 11:56 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,043,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is impossible to feel compassion for a religion that DEMANDS that its adherents LIE to and DECEIVE infidels during Jihad (the war and defense type) . . . which exists now and will continue to exist as long as Israel exists. How respectfully would you listen to or believe whatever anyone said from such a religion?
for rifleman
who do you think the one who lack education and principles of discussion here

can you imagine , when someone believe that your way of life is to lie and decieve him , which kind of discussion will you expect when someone as mysticPhd involved in it

Old 11-24-2009, 12:06 PM

2,756 posts, read 5,421,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUETZALCOATL View Post
while i do not believe in gods, i think that muslims at least have the upper hand in this faith thing. they are willing to die and follow the teachings of the Quran.
do you christians not have the faith to follow the words of Jesus? or do most christians ignor Luke 19:27

You're confusing true faith with religious zealotry and fanatacism. What exactly do you figure gives Muslims "the upper hand in this faith thing" as you so quaintly put it? Their willingness to strap bombs to themselves and die as martyrs? Sorry: that act of terrorism (not faith) is more due to their poverty and the secutiry that is b estowed upon their respective families after their deaths than it is to their faith.
Also: of course no one is perfect nor is able to follow the written tenets of their faiths exactly. Thusly, just because a true Christian may not be able to always adhere to the Luke passage you cited does not mean their faith is not strong. As the Bible says, we have all fallen short of the mark. That's just part of being human.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
for rifleman
who do you think the one who lack education and principles of discussion here

can you imagine , when someone believe that your way of life is to lie and decieve him , which kind of discussion will you expect when someone as mysticPhd involved in it
It is in the Sunna during Jihad (of the War and Defense) . . . It is NOT optional . . . Allah requires it. Do NOT try to pretend you don't know what I am referring to, elwill . . . you have shown your knowledge before . . . AS I have !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam