U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 06:35 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,064,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So . . I repeat:

Based on its content and application against Jesus as the Son of God (denying Christ and the Salvation) . . . my belief is that it is the Word of the AntiChrist (or Satan) . . . NOT God!

Jesus peace be upon him

we believe he is a prophet and a messenger from Allah
we believe he was born without father by spirit of Allah
we believe he spoke when he was baby in cradle
we believe he design out of clay, a figure like that of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by Allaah’s Leave;
we believe he heal him who was born blind, and the leper,
we believe he bring the dead to life by Allaah’s Leave.
we believe he is lifted up in Heaven
we believe he will descend to earth to kill the anti Christ

do you think it is too much for us to believe that he is son of God?

no it is not too much .

we only do not believe that he is son of God because he is not son of God.

We are sure about him but the Christians are not
Some of them they say he is son of God and some they say he is God and some they say he is all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 09:58 PM

when did the scientist know that earth rotate around its axle ?

for sure not before the Quran

"Thou seest the mountains and thinkest them firmly fixed: but they pass like the passing of the clouds: (such is) the artistry of God, who disposes of all things in perfect order: for he is well acquainted with all that ye do. (The Noble Quran, 27:88)"

Old 11-30-2009, 10:23 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,972,242 times
The Earth rotates upon its axis, not its axle. Furthermore, I do not see how that passage clarifies it. You might use it more effectively to demostrate erosion or perhaps continental drift, but I wouldn't. It does qualify as lyrical writing for the believer.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:56 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whybelieve78 View Post
There is also evidence within the Koran to support it was man made. I will gladly look it up, as I own one. I also own other religious books. You can find evidence in each religious book to support the idea that it is true and false at the sametime.

and we accepted your challange

Old 12-01-2009, 05:24 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,038,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
The Earth rotates upon its axis, not its axle. Furthermore, I do not see how that passage clarifies it. You might use it more effectively to demostrate erosion or perhaps continental drift, but I wouldn't. It does qualify as lyrical writing for the believer.
we don't understand it as talking about erosion for many reasons

firstly , the verse taking about mountain as one entity , not about it's surface or it's particles

secondly , the erosion can be seen by naked eyes , while in this verse it mentioned that the human think that it's fixed . so that it dosn't talking about the surface of the mountain , it actually taking about the mountain itself

thirdly , the purpose of this verse is to show the humans the power of God in his creation by saying that we look at the montains and think that it's fixed while in the fact it passes in the same manner of cloud passing

fourthly , erosinon of the mountains dosn't mean that mountains are moving . it's just mean that mountains have been reduced to a fraction of their original size

afterall , if you insist that the verse talking about erosion , then find for me logical reason for the parable used in the verse with the moving of clouds
"Thou seest the mountains and thinkest them firmly fixed: but they pass like the passing of the clouds: (such is) the artistry of God, who disposes of all things in perfect order: for he is well acquainted with all that ye do. (The Noble Quran, 27:88)"

Old 12-01-2009, 06:44 PM

another evidence

This is an end of stars life as it was taken from Nasa Hubble Telescope.
it look s like a rose

the sky will look like rose like paint

And when the heaven splitteth asunder and becometh rosy like red hide .
Which is it, of the favours of your Lord, that ye deny . (55:37-38)

Old 12-02-2009, 11:47 AM

another evidence
http://www.quranandscience.com/plugins/content/imagesresizecache/3a77bfe8b33cf82025171c5233c7dda8.jpeg (broken link)

Although it's easy for psychopaths and well-trained spies to cheat the lie detector, many scientists believe it may be possible to nab liars by going straight to the source of mendacity: the brain.
The Lying Brain -- 306 (5703): 1888c -- Science

No! If he does not stop, We will take him by the naseyah (front of the head), a lying, sinful naseyah (front of the head)!(96:15-16)

Old 12-02-2009, 02:14 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,972,242 times
I love it when modern scientific discoveries are co-opted in an attempt to prove the veracity of ancient texts. Placing the cart before the horse, don't you think so?

Specidically, what was the last post supposed to be evidence of, anyway? No one is talking about intentional lying, just differences of opinion.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I love it when modern scientific discoveries are co-opted in an attempt to prove the veracity of ancient texts. Placing the cart before the horse, don't you think so?

in the Hadith of prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
"If a fly falls down to your vessel,
drown all of it then remove it,
for one of its wings has the ailment
and the other has the cure,"

remember only one of the wings has the cure

Old 12-04-2009, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
Actually, this proves that the Koran is false, since the bones form AFTER the muscles form. In embryonic development, the muscles form together with cartilage. After a while, some of the cartilage ossifies/hardens to form bones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-E0b...eature=related
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or