U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-27-2009, 04:54 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Reputation: 12622

Advertisements

Let me ask peaceful man...Do your consider yourself Sunni or Shi'a ?

 
Old 11-27-2009, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
37 posts, read 218,313 times
Reputation: 13
Isaysos , it's late now i'll get back to replay you soon

Quote:
Let me ask peaceful man...Do your consider yourself Sunni or Shi'a ?

i'm Sunni , thanks to Allah
 
Old 11-27-2009, 10:01 PM
 
8,335 posts, read 9,792,499 times
Reputation: 10639
Am I the only one who found the pictures...disturbing? How long until those pictures represent what we now know as the modern western world? The rate of Islamic growth is mind boggling. Given current trends, at some point most of the world will be Islamic. It won't be long at all for that to happen in Europe. And as their numbers grow, more of them will attain positions of power, and life as we know it will be in serious danger.

Interesting pictures, no doubt, but also sobering to say the least.
 
Old 11-27-2009, 10:45 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,969,943 times
Reputation: 5074
Sharia Law doesn't seem very 'peaceful' to me. Islam has far too much dogma attached to it...but then I think any is too much. (Catma is much better!) Independent thinking should be promoted, not ritual.
 
Old 11-28-2009, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
37 posts, read 218,313 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Are you avoiding my questions on what you would do if one of your family members converted to Christianity or told you they were gay on purpose?
i don't have that much of time to answer this question it take long time , but shortly For a Muslim to convert to another religoun or anyother , he must first prove that " Islam " Is false religous , since he or she convert to Islam , that mean they think that Islam is the right religouse , and it's quite fair , to convert from Islam you have to prove that it's the wrong religouse , and since the first day of Islam , no human nor sinticst could ever disprove it ,

how can you disprove what been writen By "GOd"

a general rule in ISlam say , " scince and Islam never disprove " they both lead to each other
with time more and more from all over the world convert to Islam because they have known and decover It's the ture religour ,

All those sinntece who convert to Islam , at first they main point was to study it and disprove it , but when they did study it and find out that every world in it is true , they are the once who convert to Islam

i might get back to add some point , i can't focus right now :s bad day



Quote:
they were gay
Unlike your country and the out side world that would never happing on an Islamic culture , Yes it's exisit and some bad people do such thing , but they are bad and the people look at them at the lowest class people , not mentioning what going to happing to them in the afterlife ,


one of the thing that Islam insure is a safe commnity for all people ,
those whom are not stright in an Arab world won't dear to speak it , knowing that everyone will look at them down , human nature , medical law , all religouse , .. etc does not all such as thing , that even a stright human brain does not accept ,

it can't be even called a freedom ,

yes , Islam give the human the right to chose what they want and do what they want , and insure that everyone get their freedom ,
with those bad people on street " gay " where is the freedom for those who want to go out and shoping safly ,

this typ of people whom are not stright will cause big problem to everyone , people will be afrain from them , people won't go much because of them school won't be safe , deasise will apear ,

and by the way , not only Islam who does not accept them , almost every culure i've read about .

beside the law it's selfe fight these people and try to extrmenat them almost in every part of the world

this is the last time i answer any question out of this topic , the topic is about islam and what is it , not answring some Islamic heater question ,
if you are intersted in this picture and have a comment about them then you are most then welcom to post , IF not , i'll egnoor the replay and will not answer any ,

there are many topic where such question can be asked and this is not the place right place to ask


bay the way i'm only 20 , engneering student , most of the question i've answered i should not , there are people whom job to answer this question , a person whom answer question like this and want an answer should at least have studied religous , Islam , joew , chirstainty ,
not punch of hatered ask quesion the point from is to dispress or make the topic look down


Last edited by peaceful man; 11-28-2009 at 10:50 AM..
 
Old 11-28-2009, 01:10 PM
 
Location: MSP
422 posts, read 1,070,544 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful man View Post
i don't have that much of time to answer this question it take long time , but shortly For a Muslim to convert to another religoun or anyother , he must first prove that " Islam " Is false religous , since he or she convert to Islam , that mean they think that Islam is the right religouse , and it's quite fair , to convert from Islam you have to prove that it's the wrong religouse , and since the first day of Islam , no human nor sinticst could ever disprove it ,

how can you disprove what been writen By "GOd"

a general rule in ISlam say , " scince and Islam never disprove " they both lead to each other
with time more and more from all over the world convert to Islam because they have known and decover It's the ture religour ,

All those sinntece who convert to Islam , at first they main point was to study it and disprove it , but when they did study it and find out that every world in it is true , they are the once who convert to Islam


[b]Unlike your country and the out side world that would never happing on an Islamic culture , Yes it's exisit and some bad people do such thing , but they are bad and the people look at them at the lowest class people , not mentioning what going to happing to them in the afterlife ,
So what happens if someone does convert to Christianity. I would be safe to assume that the answer would be to deal with it by violent means.

Your response to the question about gay people speaks volumes about your ignorance on the subject. Logically, since you are not gay or obviously know nothing about them, your harsh statements about them are not valid and you are speaking on pure lack of understanding and spewing hatred towards something you know nothing about. It also points out an extreme example of the ignorance and hatred Are you saying if one of your family members were gay you would shun them and disown them since you automatically label them as "bad people"?

The fact that I would be punished for practicing Christianity in your home country also attest to my statement. This is why I will never become Muslim, time upon time it is shown to me that deeply ingrained into its logic is a message of convert and follow our rules unless, cult like mentality and is the opposite of the "religion of peace".

Its the lack of understanding in this world such as this that leads to violence and sin.

Last edited by Isaysos; 11-28-2009 at 01:26 PM..
 
Old 11-28-2009, 01:28 PM
 
Location: MSP
422 posts, read 1,070,544 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful man View Post

bay the way i'm only 20 , engneering student , most of the question i've answered i should not , there are people whom job to answer this question , a person whom answer question like this and want an answer should at least have studied religous , Islam , joew , chirstainty ,
not punch of hatered ask quesion the point from is to dispress or make the topic look down[/b]
[/color]
You are not capable for forming your own rational thoughts? Are you not able to make decisions on your own based on what you see and experience in life?

PS: Please do not take my statements as personally attacking you. I am assuming that you do not think I am a bad person because I am Christian, just like I do not think you are a bad person because you are Muslim. I do have some friends that are Muslim and we have our disagreements, but treat each others views with respect. I assume you have non-Muslim friends?
I think you are a good person by being faithful to God/Allah and in my mind that is the most important thing. I just get upset about the many negative things and seemingly lack of understanding that I see by many Muslim posters on this forum, but in the end, we most likely have more things in common than we do different.

Last edited by Isaysos; 11-28-2009 at 01:38 PM..
 
Old 11-28-2009, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
37 posts, read 218,313 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
You are not capable for forming your own rational thoughts? Are you not able to make decisions on your own based on what you see and experience in life?

PS: Please do not take my statements as personally attacking you. I am assuming that you do not think I am a bad person because I am Christian, just like I do not think you are a bad person because you are Muslim. I do have some friends that are Muslim and we have our disagreements, but treat each others views with respect. I assume you have non-Muslim friends?
I think you are a good person by being faithful to God/Allah and in my mind that is the most important thing. I just get upset about the many negative things and seemingly lack of understanding that I see by many Muslim posters on this forum, but in the end, we most likely have more things in common than we do different.
As for me i try to make my own thoughts i don't really give the topic that much of a thought it's just sharing a culture view , but some people changed the path of the topic and it tearned into something els,

sure i chat and talke with some non-muslims ,
some of my teachers are jews and chrastian , the non-muslims teachers that i have more then the Muslims one , also the university that i study at have people rom all over the world , from us. uk , jappan ...etc each have his own belives and thing just going fine and great some time ,

even those who live at one country and share the same culture , and even those who live at the same hous have many disagreements every day ,
how about those who are from different culture .

and about judment people , no human have the right to judge anyone , seems good or bad,
everyone got the right to think whatever he blease about anyone , but not to judg in public

as for me and the way i look at people those whom respect me i respect them no matter who they are or where they come from ,

Islam also tought us not to be mean toward other people and religouse but quite the oposit , how can you joing something you don't like or how can you joing to people you heat or have assue with ,
been nice to them and show them respect , might be just the deed for what it take form them to join.


one point i'de like to talke about is , the way that some Muslims act toward non-muslims , don't forgit that muslims people are human after all , and a muslim make mistaks all human make mistake , if a muslim did something wrong or bad, that not mean that islam allow that thing or order it ,
for me i hate some people with the first sight , they could be muslims , jows or anybuddy , for something they did or for a bad experience with them
i hate them because of what i did not like , :s like our physics teacher :s he is a muslim buy the way i wish all the bad mean for him after the last exams it's wrong and islam does not allow it , but we are human after all and feeling can take us away some times ,

Islam should not be blamed for this , it's a human falt not a whall nation



Last edited by peaceful man; 11-28-2009 at 02:01 PM..
 
Old 11-28-2009, 02:40 PM
 
Location: MSP
422 posts, read 1,070,544 times
Reputation: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful man View Post

Islam also tought us not to be mean toward other people and religouse but quite the oposit , how can you joing something you don't like or how can you joing to people you heat or have assue with ,
been nice to them and show them respect , might be just the deed for what it take form them to join.


[/b]
Same goes for Christianity.
However, I think the biggest mis-understandings amongst all religions (Christianity, Islam, Jews) is regarding gay people. From what I understand, they are treated worse in Muslim cultures than others, but Christianity has its share of hatred towards things it does not understand. The Catholic church says that it is Ok to be gay because God made you that way, but you are not to act on it (have sex with another man or woman) as that is a sin. You should stay a virgin and live your life carrying out the works of God. But we are not to love the person any less as Jesus loves all people, not matter what their background is. Does Islam say anything to that extent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful man View Post
one point i'de like to talke about is , the way that some Muslims act toward non-muslims , don't forgit that muslims people are human after all , and a muslim make mistaks all human make mistake , if a muslim did something wrong or bad, that not mean that islam allow that thing or order it ,
for me i hate some people with the first sight , they could be muslims , jows or anybuddy , for something they did or for a bad experience with them
i hate them because of what i did not like , :s like our physics teacher :s he is a muslim buy the way i wish all the bad mean for him after the last exams it's wrong and islam does not allow it , but we are human after all and feeling can take us away some times ,
I think physics teachers are to be hated everywhere. Where I went to college, we hated the physics teacher to (:
I agree, there are Christians that do not behave like they should and it sends people the wrong message as there are with Muslims to like Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban etc.
Off topic, when I was in college, a group of Muslim men that I knew (from Egypt) would drink alcohol when we went out. I asked them, Isn't it wrong to drink alcohol in Islam? They said that it was ok to drink alcohol in Islam as long as it is not during Ramadan. Is that correct? (I think they are wrong).

Last edited by Isaysos; 11-28-2009 at 02:53 PM..
 
Old 11-28-2009, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Reputation: 12622
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful man View Post
Isaysos , it's late now i'll get back to replay you soon




i'm Sunni , thanks to Allah
Does this explain your hatred of Iran which is over 90% Shi'a?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top