Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 07:27 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,961 times

Advertisements

can i sell this idea commercially ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 11:48 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
can i sell this idea commercially ?

Old 02-20-2009, 11:55 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,753,485 times
Hey moonsun, would ya travel into next week and get me winning lottery numbers? I think that would be sufficient proof of your claims.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:15 PM

589 posts, read 1,559,661 times
Once I watched a forum discussion and someone asked if time travel is possible...
Stephen Hawking replied: If it is possible... then where are the tourists from the future?

Old 02-20-2009, 12:34 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Hey moonsun, would ya travel into next week and get me winning lottery numbers? I think that would be sufficient proof of your claims.
That's the problem, one can not travel back in time, only forward.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:07 PM

589 posts, read 1,559,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
That's the problem, one can not travel back in time, only forward.
Then where are the tourists from the past?

Old 02-20-2009, 01:22 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Only when you can travel at relativistic speeds can you travel into the future. So in a sense, the train has not left the building, nor has it even been built.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:29 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
I believe time travel is possible, but not the way we have been led to believe. We see the tourists in the form of UFOs and Ghosts, Visions and aberations. But this is just a theory.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:43 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
unfortunately my idea is one way ticket only
once you are in the future i can not bring you back
and i do not think it is possible to go to the past

but you can travel up to 300 years in maximum one day or less (relatively)

i was not serious regarding selling the idea commercially

but my main point is to draw the attention to the scientific hints in the Quran to help the none believers to believe in the book of God and to believe in him and in all his prophets

here is my idea

in the Quran there is a story about a group of people called the people of the cave

they went to cave to hide and rest and they had a dog with them

in the cave they wanted to sleep so they did sleep normally

but God did some thing to their ears and that caused them to sleep for more than 300 years

and during this 300 years and while they were sleeping God maintained their bodies in order to stay normal

and during this 300 years they did not need to eat or drink and they did not wake up

so if we know exactly the way God treated their ears and the maintenance procedures while they were sleeping then we can simulate the same thing

here the verses from the quran

Then We draw (a veil) over their ears, for a number of years, in the Cave, (so that they heard not):
Thou wouldst have seen the sun, when it rose, declining to the right from their Cave, and when it set, turning away from them to the left, while they lay in the open space in the midst of the Cave. Such are among the Signs of Allah. He whom Allah, guides is rightly guided; but he whom Allah leaves to stray,- for him wilt thou find no protector to lead him to the Right Way.

Thou wouldst have deemed them awake, whilst they were asleep, and We turned them on their right and on their left sides: their dog stretching forth his two fore-legs on the threshold: if thou hadst come up on to them, thou wouldst have certainly turned back from them in flight, and wouldst certainly have been filled with terror of them.

Such (being their state), we raised them up (from sleep), that they might question each other. Said one of them, "How long have ye stayed (here)?" They said, "We have stayed (perhaps) a day, or part of a day." (At length) they (all) said, "(Allah) (alone) knows best how long ye have stayed here.... Now send ye then one of you with this money of yours to the town: let him find out which is the best food (to be had) and bring some to you, that (ye may) satisfy your hunger therewith: And let him behave with care and courtesy, and let him not inform any one about you.

So they stayed in their Cave three hundred years, and (some) add nine (more)

Old 02-20-2009, 06:14 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
You mean this whole thread was just an excuse for you to quote from the Quran again? Why don't you just start a Quran thread and leave it at that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam