U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 07:12 AM

169 posts, read 315,009 times

Advertisements

Jazzymom.......

As proof you that the Qur'an is not the Word of God ?

let me know now and Is the Torah and the Gospel are also not the Word of God ?

jmoool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 07:39 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,425,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
Jazzymom.......

jmoool

I don't believe any book is literal... I don't need proofs..... My belief is simply my belief.

But I do think its strange that when the quran takes so much from the Tanakh/Bible then Muslims think they have the only truth... We are all people of the book as your quran says.

This is in your quran

The people of the book be they Sabian, Christian or Jew will have no fear if they believe in God and the last days.

What I see in Islam is a hatred of Jews and Christians although they seem to hate Jews more.

I will give no credit to religions that espouse they have the truth and everyone else is lost and in need of saving when I see that is not necessarily in their holy book.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:29 AM

13,856 posts, read 22,964,539 times
There are many kinds of Muslims. From what I've read Mahmoud Mohamed Taha of Sudan seemed to be an honorable man who died for his opposition to imposing Islamic on non-Muslims and additionally he held a more gender-equal vision of Islam.

Letter from Sudan: The Moderate Martyr : The New Yorker

The Aga Khan seems mostly okay and there are some Sufi orders that seem tolerant. I believe even the more orthodox Nahdlatul Ulama of Indonesia is tolerant to accepting of Jews and others.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:13 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,526,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post

Well, that makes a three-way stalemate, doesn't it? The difference is that I believe what I believe, and I don't make it a point to tell other people that they're wrong. You seem to be taking the other approach.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:57 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,064,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
... We are all people of the book as your quran says.

This is in your quran

The people of the book be they Sabian, Christian or Jew will have no fear if they believe in God and the last days.

Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and does righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. 2:62

The interpretation of the verse is

the Jews who believed and followed prophet moses until the prophet Jesus came.

and if they did not believe and follow Jesus then they are lost.

and the Christians who believed and followed prophet Jesus until prophet Muhammad came (peace be upon them all)

and if they did not believe and follow Muhammad then they are lost.
And Allaah knows best.

the Messenger of Allaah Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

By the One is Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad,
not one of this nation, Jew or Christian, will hear of me
and will die without having believed in that with which I have been sent,
but he will be one of the dwellers of Hell fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam