U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-04-2009, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,057,098 times
Reputation: 8620

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
... and I thought Quran had all the answers! Why did British scientists (probably christian / atheist/ hindu) have to discover this?

PS: Can you show me if it has directions to solve one basic quadratic equation?
What, it doesn't say

X equals negative B plus or minus radical, B squared minus 4ac divided by 2a?

hehehe (say it to row row row your boat)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-04-2009, 06:52 PM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,456,952 times
Reputation: 3945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
What, it doesn't say

X equals negative B plus or minus radical, B squared minus 4ac divided by 2a?

hehehe (say it to row row row your boat)
No...but does it say...SQUIRREL!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2009, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,370,795 times
Reputation: 3735
What about the fate of the dinosaurs? What about the Chixolub meteor impact? What about specifics on DNA? What is"DNA", BTW?

What about the Boson-Higgs particle? What about nuclear fusion? fission? What about the historic events at Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Well?

Details, man, details. Not that ambiguous stuff, like "And Mohammed said "All is Understood my Me!" kind of silliness. Details. Dates. Consequences. Propheses.

Let's have it. Now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2009, 08:13 PM
 
4,172 posts, read 5,991,415 times
Reputation: 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
The Quran has all the answers for any thing in any field.

And there is no animal that walks upon the earth nor a bird that flies with its two wings but (they are) genera like yourselves;
We have not neglected anything in the Book, then to their Lord shall they be gathered. 6:38




yes i can.
You know, drugs are bad for you. Else, please back up your statement.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Aaaaannnnd...???? We're waiting...
..we will be waiting a looooong time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
What, it doesn't say

X equals negative B plus or minus radical, B squared minus 4ac divided by 2a?

hehehe (say it to row row row your boat)
You have obviously read Quran. Anything about solving cubic equations? / (sarcasm off)

Last edited by calmdude; 12-04-2009 at 08:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 10:33 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,038,858 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
What about the fate of the dinosaurs? What about the Chixolub meteor impact? What about specifics on DNA? What is"DNA", BTW?

What about the Boson-Higgs particle? What about nuclear fusion? fission? What about the historic events at Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Well?

Details, man, details. Not that ambiguous stuff, like "And Mohammed said "All is Understood my Me!" kind of silliness. Details. Dates. Consequences. Propheses.

Let's have it. Now.
you frustrated me rifleman
i thought that athiest as you should to think with more rational way

if you consider that the true religion should to contain in it's book the fate of dinosaurs and Chixolub meteor impact , so good luck with your researchs

i hoped if you just say that quran said theses things by the chance or saying that mohammed(pbuh) knew this knowledge from someone and copied it or saying that these things are known by childs , or even giving us proofs that quran is wrong

but to say that quran isn't the word of God because it dosn't tell us the fate of dinosaurs ........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 2,507,852 times
Reputation: 258
" all is understood by ME" I think means: trust the people to bungle up their knowledge some way, but nevertheless the consequence of progress is that sciences will self-realize the truth some way; ironically, the saying that some way we knew these things long ago may mean it is surprising that we can in the end know them true again and again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2009, 11:15 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 21,057,098 times
Reputation: 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
you frustrated me rifleman
i thought that athiest as you should to think with more rational way

if you consider that the true religion should to contain in it's book the fate of dinosaurs and Chixolub meteor impact , so good luck with your researchs

i hoped if you just say that quran said theses things by the chance or saying that mohammed(pbuh) knew this knowledge from someone and copied it or saying that these things are known by childs , or even giving us proofs that quran is wrong

but to say that quran isn't the word of God because it dosn't tell us the fate of dinosaurs ........
The Quran is wrong,

Muhammad was never in Jerusalem, ever, before or after his death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2009, 03:11 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,370,795 times
Reputation: 3735
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
The Quran has all the answers for any thing in any field.

And there is no animal that walks upon the earth nor a bird that flies with its two wings but (they are) genera like yourselves;
We have not neglected anything in the Book, then to their Lord shall they be gathered. 6:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
you frustrated me rifleman
i thought that athiest as you should to think with more rational way

if you consider that the true religion should to contain in it's book the fate of dinosaurs and Chixolub meteor impact , so good luck with your researchs

but to say that quran isn't the word of God because it dosn't tell us the fate of dinosaurs ........
Just questioning moonsun's categorical statement: "yes I can", meaning show us all where, in the Qu'Ran, quadratic equations are explained. Along with everything else!

So, yeah. I expect some detailed answers from an all-knowing prophet who claims to understand it all! After all, you guys typically post Walls of the Qu'Ran as "proof" of god's existence, in intimate detail.

The Christians claim that some very ambiguous sentences in the bible "prove" that dinos co-existed with man. moonsun tells us the Qu'Ran tells it all, in detail..

Why, then, would Mohammed ignore tens of thousands of roaming dinosaurs, or mention how they disappeared, or fail to notice an massive meteor impact, like that in the Gulf of Mexico?

Or the Yellowstone Caldera's formation, which pretty much blew a massive hole in the middle of the north American Continent?

(Why? I'll tell you; because all of these things happened millions, or hundreds of thousands, of years before man was documenting anything, and since he couldn't have imagined dinosaurs or ecologically catastrophic events, he left them out of all ancient mythologies.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2009, 03:52 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,038,858 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Why, then, would Mohammed ignore tens of thousands of roaming dinosaurs, or mention how they disappeared, or fail to notice an massive meteor impact, like that in the Gulf of Mexico?

Or the Yellowstone Caldera's formation, which pretty much blew a massive hole in the middle of the north American Continent?

(Why? I'll tell you; because all of these things happened millions, or hundreds of thousands, of years before man was documenting anything, and since he couldn't have imagined dinosaurs or ecologically catastrophic events, he left them out of all ancient mythologies.)
so you wanna to say that may be mohammed (pbuh) didn't know about all of these things because it happened before man was documenting anything !!!

well , may be . ( anyway i don't believe that mohammed (pbuh) knows every thing either

but what about this verse
"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? and We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe? (The Noble Quran, 21:30)"

big bang happened before man was documenting anything either , right ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2009, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,370,795 times
Reputation: 3735
Hey... every dogmatic mythic religion, in it's open intent to control the highest number of converts and acolytes, has to invent some sort of Creation theory, now don't they? But if they ventured into the unknown, as science is willing to do, they'd certainly lose all credibility, now wouldn't they?

The era of big religion, as dominated by a select few living well, and of millions of peons falling to their knees in hopeful supplication, is falling from grace. Except in cultures where education is strictly controlled, as in Iran, Iraq, Egypt, etc. And where womens' roles in administering the country is also brutally suppressed. Women beaten for being raped? or stoned to death for "cheating", but a cheating husband is, essentially, patted on the back and applauded? Outrageous, but diagnostic.

where does this sort of ancient-think run rampant? Well, you know; the Muslim countries.

Their predominant jihadist mentality is only sustainable through brute force and the suppression of open thinking.

So, predictably, we have beliefs in outlandish and impossible events, such as the OP .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top