U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 11:03 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,064,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Aaaaannnnd...???? We're waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
You know, drugs are bad for you. Else, please back up your statement.

..we will be waiting a looooong time.
)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
What about the fate of the dinosaurs? What about the Chixolub meteor impact? What about specifics on DNA? What is"DNA", BTW?

What about the Boson-Higgs particle? What about nuclear fusion? fission? What about the historic events at Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Well?

Details, man, details. Not that ambiguous stuff, like "And Mohammed said "All is Understood my Me!" kind of silliness. Details. Dates. Consequences. Propheses.

Let's have it. Now.

here is the answer from the Quran
"So ask the people of the Reminder if you do not know" 21:43
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 11:58 AM

4,172 posts, read 5,993,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
What, it doesn't say

X equals negative B plus or minus radical, B squared minus 4ac divided by 2a?

hehehe (say it to row row row your boat)
Above -sans the enjoyable boat ride - is the real answer .........

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
.........and the red part is yours', supposedly from Quran. I can clearly see how they are identical. Do this in a math class and you will be swiftly tossed out.

By not backing up statements you make, you are actually doing a disservice to the religion and the book you so admire. Do you think Quran is backward and that is why you are trying to "prove" it has ALL the answers - including science, maths, geology, etc etc? I see many Youtube videos with a similar approach (citing science to show how superior Quran is), which is futile. Suggestion - focus on the philosophical issues that Quran can shed light on, and not on equations.

Another question - if Quran had all the answers, why is it not the ONLY book being taught in all Islamic nations. Why have books in science, arts, maths, etc etc....

Last edited by calmdude; 12-06-2009 at 12:17 PM..

Old 12-06-2009, 12:28 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,039,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Hey... every dogmatic mythic religion, in it's open intent to control the highest number of converts and acolytes, has to invent some sort of Creation theory, now don't they? But if they ventured into the unknown, as science is willing to do, they'd certainly lose all credibility, now wouldn't they?

The era of big religion, as dominated by a select few living well, and of millions of peons falling to their knees in hopeful supplication, is falling from grace. Except in cultures where education is strictly controlled, as in Iran, Iraq, Egypt, etc. And where womens' roles in administering the country is also brutally suppressed. Women beaten for being raped? or stoned to death for "cheating", but a cheating husband is, essentially, patted on the back and applauded? Outrageous, but diagnostic.

where does this sort of ancient-think run rampant? Well, you know; the Muslim countries.

Their predominant jihadist mentality is only sustainable through brute force and the suppression of open thinking.

So, predictably, we have beliefs in outlandish and impossible events, such as the OP .
wow , we started a discussion by exchange our thoughts regarding the knowlege in the quran , now you divert the discussion by talking about jihad and women beaten in islam ..........

what can i understand form this reaction ?

Old 12-06-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Above -sans the enjoyable boat ride - is the real answer .........

.........and the red part is yours', supposedly from Quran. I can clearly see how they are identical. Do this in a math class and you will be swiftly tossed out.

By not backing up statements you make, you are actually doing a disservice to the religion and the book you so admire. Do you think Quran is backward and that is why you are trying to "prove" it has ALL the answers - including science, maths, geology, etc etc? I see many Youtube videos with a similar approach (citing science to show how superior Quran is), which is futile. Suggestion - focus on the philosophical issues that Quran can shed light on, and not on equations.

Another question - if Quran had all the answers, why is it not the ONLY book being taught in all Islamic nations. Why have books in science, arts, maths, etc etc....

The Quran guided you about what to do .

and the Quran is a book of guidance and not a book of science but it does have scientific signs and the main purpose to highlight these signs is to help you believe that the Quran is the word of Allah.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:46 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,039,634 times
Quote:
when someone says about a book , that it had all the answers . it dosn't mean for me that i can search in it to find the phone numbers of my friends

so that , by logic i will ask first which kind of questions which this book have all the answers about , right ?

quran is a relegious book not scientific one , it's just have some indications and some PARABLE related to science

(from our views )it have all the answers for those who seek the relegious guidence not for those who can't solve their complex mathematical equations

Old 12-06-2009, 12:58 PM

16,300 posts, read 24,969,718 times
You guys realize the OP is just proselytizing muslim'ism here. They are not debating, discussing, just laying down the propaganda of muslims as bait and never returning.

They have 10 posts total right now, and of that 10, 9 are where they started a thread about muslim belief.

Call it what you want, but it is just SPAM.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
when someone says about a book , that it had all the answers . it dosn't mean for me that i can search in it to find the phone numbers of my friends

so that , by logic i will ask first which kind of questions which this book have all the answers about , right ?

quran is a relegious book not scientific one , it's just have some indications and some PARABLE related to science

(from our views )it have all the answers for those who seek the relegious guidence not for those who can't solve their complex mathematical equations
I have no issues with your approach. The issue I had was with moonsun who I had asked (tongue in cheek) if Quran had all the answers (as claimed) then let us start by showing me the solution to a quadratic equation in Quran. The surprising answer was:

Quote:

yes i can.
Things went downhill from there. Sometimes, the people who are simply preaching without any thought run into these problems and end up being the worst representatives of what they are seeking to uphold.

Quote:
The Quran guided you about what to do .

and the Quran is a book of guidance and not a book of science but it does have scientific signs and the main purpose to highlight these signs is to help you believe that the Quran is the word of Allah.
No - read your own posts earlier in this thread - that is not what you claimed before. A lot of people were anxiously waiting for the magic formula you claimed Quran had......

Last edited by calmdude; 12-06-2009 at 04:43 PM..

Old 12-06-2009, 11:00 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,986,990 times
Quote:
That is the best you can do in answering the detailed questions which others have asked you? Totally inadequate.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
I have no issues with your approach. The issue I had was with moonsun who I had asked (tongue in cheek) if Quran had all the answers (as claimed) then let us start by showing me the solution to a quadratic equation in Quran. The surprising answer was:

Things went downhill from there. Sometimes, the people who are simply preaching without any thought run into these problems and end up being the worst representatives of what they are seeking to uphold.

No - read your own posts earlier in this thread - that is not what you claimed before. A lot of people were anxiously waiting for the magic formula you claimed Quran had......
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
That is the best you can do in answering the detailed questions which others have asked you? Totally inadequate.

be fair and practical

the question was
Can you show me if it has directions to solve one basic quadratic equation?

so i gave him the direction from the Quran .

the Quran directed you to ask those who hav the knowledge and they will give the answer in details .

and the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
The remedy for not knowing is asking.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:32 AM

Quote:
be fair and practical

the question was
Can you show me if it has directions to solve one basic quadratic equation?

so i gave him the direction from the Quran .

the Quran directed you to ask those who hav the knowledge and they will give the answer in details .

and the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“ The remedy for not knowing is asking.”
No, there is nothing fair and practical. Apparently, after a pause of a couple of days in which you were probably wondering how to back up your brave words, you are now spinning things furiously now that you do not have any answer.

By your logic, if I had a book with 1 line and 4 words - "ask people who know", it would be a masterpiece. It would lead you to solve all the questions one can ever have. What a cop out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam