U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:24 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,377,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
wow , we started a discussion by exchange our thoughts regarding the knowlege in the quran , now you divert the discussion by talking about jihad and women beaten in islam ..........

what can i understand from this reaction ?
Well, it's because this entire thread has wandered all over the place intellectually. The point I was making, and will continue to make, is that an entire culture is hanging on every word of your Qu'Ran, and you guys all make it clear that it has ALL the answers.

And yet, when asked for an example, you either disappear for a while, and then come back with an empty Qu'Rannic script quote as... (with apologies to Meredith...):

"Is that your final answer?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
The Quran guided you about what to do .

Not me. In the decades of my own scientific research work, I never once looked into a Qu'Ran. Actually, I never knew it even existed back then, which left my mind uncluttered by the mandates and strictures in any orchestrated, managed, disciplinary dogmo-religion. That, and my denouncement of Christianity, is why I was able to advance science, with over 15 published documents to my credit.

..and the Quran is a book of guidance and not a book of science but it does have scientific signs and the main purpose to highlight these signs is to help you believe that the Quran is the word of Allah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
when someone says about a book , that it had all the answers . it dosn't mean for me that i can search in it to find the phone numbers of my friends

No, but you should be able to provide us with just one or two fine detailed examples of a scientific statement, the results of Muhammad's personal research studies. Just one.

(apologies for my past mis-spelling of his holy name, BTW...)

so that , by logic i will ask first which kind of questions which this book have all the answers about , right ?

Qu'Ran is a religious book not scientific one , it's just have some indications and some PARABLE related to science

(from our views )it have all the answers for those who seek the relegious guidence not for those who can't solve their complex mathematical equations
Fine. Good, honest answer, much better than the arrogant Christians profess. But then, if it's nothing but a "guidance parable" to manage, let's say, our pursuit of knowledge of room temperature nuclear fusion reactions, what does it really say?

"Study hard, and you shall be guided by the hand of Allah, and you shall come to the right answer!"

Well goody then. That's the best it can do, essentially? (If he didn't say those exact words, then I'm going to claim them as my own, in my new soon-to-be-best-seller: "The Truth According To RifleMan"

All fall and supplicate to the new Scientific Master!
)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You guys realize the OP is just proselytizing muslim'ism here. They are not debating, discussing, just laying down the propaganda of muslims as bait and never returning.

They have 10 posts total right now, and of that 10, 9 are where they started a thread about muslim belief.

Call it what you want, but it is just SPAM.
My point as well. Meantime, in their supreme perfection, they continue to publicly beat innocent women. Where is that little parable written again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
That is the best you can do in answering the detailed questions which others have asked you? Totally inadequate.
Good call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
No, there is nothing fair and practical. Apparently, after a pause of a couple of days in which you were probably wondering how to back up your brave words, you are now spinning things furiously now that you do not have any answer.

By your logic, if I had a book with 1 line and 4 words - "ask people who know", it would be a masterpiece. It would lead you to solve all the questions one can ever have. What a cop out!
Right on, calmdude. BTW, how do you stay so calm in the face of this "spammage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Oh, for the love of.... ah hell, never mind!
Perhaps this should have been the title? Yeah; I think I'll title this post...

Last edited by rifleman; 12-07-2009 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: typoz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 02:19 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,040,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Well, it's because this entire thread has wandered all over the place intellectually. The point I was making, and will continue to make, is that an entire culture is hanging on every word of your Qu'Ran, and you guys all make it clear that it has ALL the answers.

i agree with you in that our islamic culture is hanging on every word of our quran , yet i can't understand your problem with that
should we separate it from our beliefs , should we hanging around our own desire then claiming that we believe that quran is the words of God ?
do you wanna from us to contradict ourselfs

please clarify your point , i'm confused a little and may be i misunderstood you

Quote:
And yet, when asked for an example, you either disappear for a while, and then come back with an empty Qu'Rannic script quote as... (with apologies to Meredith...):

"Is that your final answer?"
are you mean me personally ? if yes , then tell me which example you asked me about and i disappeared ?

Quote:
Fine. Good, honest answer, much better than the arrogant Christians profess. But then, if it's nothing but a "guidance parable" to manage, let's say, our pursuit of knowledge of room temperature nuclear fusion reactions, what does it really say?

"Study hard, and you shall be guided by the hand of Allah, and you shall come to the right answer!"

Well goody then. That's the best it can do, essentially? (If he didn't say those exact words, then I'm going to claim them as my own, in my new soon-to-be-best-seller: "The Truth According To RifleMan"

All fall and supplicate to the new Scientific Master!
)

it's not what i'm saying .
the quran is allready written , if you wanna to test it , then you have to test the information which allready exist within it , not to asking us to find for you specific knowledge you asking about

are you understand what i mean ?

the quran is written book , not an internet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam