U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-16-2009, 06:28 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,038,493 times
Reputation: 161

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaFan View Post
When I was in the Army day in and day out all we would hear was "Terrorist's want to destroy america" but more often than not it was "Muslims want to destroy america and it's allies" We would hear this "Indoctronation" everyday all day long "Terrorist's this, Musims that" Some went as far as to say "That the sword was their heritage and that the muslims all hate israel and america" Some soldiers who were muslim had to hide the fact that they where muslim out of fear of being "singled out" some were made fun of, others even got beat up. But, I always wondered WHY? Why are terrorists "Muslim"? Why the synonamousness (spelling?) I've read the koran cover to cover and Islam is a religion of peace. What is it that the clerics use to indoctronate good Muslims into terrorists? I was in Iraq and can tell you that the good people far outnumber the bad. Where does it all come from? Please explain this to me.
i read something may be can reply to your question .

"the US needs some one now, as it has needed in the past, to position as an "evil other" in opposition to its good self. The "evil other" in history has taken on many names and shapes, from despots, to pirates, to bandits, to terrorists.
In Western civilization, which is ferociously dichotomous, there is a necessity to define through opposition, and therefore a "terrorist" or some other nefarious character -- real or imagined -- is actually necessary for the maintenance of a western self image. You can trace this back to the crusades, in fact, and carry it on through the enlightenment, the age of imperialism, and into the 20th century.
In this framework, Muslims are not "singled out" out as terrorists, since other peoples at other times have suffered the same labeling, which always serves the power interest of the time. During the 1980s, the "terrorists" were nationalists of various stripes, including the African National Congress and its "terrorist" leader Nelson Mandela, about which Bishop Desmond Tutu lamented: "We have wondered why it was that Dr. Savimbi's Unita in Angola and the Contras in Nicaragua were 'freedom fighters', lionized especially by President Reagan's White House and the conservative right wing of the United States of America, whereas our liberation movements such as the Pan-African Congress were invariably castigated as 'terrorist movements.'" At the same time, the question can be asked as to why people so readily accept an image of the Muslim terrorists, which has a lot to do with the legacy of the Crusades in the Christian west, decades of anti-Arab and anti-Muslim propaganda in America, and general simplemindedness of most public discourse on such topics."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-16-2009, 08:31 AM
 
40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Reputation: 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
At the same time, the question can be asked as to why people so readily accept an image of the Muslim terrorists, which has a lot to do with the legacy of the Crusades in the Christian west, decades of anti-Arab and anti-Muslim propaganda in America, and general simplemindedness of most public discourse on such topics."
OR . . . it could be the obvious fact that it takes an unbelievable amount of fanatic belief to suicide in the name of a religion and kill innocents . . . yet there are so many of them being bred in the madrassas . . . which indicates a very low level of intellectual and spiritual development and a primitive barbarous mindset built in to the religion itself.

TODAY's most dangerous Christians are trying to stop abortions by killing the doctors . . . not themselves. Still fanatic, still barbarous . . . but with very different motivation and implications for society. The simple truth continuously ignored by apologists for Islam is that AS LONG AS Israel EXISTS . . . Allah commands Muslims under jihad (Dar al-Harb) to deceive the infidels. All the pretty verses about protecting innocents, etc. only apply to those under Islamic RULE (or temporary TRUCE). They do not apply to Israel and anyone who supports Israel because they are NOT considered innocent and can be killed by these fanatics being bred by this religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2009, 08:50 AM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 2,038,493 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
TODAY's most dangerous Christians are trying to stop abortions by killing the doctors . . . not themselves. Still fanatic, still barbarous . . . but with very different motivation and implications for society. The simple truth continuously ignored by apologists for Islam is that AS LONG AS Israel EXISTS . . . Allah commands Muslims under jihad (Dar al-Harb) to deceive the infidels. All the pretty verses about protecting innocents, etc. only apply to those under Islamic RULE (or temporary TRUCE). They do not apply to Israel and anyone who supports Israel because they are NOT considered innocent and can be killed by these fanatics being bred by this religion.
so , are you wanna to say that as long as israil exist , muslims can kill any innocent citizens in the world ?
is that the simple truth which you claim that we ignore ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2009, 08:53 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,424,051 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bag-Of-Hammers View Post
Christianity was NEVER like Islam. There were those that, like Muhammad, took God's name in vain (Which means using God as an excuse for doing evil), but, unlike Muhammad, did it under under the guise of Christianity. Muhammad's mask was that of a prophet.

You need to brush up on your Christian history.... Christian extremists with the blessing of the Christian Church were every bit as violent and barbaric as Muslim extremists today.....:thin k:


Crusades
Inquisition

You need to go to the library and get a history book and read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2009, 09:19 AM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,424,051 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
OR . . . it could be the obvious fact that it takes an unbelievable amount of fanatic belief to suicide in the name of a religion and kill innocents . . . yet there are so many of them being bred in the madrassas . . . which indicates a very low level of intellectual and spiritual development and a primitive barbarous mindset built in to the religion itself.

TODAY's most dangerous Christians are trying to stop abortions by killing the doctors . . . not themselves. Still fanatic, still barbarous . . . but with very different motivation and implications for society. The simple truth continuously ignored by apologists for Islam is that AS LONG AS Israel EXISTS . . . Allah commands Muslims under jihad (Dar al-Harb) to deceive the infidels. All the pretty verses about protecting innocents, etc. only apply to those under Islamic RULE (or temporary TRUCE). They do not apply to Israel and anyone who supports Israel because they are NOT considered innocent and can be killed by these fanatics being bred by this religion.

Madrassas would be history if countries like Pakistan would provide public education for all its citizens. Most of those being educated in madrassas have no other access to education. The fanatics are being bred by poverty, lack of good education and governments who care more about staying in power then the masses.

So are you saying that because those against abortions who shoot the doctors are some how ok because there are different implications for society.... What about those who bomb the clinics? If Christians can shoot people and bomb clinics they are no better then the muslims who kill through others through suicide bombings.

People who stand up are not standing up for Islam but for the need to have balance... Not all Muslims are terrorists. Jihad means a struggle and that struggle is not always violent.

The Islamic world sees all occupation of all Muslim lands by non-muslims as problematic. American bases in Saudia Arabia, Americans in Afganistan, Iraq, Pakistan, we are seen as the meddlers of the world.

The attitude of the Islamic world was made worse by president Bush whom they saw as a crusader and who was at war with the Islamic world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2009, 09:49 AM
 
40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Reputation: 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
So are you saying that because those against abortions who shoot the doctors are some how ok because there are different implications for society.... What about those who bomb the clinics? If Christians can shoot people and bomb clinics they are no better then the muslims who kill through others through suicide bombings.
I correctly characterized these acts as barbarous and inexcusble . . . But Christianity does NOT teach it nor condone it . . as Islam does for the jihadis. There is no comparison. Only a blind Cristian hater would see ANY resemblance between modern day Christianity and today's Islam. Islam is a barbaric and societally unacceptable religious totalitarianism with only deception and pretense at tolerance (temporary truces) until they can dominate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2009, 10:50 PM
 
Location: New Haven, CT
179 posts, read 264,975 times
Reputation: 39
I must say that when I was in Iraq most people where good and kind. Some hated, thats right, hated the terrorists as they don't just kill non-muslims they kill all who oppose their jihad. One woman had her husband and son murdered, they were dragged outside in the middle of the day and beheaded their heads placed upon their lifeless corpses, (I saw them myself) along with a sign in arabic that read "this is the fate of those who aid the infadel's, he who attemps to move these bodies shall suffer the same fate!" Yes, they were killed because a day before they told us that a house down the street was stockpiling IED's. They were good people, the wife/mother was histerical she told us that the terrorists were the real infadels not us. But, we must understand that this is something passed from father to son and not necessarily from imam to worshipper. As many of the insurgents were boys no older than 13 at times the boy who shot me was but 10 years old!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:50 PM
 
Location: part of the Matrix--for now!
1,030 posts, read 1,177,255 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The stumbling block is the complete lack of a compromise position in Islam from which to establish tolerance for diversity. There isn't any in their raison d'etre.. The Islamic definition of tolerance is dhimmitude under ISLAMIC RULE . . . everything else is a temporary TRUCE state. They are very PATIENT and they view us as an INFANT culture and society compared to theirs.They truly do expect the whole world to eventually be under Islamic rule. They are in no hurry. So which, exactly, are the non-extremists??
1.5 billion Muslims in the world living peacefully with their neighbors basically explodes the argument from this post. If you don't like Muslims then just come out and say that you don't like Muslims, but don't engage in nonsensical anti-Muslim propaganda to fuel your desire for warfare against the religion of Islam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2009, 11:56 PM
 
Location: part of the Matrix--for now!
1,030 posts, read 1,177,255 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Christianity was like that for almost 500 years, I wonder if islam can reform itself, just a little faster...
Islam does not need any reform, it fine without it. Are you not aware that it was Islamic civilization that gave birth to the Enlightenment? The values and ideas of the Enlightenment are completely and totally predicated upon Islamic values and worldviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2009, 12:05 AM
 
40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times
Reputation: 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
1.5 billion Muslims in the world living peacefully with their neighbors basically explodes the argument from this post. If you don't like Muslims then just come out and say that you don't like Muslims, but don't engage in nonsensical anti-Muslim propaganda to fuel your desire for warfare against the religion of Islam.
I have no animus toward individual Muslims . . . each human being must earn my animus by direct action. However, the religion itself in its un-evolved and unevolving state (It has not changed its worldly conquest aspects since the defeat at Tours.) is barbaric and unenlightened. As long as the State of Israel EXISTS on what they consider Allah's land . . . they are in perpetual jihad (Dar al-Harb) that obligates every Muslim to deceive the infidels (all non-Muslims) and support the efforts of the jihadis (for which they get special credit with Allah). Any peaceful living is under a "truce" state until circumstances favor altering the truce. I'm sorry . . . but until this barbaric and unevolved religion changes its goals and tactics . . . it is a threat to ALL humanity and free people everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top