U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 02:05 PM

40,039 posts, read 26,720,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post
Quote:
What do you find abhorrent about "dhimmitude" as you put it?

Generally, the jizya is common to all non-Muslims who [are outside of or] do not accept, the ideology of the Islamic state [Way of Life]. Jizya is referring to the guaranteed rights [and privileges] of the dhimmi, which are protected by the Islamic government. How might it be compared to lack of freedom, or second-class status in society; re: slavery, there is no comparison that I can see, perhaps you care to elaborate.
Let's see . . . the dhimmis have to PAY to have the government enforce and protect a second-class set of rights and privileges that differ from those automatically enjoyed by the real first-class Muslim people. I guess your right . . . I don't see a problem.
Quote:
And, are you currently in the military, discharged from the military, intending to join the military??? And how little must the adequate tweaking be to get things in proper balance.
Very little. Government has no business enforcing ANY religious rules. If God needs humans to punish or enforce His rules . . . He is no God. If God needs humans to force others to believe in Him . . . He is no God. Free humans are free to choose how to behave and let God deal with them. (My military status is none of your business).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 02:14 PM

595 posts, read 739,489 times
It's very difficult to profile extremists although it's presumed you mean Islamic radicals. Not being a radical Islamic myself I don't want to shed any fault for extremists on true Islamics who are great
men women and children. I believe though that the extremist are an outgrowth of factors beyond
radical religious idologies. Extremists are in some cases thugs who have a hatred for the perceived
wealthy Western culture as they perceive themselves as disinfranchised,uneducated and basic ghetto trash. Many have radicalized parents who abused them in childhood creating a pattern
of pathological behavior angst and desperation. Additonally, their are simple mercenaries who
can be paid for their exteme activity (toss in Wranglers,DVD's,watches,cell phones,car or apart-
ment they will be as extreme as you want). Now here is the bad boy/girl . The boy radical has
been nurtured since 3 years old to me a militant by militant family members. They are brain washed,
cultish ,have warped idiologies and fantacies that Allah (arabic for God) will bless them to be a radical, ethnic cleanser, and even a human bomb (yeah that's what God had in His Plan!........not)
The girls already considered crap by their (control freaked out) manly men are so distraught that they are to marry some radical goofey islamic . Pressured to prove their alliance to Allah and their
crazy family blows herself up along with a few school kids and a guy selling oranges. It has nothing
to do about Allah and everything to do with Satan.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:51 AM

352 posts, read 308,035 times
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim: In the Name of The Only GOD, The Very Merciful, The All Merciful. Peace, everyone.

quote:
Generally, the jizya is common to all non-Muslims who [are outside of or] do not accept, the ideology of the Islamic state [Way of Life]. Jizya is referring to the guaranteed rights [and privileges] of the dhimmi, which are protected by the Islamic government. How might it be compared to lack of freedom, or second-class status in society; re: slavery, there is no comparison that I can see, perhaps you care to elaborate.

Quote:
Let's see . . . the dhimmis have to PAY to have the government enforce and protect a second-class set of rights and privileges that differ from those automatically enjoyed by the real first-class Muslim people. I guess your right . . . I don't see a problem.
In other words you would seriously consider entering the Islamic Way of Life.

Quote:
And, are you currently in the military, discharged from the military, intending to join the military??? And how little must the adequate tweaking be to get things in proper balance.

Quote:
Very little. Government has no business enforcing ANY religious rules. If God needs humans to punish or enforce His rules . . . He is no God. If God needs humans to force others to believe in Him . . . He is no God. Free humans are free to choose how to behave and let God deal with them.
The Only GOD has in place in HIS creation self-executing Laws, violation of which return equitable penalties. But you and those who think as you do kid yourselves in thinking that murderers, rapists, robbers, should be allowed to 'go along their merry way,' under the governance of Islam.

Quote:
(My military status is none of your business).
Perhaps, but you've stated: "one I am still willing to die for..." How do you intend to die for the current government/rule?

And, will you plan suicide rather than join forces with the "first-class Muslim people?"

Peace. devotee

Old 12-19-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post
In other words you would seriously consider entering the Islamic Way of Life.
I guess you missed the sarcasm smiley . . . or maybe you don't understand sarcasm.
Quote:
The Only GOD has in place in HIS creation self-executing Laws, violation of which return equitable penalties. But you and those who think as you do kid yourselves in thinking that murderers, rapists, robbers, should be allowed to 'go along their merry way,' under the governance of Islam.
We have similar secular laws for those obvious crimes against others. It is your apostasy and adultery and similar religious nonsense that should NOT have secular laws or punishments for them since they are against YOUR version of God . . . and that is His business NOT secular society's.
Quote:
Perhaps, but you've stated: "one I am still willing to die for..." How do you intend to die for the current government/rule?
I would take out any Muslim intent on terrorism against ANY innocent people even at the cost of my own life . . . if it were in my power to do so. What better way to speed him along to his Allah.
Quote:
And, will you plan suicide rather than join forces with the "first-class Muslim people?"
No suicide since that is against God's desires . . . but I sure would take out any fanatic ignorant Muslim planning to exercise his ignorance and fanaticism on innocent men, women and children. Islam has the core of Christianity within it (which Muhammad stole and corrupted) . . . it is the evil, satanic corruptions and barbarity of Muhammad in his desire for conquest and worldly power that makes it a dangerous, primitive and barbaric religion. There is nothing "first class" about Muhammad . . the anti-Christ.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:31 PM

179 posts, read 264,975 times
@MysticPhD...Yes, I must agree Muhammed is the false prophet and the anti-christ his way is the way of war and enslavement. However we must keep in mind that though islam may be bad not all who practice it are bad, some are kind hard working people, some even served alongside me in Iraq. I do agree that terrorism is the way of muhammed and his moon god, but, it is not the way of all muslim people. However, I diagree with there being any christianity in the "core" of islam. I personally feel that islam has more judaism at it's "core" than christianity.

Last edited by PersonaFan; 12-19-2009 at 11:12 PM..

Old 12-20-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaFan View Post
@MysticPhD...Yes, I must agree Muhammed is the false prophet and the anti-christ his way is the way of war and enslavement. However we must keep in mind that though islam may be bad not all who practice it are bad, some are kind hard working people, some even served alongside me in Iraq. I do agree that terrorism is the way of muhammed and his moon god, but, it is not the way of all muslim people.
I agree with you.
Quote:
However, I diagree with there being any christianity in the "core" of islam. I personally feel that islam has more judaism at it's "core" than christianity.
You will find Christ's beatitudes in Islam . . they are NOT judaic.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I agree with you. You will find Christ's beatitudes in Islam . . they are NOT judaic.
I don't know...Not eating any pork, letting your beard grow, men covering the back of their heads with a kufi (not a kipaa of course but still the samething), One god no trinity,no christ as savior, eye for an eye, prayer on saturdays, all sounds pretty judaic to me. some synagogues even leave space open for muslims to pray. Plus the way muslims pray is exactly how jews prayed in the past they even used to sacrifice lambs just as the jews did. So islam has christian in it how? the only similarity I see is in the belief of how the end times will come and play out. The rest is quite judaic indeed.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaFan View Post
I don't know...Not eating any pork, letting your beard grow, men covering the back of their heads with a kufi (not a kipaa of course but still the samething), One god no trinity,no christ as savior, eye for an eye, prayer on saturdays, all sounds pretty judaic to me. some synagogues even leave space open for muslims to pray. Plus the way muslims pray is exactly how jews prayed in the past they even used to sacrifice lambs just as the jews did. So islam has christian in it how? the only similarity I see is in the belief of how the end times will come and play out. The rest is quite judaic indeed.
I do not disagree, Persona . . . I merely acknowledge that they co-opted Jesus's beatitudes and try to point to those as the peaceful principles of the religion of Islam as COVER for the more primitive or barbaric (and Judaic) beliefs.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I do not disagree, Persona . . . I merely acknowledge that they co-opted Jesus's beatitudes and try to point to those as the peaceful principles of the religion of Islam as COVER for the more primitive or barbaric (and Judaic) beliefs.
Oh ok now I see what you mean, I agree they do use jesus as "cover" definitely.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:57 PM

118 posts, read 165,009 times
Quote:
I agree with you. You will find Christ's beatitudes in Islam . . they are NOT judaic.

His "beautitudes" are part of the facade. Muhammad's Koran is in a kind of reply to both religions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or