U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 10:58 PM

731 posts, read 678,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You know this how? Are you Taliban?...The video records just one of thousands of incidents...You are defending the indefensible...In the Taliban world women are nothing but property, and can be beat upon by men for next to nothing...

Women were forced to wear the burqa in public, because, according to a Taliban spokesman, "the face of a woman is a source of corruption" for men not related to them. They were not allowed to work, they were not allowed to be educated after the age of eight, and until then were permitted only to study the Qur'an. Women seeking an education were forced to attend underground schools, where they and their teachers risked execution if caught. They were not allowed to be treated by male doctors unless accompanied by a male chaperone, which led to illnesses remaining untreated. They faced public flogging and execution for violations of the Taliban's laws. The Taliban allowed and in some cases encouraged marriage for girls under the age of 16. Amnesty International reported that 80 percent of Afghan marriages were considered to be by force.
Schools were established for both males and females but segregated and i dont know what the west was whining for, women were allowed to go out by themselves, When the Taliban ordered that there should be segregated schools, it did not mean that they don't want their women to be educated. It is true that they were against co-education; but it is not true that they were against women's education, they reopened the faculty of Science of medical science in all major cities of Afghanistan and in Kandahar. There were more girls students studying in the faculty of medical sciences than boys, but they are segregated. And the Swedish committees established schools for girls.

General Hamid who had lived for some years under the Taliban, said:

"There was never a campaign directed at allowing the beating of women and there was no prohibition for women to pursue education. There was only restriction on mixed-gender education."

There are so many fabrications on "respected" websites in the internet about the "suffering" of Afghan women, while at the same time there isn't any mention of date, name, location or any other data that could be verified. Hamid Gul said that he always noticed there were more women than men in the streets or in the markets during the Taliban era. The Afghan who protested in the west were those who originated from the Khalq and Parcham factions who were Communists. They were not representatives of the majority of the Afghan society.

The Taliban had to keep an eye on these communist women with an extra tight measure to ensure they would not cause any discord or troubles. Women only have to wear the burqa in the streets, whereas at home they are free to wear any dress they like. Munur, a nurse said: "women in the hospitals seldom wears the burqa and even the jilbab when there are no men in there."

Women were treated by female patients, the media tried to make the Taliban look really bad but in reality it was the opposite, women were allowed to get educated, work, study, but it was segregated thats all.

Life expectancy was high for both genders under Taliban, literacy rate was 31% now its 28%, Afghanistan had good security, curbed corruption, cut the drug trade by 91-97% in a year and a half, they were strict on drug users, everyone got treated equally, unemployment rate was 8%, women could go out without getting raped or even harrased, Sikhs and hindus had a better life under the Taliban, Today Afghanistan is in a better condition than before 1996 is because of the Taliban, Afghanistan was formerly fragmented into five parts but the Taliban unified it when nobody else could do it, if it wasn't for the Taliban the situation in Afghanistan would be similar to Somalia or worse, they disarmed almost all Afghans, The sad thing about this war is most people in the west think that these Afghans have their freedoms but what happens in that country is the opposite of what you guys think, there is still no HUMAN RIGHTS!! in Afghanistan, overall life was better under Taliban.

Look at how much the media was lying about them, and they were getting pressured from the international communities for lies but they still succeeded and overcame the sanctions that faced its people and improved Afghanistan as a country, they unified it.

During the pre-Taliban era, there were only 350 beds for women in the hospitals across Kabul . In August 2001, there were 950 beds in the hospitals which were specific for women only. Some of the hospitals that were exclusive for women were Rabia Balkhi Hospital , The Red Crescent of Kuwait Health Center and The Health Clinic for Infectious Disease! There were also 32 clinics for women and children.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 11:02 PM

595 posts, read 740,354 times
Terrorism has little to do with Islam since those involved are only associated with Islam by title only
and not by faith. Allah (arabic for the God of Abraham) is not glorified nor pleased by these loose
cannons. The profile of a terrorist is a mixed bag. Many are disinfranchised,poorly educated,poorly
trained,grew up abused by zealot parents who themselves were brainwashed into paganism),some
are rich brats who are desparate for an idology to make sense of their meaningless lives or a young woman attempting to escape from the discrimination,low self esteme,arranged marriges to some goofey geek or pehaps when the smoke clears have sincere albeit warped religious convictions
hyped by clerics that are in themselves misfits. Terrorism is just a misguided application to mis-
informed teaching leading to hatred,pathological behavior,desparate outcries after a feeling of
being wronged by God knows what and a need to belong to an entity (let me see soccer or
nitro hmmmm) Hey join our team and blow up the infidels........please get a life.

Last edited by DASULAR17; 12-28-2009 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: Improve format

Old 12-28-2009, 11:07 PM

118 posts, read 165,117 times
Muhammad was a liar, thief, mass murderer, rapist and a pedophile. He lied about who Jesus is and what happened to him in order to gain the love of the world and force them to worshop him in the place of the one true God. Islamic terrorists are NOT an abberation! They are influenced GREATLY by Muhammad. THey are the hands of Muhammad.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:10 PM

15,891 posts, read 15,310,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
You have to know the truth, stop listening to the media.

I have this Afghani friend who lived under the Taliban and she told me how life was better off under them than it is now, because they brought security and curbed corruption, she told me about how a lot Afghans today prefer to have the Taliban back in control and i would believe this girl more than i would believe a group of soldiers who know nothing about Afghanistan, just go there believing the lies they hear on TV.

You guys talk about burqa as if this was something new to the Afghans, this is their culture people, you people need to get educated, you cant really change it anytime soon, Afghans want their women to wear burqa, the women feel comfortable with these burqas, the burqa protects women from getting raped nowadays why women wear it, the Afghans laugh at how you guys think a burqa is something bad, and this would not change today or tommorow. When the westerners used to be religious ad backward, did anyone invade their countries to change the way they live? No, but they changed throught the years.

So you think women had rights before the Taliban came to power? You must be kidding me man, the mujahidin groups treated women worse than animals, for four ****ing years these women were not respected by these groups, they raped a lot of women, they even raped 70 year olds, they forced women out of their houses, sometimes they married them by force, they sold them into prostitution, they killed anyone that they felt like killing, they killed people in the streets randomly infront of children, When two fighting tribes wanted reconciliation, they would exchange women, women did not even have rights for anything, these animals were responsible for killing up to 63,000 people in Kabul alone, all of this happend from 1992-1996.

Back then there was no such group called the Taliban, ''Seeing this destruction and lawlessness, a group of students called the Taliban, i.e. a group of students (Taliban is the plural of student in our language; it may be two students in Arabic, but in our language it means students) started a movement called the Movement of Students. It first started in a village in the southern province of Afghanistan, called Kandahar. It happened when a war-lord, or a commander abducted two minor girls and violated them. The parents of those girls went to a school and asked the teacher of the school to help them. The teacher of that school, along with his 53 students, finding only 16 guns, went and attacked the base of that commander. After releasing those two girls, they hanged that commander, and so many of his people were also hanged. This story was told everywhere. BBC also quoted this story. Hearing this story, many other students joined this movement and started disarming the rest of the warlords. This same students movement now controls 95% of the country including its capital. Only a bunch of those warlords are remaining in the northern corridor of Afghanistan.''

Ketabcha these criminals i mentioned above are all enjoying their times right now, working in the government and get supported by foreign countries to defeat the so called enemy the ''Taliban''.

After Taliban captured Kabul women were not allowed to go out for their own saftey unless with a male companion to protect them if anything happend for the first couple of months, because women were at risk of getting raped or killed, and thats why the Taliban started disarming people and established law and order, after that schools were established for both males and females but segregated and i dont know what the west was whining for, women were allowed to go out by themselves, When the Taliban ordered that there should be segregated schools, it did not mean that they don't want their women to be educated. It is true that they were against co-education; but it is not true that they were against women's education, they reopened the faculty of Science of medical science in all major cities of Afghanistan and in Kandahar. There were more girls students studying in the faculty of medical sciences than boys, but they are segregated. And the Swedish committees established schools for girls.

The sad thing is the Taliban were under sanction for destroying a ****ing statue that did not help the Afghans in any way. hundreds of children died in one month, all in all Seven hundred children died because of malnutrition and the severe cold weather because of these sanctions and nobody even talked about that, sadly the world was still crying about the statues.

Today a lot of Afghans would welcome the Afghani Taliban back, im not gonna lie, when the U.S. first invaded Afghanistan a lot of Afghans celebrated because they thought their lives were going to change to the better but after a couple years the situation started to get worse each year, and today most Afghans want the Taliban back in power, because under the Taliban, Afghanistan had good security, curbed corruption, cut the drug trade by 91-97% in a year and a half, they were strict on drug users, everyone got treated equally, unemployment rate was 8%, life expectancy was higher for both genders, women could go out without getting raped or even harrased, Sikhs and hindus had a better life under the Taliban, Today Afghanistan is in a better condition than before 1996 is because of the Taliban, Afghanistan was formerly fragmented into five parts but the Taliban unified it when nobody else could do it, if it wasn't for the Taliban the situation in Afghanistan would be similar to Somalia or worse, they disarmed almost all Afghans, The sad thing about this war is most people in the west think that these Afghans have their freedoms but what happens in that country is the opposite of what you guys think, there is still no HUMAN RIGHTS!! in Afghanistan, overall life was better under Taliban.

Look at how much the media was lying about them, and they were getting pressured from the international communities for lies but they still succeeded and overcame the sanctions that faced its people and improved Afghanistan as a country.

The thing that pisses me off about it is its like you're working really hard, trying your best and eventually improve, then randomly a foreign country comes in and ruins everything for you, and makes you start all over.

Honestly answer these 2 questions

1. ''If you were in such a situation what would you do? If your children are dying in front of your eyes, and you are under sanctions, and then the same people who have imposed sanctions and are coming and building statues here? What would you do?''

The thing is, the world cared about the statue more than they cared about the Afghans, this thing actulley drives me mad but still on top of that the Taliban managed to rank 93rd in the total income of Afghanistan, and today with all the help Karzai gets, the total income ranks 116th.

2. I wanna ask you this, Would you be happy to see foreign soldiers who know nothing about your country, culture, etc go in your country and act hostile towards your people. They wipe out villages, bomb random houses, wedding celebrations, and those that die are innocents mostly women and children, killing/injuring random people in the streets just because they think they're taliban when they're not, drugs easily accessible, prostitution flourishing, politicans of your country are so corrupted that they dont even care about their citizens, president's brother makes 90% from the opium production and still gets paid by the CIA, drug addicts make up 2-4% of the population, crime cases go unsolved, etc.

No wonder you would find the Taliban operates around 80% Afghanistan because the Afghans are tired of these acts. BTW the Taliban fighters you see today, 90% of them were not with the Taliban back from 1996-2001. These Taliban fighters are just ordinary Afghans who are out there to take revenge from these western forces. No wonder you would find the Taliban operates around 80% Afghanistan because the Afghans are tired of these acts. BTW the Taliban fighters you see today, 90% of them were not with the Taliban back from 1996-2001. These Taliban fighters are just ordinary Afghans who are out there to take revenge from these western forces.

If the Afghani Taliban were that cruel then today they wouldn't be winning a lot of support, they would've been eliminated 6-7 years ago.

Just one more thing, in august 2001 there 950 beds for women patients in Kabul's hospitals and now there is only 350 beds.
I know much more about Afghanistan and Afghans than you do. That is not a put down. It is simply a fact.

Is your female Afghan friend a soccer mom in Virginia? If so, I know who she is. But that does not matter. Any Afghan who says that things were better under the Taliban is a Talib him/herself. There is something horribly wrong with people of that mentality.

I have never mentiond a burqa. I didn't even mention a hijab. Makes no difference to me unless a person is forced to wear one. Women of many religions wear head coverings to church/synagog/mosque and that includes Catholics and Jews....people "of the book." . So, don't put words into my mouth about burqas.

Your arguments ring hollow. No one wants to live in a country that is operated by religious fanatics. Talibs are fundamentalists of the worse kind and they made up new laws and misconstrued fatas whenever they wanted to and said the laws came from the Quran when they did not. No one could contest it because no one could translate Arabic.

The Taliban has support among some of the Pashtuns because they are often related. Plus the Talibs throw around money. They buy people off and then head to the NWFP in Pakistan where they fit in with the rest of the wild people in that province. Those people are not Afghans. They are Pashtun Pakistanis. Plus there is the little issue of nanawatai and Pashtunwali.

The prostitutes in Afghanistan are not Afghans. They are mostly from China and work in the Chinese restaurants. Plus, the Talib definition of a prostitute is a woman who shows an ankle when the wind blows.

Prove to me that the majority of Talibs in Afghanistan are Afghans. You won't be able to do that because they are not. The only reason the Taliban got a foothold in Afghanistan was because of Rabbani. Had he not been shelling the daylights out of Kabul the Talibs would not have gotten in.

The fact remains that I am more familiar with what goes on in Afghanistan than you are. Plus, I am not a soldier. I do not get my information from Fox News or any media outlet. I get it from Afghans and not a one of them likes the Taliban.

So, I know stuff because I have contacts who experience things day-to-day in Afghanistan and you know stuff because some Afghan woman tells you the Talibs are swell guys. Does she live in Afghanistan? I doubt it. If she doesn't then why not? If things are so wonderful under the Taliban then why did she leave.

The last time the Taliban had control of Afghanistan was in 2001 and they did not have control of all of it. Ahmad Shah Massoud saw to it that the Talibs never controled the entire country. Then we came in and sent them running for the hills....literally, the mountains of the Hindu Kush. Cowards.

We can debate this until the fat-tailed sheep come home and neither of us will be changing his/her mind. You've proven by your posts here that you are pro-Taliban. That says a lot about you.

By the way, I am not a male. So, don't call me "man."

Old 12-28-2009, 11:11 PM

118 posts, read 165,117 times
Most Muslims do not realize that Islam allows no freedom. This alone should make them realize that it is Satan behind Islam, and not an eternal God. Satan wishes only to enslave Muslims to help him enslave the entire world. He does this by turning them away from the truth -- that salvation is yours already, if you only have faith in God's Son, Jesus. Islam is a religion based on intimidation and fear. The word "Islam" does not mean "peace." Muslims who tell you that the word “Islam” means “peace” are lying to you. The word "Islam" is an Arabic word. The word for peace in Arabic is “solh,” and not Islam. Islam is derived from the root word “taslim,” which means submission or surrender. A Muslim is not allowed to leave Islam or else risk his or her life. At birth, a person is branded either Muslim or non-Muslim depending on one's descent.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I know much more about Afghanistan and Afghans than you do. That is not a put down. It is simply a fact.

Is your female Afghan friend a soccer mom in Virginia? If so, I know who she is. But that does not matter. Any Afghan who says that things were better under the Taliban is a Talib him/herself. There is something horribly wrong with people of that mentality.

I have never mentiond a burqa. I didn't even mention a hijab. Makes no difference to me unless a person is forced to wear one. Women of many religions wear head coverings to church/synagog/mosque and that includes Catholics and Jews....people "of the book." . So, don't put words into my mouth about burqas.

Your arguments ring hollow. No one wants to live in a country that is operated by religious fanatics. Talibs are fundamentalists of the worse kind and they made up new laws and misconstrued fatas whenever they wanted to and said the laws came from the Quran when they did not. No one could contest it because no one could translate Arabic.

The Taliban has support among some of the Pashtuns because they are often related. Plus the Talibs throw around money. They buy people off and then head to the NWFP in Pakistan where they fit in with the rest of the wild people in that province. Those people are not Afghans. They are Pashtun Pakistanis. Plus there is the little issue of nanawatai and Pashtunwali.

The prostitutes in Afghanistan are not Afghans. They are mostly from China and work in the Chinese restaurants. Plus, the Talib definition of a prostitute is a woman who shows an ankle when the wind blows.

Prove to me that the majority of Talibs in Afghanistan are Afghans. You won't be able to do that because they are not. The only reason the Taliban got a foothold in Afghanistan was because of Rabbani. Had he not been shelling the daylights out of Kabul the Talibs would not have gotten in.

The fact remains that I am more familiar with what goes on in Afghanistan than you are. Plus, I am not a soldier. I do not get my information from Fox News or any media outlet. I get it from Afghans and not a one of them likes the Taliban.

So, I know stuff because I have contacts who experience things day-to-day in Afghanistan and you know stuff because some Afghan woman tells you the Talibs are swell guys. Does she live in Afghanistan? I doubt it. If she doesn't then why not? If things are so wonderful under the Taliban then why did she leave.

The last time the Taliban had control of Afghanistan was in 2001 and they did not have control of all of it. Ahmad Shah Massoud saw to it that the Talibs never controled the entire country. Then we came in and sent them running for the hills....literally, the mountains of the Hindu Kush. Cowards.

We can debate this until the fat-tailed sheep come home and neither of us will be changing his/her mind. You've proven by your posts here that you are pro-Taliban. That says a lot about you.

By the way, I am not a male. So, don't call me "man."
This girl im talking about, lived under the Taliban and seen everything with her own two eyes and i would believe her more than i would believe anyone who's not Afghan. She left Afghanistan because of the invasion.

Watch this vid and hopefully you understand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7jAT0FAGBc

Im not a supporter of the Taliban but i prefer them over the current government thats all, but today if Afghanistan had a government that cared about its citizens and listen to what they want then im going to support the government but sadly there is a slim chance of that happening so thats why im gonna keep continuing supporting the Taliban over the current government.

No one would want to live under a government that is full of corrupted politicans and criminals, most of the politicans in Karzai's government are responsible for the rapes, murders, robbings and they were also responsible for killing up to 60,000 innocent people in Kabul alone back from 1992-96. You have Karzai's brother who makes 90% from the opium production and still gets paid a lot by the CIA, you have minors in Bagram jail who get tortured and cant have a lawyer, you also have innocent people who still get tortured in normal Afghan jails, half of these afghani police officers are drug addicts who smoke Opium and Hasish, while 15% of Afghanistan's army are drug addicts, 4% of the Afghan population are drug addicts, how can the U.S. be that dumb by funding them, this would get the U.S. nowhere because you're supporting people who are not willing to fight for their country, who are responsible for bringing misery to Afghanistan and are hated by their own people.

At least the Taliban tried to provide something positive and overcame the sanctions that faced them and improved Afghanistan as a whole. Just stop denying the truth because its known to Afghans that during the Taliban days it was considered peaceful and a lot of Afghans miss those days.

There are a lot of Afghans fighting for the Taliban today, i could agree with you that there was a sizeable number of Arabs, Pakistanis, and Chechens during the Taliban from 1996-2001, but there was also a lot of Afghans too.

The Pakistani Taliban and Afghan Taliban are not the same groups, the Pakistani Taliban get supported by India to cause disruptions in NW Pakistan and at the sametime they're the ones who support Al-Qaeda, but the Afghani Taliban go against the foreign forces.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:02 AM

15,891 posts, read 15,310,070 times
The Taliban in Afghanistan were the ones who allowed bin Laden to set up terrorist camps near Jalalabad. They invited him to Afghanistan and would not give him up after 9/11...nanawatai strikes again.

The Taliban is a terrorist organization hiding under the cloak of Islam.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
The Taliban in Afghanistan were the ones who allowed bin Laden to set up terrorist camps near Jalalabad. They invited him to Afghanistan and would not give him up after 9/11...nanawatai strikes again.

The Taliban is a terrorist organization hiding under the cloak of Islam.
They did welcome Bin-Laden in their country, but the terrorist attacks were planned in Europe and North America. They wanted to handover Bin-laden before 9/11 but everyone ignored them, and then after 9/11 they agreed to handover Bin-laden to a third world country but the U.S. refused just so they have an excusable reason to invade Afghanistan.

Bin-Laden and AQ took advantage of their stay in Afghanistan by screwing the Taliban and bringing misery to Afghans.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:26 AM

14,095 posts, read 23,701,738 times
I'd change the title to this topic to "Islam is terrorism".

Old 12-29-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I'd change the title to this topic to "Islam is terrorism".
Nah i would rather keep it ''Terrorism in Islam''
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or