U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-29-2009, 01:15 AM
 
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
14,095 posts, read 23,704,443 times
Reputation: 7984

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Nah i would rather keep it ''Terrorism in Islam''
Tell that to people in the Philipines, India, Australia, Russia, Spain, England, and Israel who've been the victims of islamic terrorist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-29-2009, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Unknown
731 posts, read 678,093 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Tell that to people in the Philipines, India, Australia, Russia, Spain, England, and Israel who've been the victims of islamic terrorist.
India - Actulley Muslims are the ones who get prosecuted first so in return they take revenge.

Russia - Same as India

Israel - Pure bull****, the Israeli government are the ones who terrorized the Palsetenians by kicking them out of their country, demolish their houses, arresting innocents, killing anyone they feel like killing, etc. When groups like Hamas emerge don't blame everything on them because Israel makes bigger mistakes too.

I definitly dont agree with these acts tho, but im just pointing out the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Texas
15,891 posts, read 15,312,506 times
Reputation: 62658
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
India - Actulley Muslims are the ones who get prosecuted first so in return they take revenge.

Russia - Same as India

Israel - Pure bull****, the Israeli government are the ones who terrorized the Palsetenians by kicking them out of their country, demolish their houses, arresting innocents, killing anyone they feel like killing, etc. When groups like Hamas emerge don't blame everything on them because Israel makes bigger mistakes too.

I definitly dont agree with these acts tho, but im just pointing out the truth.

Oh, please. Same song, different verse.

India is secular. Back in 1947 a hunk of land was carved out of India and Afghanistan and named Pakistan....Islamic Republic of. Indian Muslims moved to Pakistan while Hindus in that area fled for their lives into India.

And today? Millions of Muslims in India. Why? Because it is safe for Muslims...for everyone. What about Pakistan? It's an Islamic country and the Muslims kill each other. Sunnis murder Shias on a regular basis because the Shias are in the minority. Plus, the Sunnis are still mad about the Ali situation. Christians and Jews are murdered. No Hindus in Pakistan. Why? They would be murdered.

And so, don't take pot shots at India. Muslims are safe there unless they are like that gang of cutthroats who attacked Mumbai in the last year. Look at who the major movie stars are in Bollywood. Shah Rukh Khan-most assuredly a Muslim. And he's married to a Hindu. No one avoids his movies because of his religious preference or that of his wife. People in India generally get along and don't care about religious preference. Plus, India is the largest Democracy on the planet. That speaks volumes for the grand old idea of a secular democracy.

All this weeping and moaning about the fate of Muslims is a crock. I have a lot of Muslim friends and they don't blow up people or murder anyone. They get along just like most of the rest of us do. We want peace and a safe place to feed, raise and educate our children.

It is so past time for the Imams to speak out against the hellacious radical Islamists. But they don't. Know why? They are afraid they will be terrorized by their fellow Muslims....the crazy ones.

And, leave Israel alone. She has managed to take down any attacking army (armies) since the day after partition in 1948. Surely you have read about that. The entire force of the Arab countries in the Middle East came down on Israel in an attempt to push the population into the sea. They should have known that no group of humanity who has survived the ovens will allow itself to lose a war over a place to live. And yet the pseudo-Grand Muftis are still calling for war on Israel. Get a life, people. It isn't going to happen.

Why don't the Palestinians try to move forward. For God's sake it has been 60+ years. Go to school, people. Get a job. Quit whining and make something of yourselves rather than dancing in the streets like you did on 9/11 for all the world to see.

Hamas is a terrorist organization. Israel is a country. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Unknown
731 posts, read 678,093 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Oh, please. Same song, different verse.

India is secular. Back in 1947 a hunk of land was carved out of India and Afghanistan and named Pakistan....Islamic Republic of. Indian Muslims moved to Pakistan while Hindus in that area fled for their lives into India.

And today? Millions of Muslims in India. Why? Because it is safe for Muslims...for everyone. What about Pakistan? It's an Islamic country and the Muslims kill each other. Sunnis murder Shias on a regular basis because the Shias are in the minority. Plus, the Sunnis are still mad about the Ali situation. Christians and Jews are murdered. No Hindus in Pakistan. Why? They would be murdered.

And so, don't take pot shots at India. Muslims are safe there unless they are like that gang of cutthroats who attacked Mumbai in the last year. Look at who the major movie stars are in Bollywood. Shah Rukh Khan-most assuredly a Muslim. And he's married to a Hindu. No one avoids his movies because of his religious preference or that of his wife. People in India generally get along and don't care about religious preference. Plus, India is the largest Democracy on the planet. That speaks volumes for the grand old idea of a secular democracy.

All this weeping and moaning about the fate of Muslims is a crock. I have a lot of Muslim friends and they don't blow up people or murder anyone. They get along just like most of the rest of us do. We want peace and a safe place to feed, raise and educate our children.

It is so past time for the Imams to speak out against the hellacious radical Islamists. But they don't. Know why? They are afraid they will be terrorized by their fellow Muslims....the crazy ones.

And, leave Israel alone. She has managed to take down any attacking army (armies) since the day after partition in 1948. Surely you have read about that. The entire force of the Arab countries in the Middle East came down on Israel in an attempt to push the population into the sea. They should have known that no group of humanity who has survived the ovens will allow itself to lose a war over a place to live. And yet the pseudo-Grand Muftis are still calling for war on Israel. Get a life, people. It isn't going to happen.

Why don't the Palestinians try to move forward. For God's sake it has been 60+ years. Go to school, people. Get a job. Quit whining and make something of yourselves rather than dancing in the streets like you did on 9/11 for all the world to see.

Hamas is a terrorist organization. Israel is a country. Period.
All im trying to say about India is both Hindus and Muslims made mistakes against each other. No one is perfect thats all. Just keep in mind that Muslims ruled India for about a thousand years, and therefore had the power to force each and every non-Muslim of India to convert to Islam, but they did not, and thus more than 80% of the Indian population remains non-Muslim.

I wanna ask you this, would you like to see a group of people takeover your country just because their holy book says so? Would you be happy to see people of your own country take a refuge to a neighbouring country? Would you be happy to see them get massacred by strangers in their own villages? Would you be happy to see their rights taken away? Would you be happy to see them get treated like 2nd class citizens on their own land? Would you like to see them suffer until today?

Groups like Hamas would obviously emerge and they have every right to be there, probably we would not agree with some of their policies like wiping Israel off the map, but you cant really call Hamas a terrorist organization because they won fair and square, for the last 3 years Israel didn't give them the chance to see what they could provide for their own people. How do you expect Palestine to have democracy and improve if Israel distracts them with wars all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Sugar Land
232 posts, read 629,339 times
Reputation: 142
exactly this is what that Terrorist muhammud did, he forced his mumbo jumbo and forced conversions and execution. Dont give us this BS, muslims do nothing to improve society. They do not respect anyone, and they want the world to be under shria law.
F that!

Games Muslims play: "Muhammad never killed anyone" (http://cplash.com/post/Games-Muslims-play-Muhammad-never-killed-anyone976.html# - broken link)
by SatbirSinghBedi (http://cplash.com/user/SatbirSinghBedi/ - broken link), December 20, 2009 09:05

"Muhammad never killed anyone.”

The Muslim Game:

In order to give others the impression that Muhammad was a man of peace, Muslims sometimes claim that he never killed anyone. By this, they mean that he never slew anyone with his own hand (except in battle… which they may or may not remember to mention).

The Truth:

By this logic, Hitler never killed anyone either.

Obviously, if you order the execution of prisoners or the murder of critics by those who are under your command, then you are at least as guilty as those who carry out your orders. In Muhammad’s case, the number of people that he had murdered were literally too many for historians to fully know.

There were the men taken prisoner at Badr (including one who cried out for his children at the point of execution), a mother of five (stabbed to death for questioning Muhammad’s claim to be a prophet), dozens of Jewish citizens, including poets and merchants who were accused of mocking Islam, numerous adulterers, at least one slave girl, 800 Qurayza men and boys taken captive and beheaded on Muhammad’s order, a Qurayza woman made delirious by the execution of her family, and an unfortunate individual who was tortured to death so that the prophet of Islam could discover his hidden treasure and then “marry” his freshly-widowed wife.

Indirectly, Muhammad is also responsible for the millions upon millions of people who have been slaughtered down through the centuries by those carrying on his legacy of Jihad. Not only did he kill, he is truly one of the bloodiest figures in history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post

I wanna ask you this, would you like to see a group of people takeover your country just because their holy book says so? ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Sugar Land
232 posts, read 629,339 times
Reputation: 142
Pakistan was created for the Muslims in India...but because that country is so pathetic....over the last 50 years....millions of Pakis have slipped back to India where they have some opportunity....now they are trying to change that country too. they add zero value. In Europe Muslim immigrants are destroying the social programs. The Western world benefited throughout history because they was no Islam...once the BS called Islam spilled into the west...it started to impact the standard of living in the west. There is NO muslim country that is NOT a third world nation... unless they have oil, but those are run by dictators. If it was not for OIL these muslim countries would be filled with sand and a even more uneducated, nomadic warriors and goat herders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Texas
15,891 posts, read 15,312,506 times
Reputation: 62658
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
All im trying to say about India is both Hindus and Muslims made mistakes against each other. No one is perfect thats all. Just keep in mind that Muslims ruled India for about a thousand years, and therefore had the power to force each and every non-Muslim of India to convert to Islam, but they did not, and thus more than 80% of the Indian population remains non-Muslim.

I wanna ask you this, would you like to see a group of people takeover your country just because their holy book says so? Would you be happy to see people of your own country take a refuge to a neighbouring country? Would you be happy to see them get massacred by strangers in their own villages? Would you be happy to see their rights taken away? Would you be happy to see them get treated like 2nd class citizens on their own land? Would you like to see them suffer until today?

Groups like Hamas would obviously emerge and they have every right to be there, probably we would not agree with some of their policies like wiping Israel off the map, but you cant really call Hamas a terrorist organization because they won fair and square, for the last 3 years Israel didn't give them the chance to see what they could provide for their own people. How do you expect Palestine to have democracy and improve if Israel distracts them with wars all the time.
Yes, Hamas won among the Palestinians. They were smart in the way they went about it, too. They provided food and medical care (in addition to what the nations of the world provide) to the Palestinians. Following the adage of "provide for a man's children and he will side with you." I could not possibly care less who the Palestinians elect. What I do care about is a government that's mantra is "kill the Jews and everyone else who is not us." That is what the Palestinians condone. They back a government that is intent on wiping the Jews off the face of planet earth. If they were intent on wiping out left-handed redheads I would feel the same way. What each new generation of Palestinians learns is that a blood feud is the only way to live. That's why we see so many teenage suicide bombers coming out of Palestine. Their parents approve of it. Then bin Laden gives the family a large amount of money for their "sacrifice." How sick is that? It's sick, Mrhman. Very sick.

I most certainly can call Hamas a terrorist organization. That moniker is not wrong just because the Palestinians elected them. Anyone who busts into a wedding party, or a school cafeteria, or a religious processional and blows up the place is a terrorist. Hamas is a terrorist organization intent on murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Unknown
731 posts, read 678,093 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier1774 View Post
exactly this is what that Terrorist muhammud did, he forced his mumbo jumbo and forced conversions and execution. Dont give us this BS, muslims do nothing to improve society. They do not respect anyone, and they want the world to be under shria law.
F that!

Games Muslims play: "Muhammad never killed anyone" (http://cplash.com/post/Games-Muslims-play-Muhammad-never-killed-anyone976.html# - broken link)
by SatbirSinghBedi (http://cplash.com/user/SatbirSinghBedi/ - broken link), December 20, 2009 09:05

"Muhammad never killed anyone.”

The Muslim Game:

In order to give others the impression that Muhammad was a man of peace, Muslims sometimes claim that he never killed anyone. By this, they mean that he never slew anyone with his own hand (except in battle… which they may or may not remember to mention).

The Truth:

By this logic, Hitler never killed anyone either.

Obviously, if you order the execution of prisoners or the murder of critics by those who are under your command, then you are at least as guilty as those who carry out your orders. In Muhammad’s case, the number of people that he had murdered were literally too many for historians to fully know.

There were the men taken prisoner at Badr (including one who cried out for his children at the point of execution), a mother of five (stabbed to death for questioning Muhammad’s claim to be a prophet), dozens of Jewish citizens, including poets and merchants who were accused of mocking Islam, numerous adulterers, at least one slave girl, 800 Qurayza men and boys taken captive and beheaded on Muhammad’s order, a Qurayza woman made delirious by the execution of her family, and an unfortunate individual who was tortured to death so that the prophet of Islam could discover his hidden treasure and then “marry” his freshly-widowed wife.

Indirectly, Muhammad is also responsible for the millions upon millions of people who have been slaughtered down through the centuries by those carrying on his legacy of Jihad. Not only did he kill, he is truly one of the bloodiest figures in history.
Most Muslims today would not want to have the Sharia law, but Sharia is useful to the ones who live in war torn countries like Somalia, etc. Because it ends civil wars, rapes, etc. I know its harsh but me personally i would only want the Sharia law if my country had a bloody civil war that cannot be stopped by anyone. A lot of people in Somalia today would welcome Al-Shabaab because even though they would be extreme, at the same time they would bring security and would end the civil wars.

Just watch this and it tells you ''Does the quran say kill Jews and christians?'' This is from someone who's expert not someone who tries to badmouth Islam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UE6u...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Unknown
731 posts, read 678,093 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Yes, Hamas won among the Palestinians. They were smart in the way they went about it, too. They provided food and medical care (in addition to what the nations of the world provide) to the Palestinians. Following the adage of "provide for a man's children and he will side with you." I could not possibly care less who the Palestinians elect. What I do care about is a government that's mantra is "kill the Jews and everyone else who is not us." That is what the Palestinians condone. They back a government that is intent on wiping the Jews off the face of planet earth. If they were intent on wiping out left-handed redheads I would feel the same way. What each new generation of Palestinians learns is that a blood feud is the only way to live. That's why we see so many teenage suicide bombers coming out of Palestine. Their parents approve of it. Then bin Laden gives the family a large amount of money for their "sacrifice." How sick is that? It's sick, Mrhman. Very sick.

I most certainly can call Hamas a terrorist organization. That moniker is not wrong just because the Palestinians elected them. Anyone who busts into a wedding party, or a school cafeteria, or a religious processional and blows up the place is a terrorist. Hamas is a terrorist organization intent on murder.
What about the 1,400 innocents that died in 2 weeks? Dont tell me that was Hamas's fault, because Israel did not care where they striked at, the sad thing is, that Hamas only killed 13 innocents because they were targeting the army, so tell me who's the terrorist here? What about selling body organs of innocent palestenians by Israelis? Honestly Israel makes bigger mistakes than Hamas, just admit it and the world knows but they give them a blind eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
2,193 posts, read 4,546,517 times
Reputation: 1072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Oh, please. Same song, different verse.

India is secular. Back in 1947 a hunk of land was carved out of India and Afghanistan and named Pakistan....Islamic Republic of. Indian Muslims moved to Pakistan while Hindus in that area fled for their lives into India.

And today? Millions of Muslims in India. Why? Because it is safe for Muslims...for everyone. What about Pakistan? It's an Islamic country and the Muslims kill each other. Sunnis murder Shias on a regular basis because the Shias are in the minority. Plus, the Sunnis are still mad about the Ali situation. Christians and Jews are murdered. No Hindus in Pakistan. Why? They would be murdered.

And so, don't take pot shots at India. Muslims are safe there unless they are like that gang of cutthroats who attacked Mumbai in the last year. Look at who the major movie stars are in Bollywood. Shah Rukh Khan-most assuredly a Muslim. And he's married to a Hindu. No one avoids his movies because of his religious preference or that of his wife. People in India generally get along and don't care about religious preference. Plus, India is the largest Democracy on the planet. That speaks volumes for the grand old idea of a secular democracy.

All this weeping and moaning about the fate of Muslims is a crock. I have a lot of Muslim friends and they don't blow up people or murder anyone. They get along just like most of the rest of us do. We want peace and a safe place to feed, raise and educate our children.

It is so past time for the Imams to speak out against the hellacious radical Islamists. But they don't. Know why? They are afraid they will be terrorized by their fellow Muslims....the crazy ones.

And, leave Israel alone. She has managed to take down any attacking army (armies) since the day after partition in 1948. Surely you have read about that. The entire force of the Arab countries in the Middle East came down on Israel in an attempt to push the population into the sea. They should have known that no group of humanity who has survived the ovens will allow itself to lose a war over a place to live. And yet the pseudo-Grand Muftis are still calling for war on Israel. Get a life, people. It isn't going to happen.

Why don't the Palestinians try to move forward. For God's sake it has been 60+ years. Go to school, people. Get a job. Quit whining and make something of yourselves rather than dancing in the streets like you did on 9/11 for all the world to see.

Hamas is a terrorist organization. Israel is a country. Period.

I agree with much of your post, however I disagree with 'why don't the palestinians try to move forward.' It's not that simple. What you see on tv tells very little of the full story of what goes on there. There are blockades that prevent them from getting to school or work. They have to climb over fences or massive hills that have armed security who stop them from getting to their job or school. There's a youtube video of young college kids, elderly, little kids on a long line having to go through one of those large cylindrical turnstyles to get to school, work or the doctor. And sometimes never getting through. Then on top of that every so often they come home and their home is being bulldozed. Having to start all over and build a home for themselves. Many don't even have access to water or simple medical supplies. When a group of people are being prevented the basic necessities for living, how do you expect them to just move forward? They can't. You get stuck in the same cycle. One step forward and two steps back. Because you have to keep starting over when your home gets bulldozed or you lose your job or have to start the class you kept missing, again through no fault of your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top