U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 11:27 AM

13,143 posts, read 19,201,834 times

Advertisements

Since we get so many posts from our Islamic friends, would it be possible to make a subforum for them, ya know...just to keep things organized?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 11:37 AM

19,020 posts, read 25,568,966 times
I want a cool catholic dudes sub-forum myself

But an Islamic one is most welcome.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:41 AM

39,134 posts, read 10,857,554 times
Good idea.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:13 PM

179 posts, read 265,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I want a cool catholic dudes sub-forum myself

But an Islamic one is most welcome.
Yes! Catholic forum! I would love it!...yes, and an islam one too... But definitely a catholic one! The holy father would be proud!

Old 12-18-2009, 08:24 PM

30,881 posts, read 31,773,106 times
I don't think a Muslim forum would be used much at all...It seems to me that most Muslims are here for one purpose only, and that is to win converts....They would still be doing it here I'm afraid.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:26 PM

30,881 posts, read 31,773,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaFan View Post
Yes! Catholic forum! I would love it!...yes, and an islam one too... But definitely a catholic one! The holy father would be proud!
A question for you....It's been many years since I became a "fallen Catholic", but I remember being taught that the pope was infallible....Does that still hold?

Old 12-18-2009, 08:47 PM

179 posts, read 265,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
A question for you....It's been many years since I became a "fallen Catholic", but I remember being taught that the pope was infallible....Does that still hold?
OK... I don't see what this has to do with the topic but I will just say that I personally (and I stress PERSONALLY) don't agree with that statement ("the pope is infallible") and furthermore, Frankly this is the first time I've ever even heard that as it's NEVER been said in either the sunday school I attended or My church. However, I will not say that perhalps you've heard it before or not as I was not there. But, once again this is the first time I've heard it.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:00 PM

40,085 posts, read 26,750,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaFan View Post
OK... I don't see what this has to do with the topic but I will just say that I personally (and I stress PERSONALLY) don't agree with that statement ("the pope is infallible") and furthermore, Frankly this is the first time I've ever even heard that as it's NEVER been said in either the sunday school I attended or My church. However, I will not say that perhalps you've heard it before or not as I was not there. But, once again this is the first time I've heard it.
IT still holds . . . but it was never a generic trait . . . ONLY when he is speaking "Ex Cathedra" on doctrine.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:02 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,984,404 times
I'm also a fallen Catholic and was taught that the Pope is infallible when he speaks ex cathedra. Of course I no longer believe that. EDIT: You beat me to it, MysticPhD!

Back to the topic: Since the Muslims here are only posting broadsides to the rest of us here, why would they stay in their own subforum? Still, I'm not against trying it. Perhaps it would help some.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:16 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,973,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
IT still holds . . . but it was never a generic trait . . . ONLY when he is speaking "Ex Cathedra" on doctrine.
Yup. It's often said that the only times it was used was to define the Immaculate Conception and the Assumption of Mary. (Eastern Orthodoxy highly reveres Mary, but they do not believe in the Immaculate Conception or the Assumption of Mary) One scholar apparently indicated certain denunciations of Jansenism could be deemed infallible even though infallibility had not been defined yet. Also both Orthodox and Catholics, I'm pretty certain, deem the first seven Ecumenical Councils infallible and at least one of those likely involved a Pope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or