U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 10:29 AM

38,690 posts, read 89,178,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I bet they are building it for a reason.

Like the new Vatican, the seat of religious power.

Preparing for the future. And what better place than London.

It's really happening then

Time to take a leaf out of us, Indians. We know how to survive the brunt of Islamic aggression and still retain the Hindu majority. Will the West ever learn? Probably not. Too many ACLU/polarbear/chihuahua clowns who will perennially block any action
What the hell is a chihuahua clown? That conjures up a bizarre image...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 08:33 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,333,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
Personally I welcome any religion to come here as I believe diversity is a catalyst of many great things.

There will be elements of it that aren't so pretty, but I don't really care so long as religion and politics stay in different beds.
Those things that are not so pretty is your ability to post something on the web stating that it's not so pretty and forcibly becoming a Muslim or at best being persecuted and run out of the country. Just check the middle eastern muslim countries and their diversity. There is NONE. Yea, I guess that's not too pretty.

Folks like you are lambs for the slaughter. Fools at best.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:55 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,196,308 times
Quote:
Personally I welcome any religion to come here as I believe diversity is a catalyst of many great things.

There will be elements of it that aren't so pretty, but I don't really care so long as religion and politics stay in different beds.
Trouble with Islam is its a very "political" religion.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:48 AM

2,008 posts, read 2,978,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Trouble with Islam is its a very "political" religion.
Yes, ridiculously so. One could say that Christianity would like the same thing. But fortunately there are some firewalls to prevent that from becoming as epidemic as it is in the M.E. That's why I said so long as we maintain some semblance separation of religion and the state.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:23 AM

40,043 posts, read 26,725,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Those things that are not so pretty is your ability to post something on the web stating that it's not so pretty and forcibly becoming a Muslim or at best being persecuted and run out of the country. Just check the middle eastern muslim countries and their diversity. There is NONE. Yea, I guess that's not too pretty.

The problem with reasonable people is they do not understand unreasonable ones (they probably cannot even conceive of their existence) . . . imagine their difficulty in understanding fanatical ones.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post

There are many reasons for the status of the Middle east. Religion plays a large role, but what about the regional and cultural side of the equation? What qualifies you to say that their situation is strictly a result of their religion? To say that is to completely ignore their regional heritage, their roots, the result of political and economical development and so on. I never said that we should give them the keys to everything. But the last time I checked in America one can practice whatever religion they please. It sounds awfully un-American to deny a person that right. As far as I can see, the core of the problems in the Middle east is that their religion and their politics are pretty much one in the same. I have met and known a few Muslims and they seem as everyday as anyone else does. Isn't it kind of judgmental to make such fearful assumptions about a person based strictly on their religion? Muslims probably wouldn't get very far past minority status because our host religion is so deeply embedded here. I doubt they would have the power here to run this show like they do in the M.E. This is why I stress the importance of separation from religion and politics. Those are the rules here and they would have to abide by them.

If not jumping on on America's jingo, down-with-the-Muslim bandwagon makes me a fool, then fine, I'll be a fool. Maybe I am a lamb for the slaughter, and a fool. Maybe I'm wiser than you give me credit for. Or maybe you wouldn't know me from a stack of hay. I'm sorry if I refuse to believe that every single Muslim out there is a terrorist, or out to convert the world and take over America with their heathen religion.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:34 PM

40,043 posts, read 26,725,598 times
Quote:
There are many reasons for the status of the Middle east. Religion plays a large role, but what about the regional and cultural side of the equation? What qualifies you to say that their situation is strictly a result of their religion? To say that is to completely ignore their regional heritage, their roots, the result of political and economical development and so on.
There is no such separation among these aspects in Islam . . . it is ALL under Islam. The radicals operate under Mafia-like rules. Explain how ANY of the moderates could EVER stop the radical jihadis. It would be like expecting those who know of the actions of the Mafia or other crime syndicates to go to the police. The most likely outcome will be death for the informants. The terrorist interpretations of Islam are not "misunderstandings" or "going beyond the teachings" . . . they are the result of the perceived state of Islam (Dar al-Harb or Dar al-Salem).

This is critical . . . because it determines the applicability of the beautiful principles of Islam espoused here by the apologists . . . . VERSUS the barbaric principles of Muhammad under jihad of War and Defense. So, if ANY Muslim apologists or devout Muslims would answer these questions it might clear some things up.

1. Is Islam in Dar al-Harb as long as Israel EXISTS on what is believed to be Allah's land (and/or American and foreign troops are engaged in war against Islamic terrorists and stationed on Arab lands)?

2. Are ALL devout Muslims OBLIGATED by Allah to engage in deception of the infidels in any way possible during Dar al-Harb?

3. Islam prohibits violence against innocents . . . but are there ANY non-Muslims NOT under Islamic rule or protection who are considered INNOCENT during Dar al-Harb?

4. Is it not true that ALL Devout Muslims are credited by Allah for all acts of jihadis under Dar al-Harb even if they do not participate actively?

I believe Islam IS under Dar al-Harb and that the obligation is on ALL DEVOUT Muslims to deceive us infidels everywhere in any way possible . . . so there is a built-in skepticism about any answers from devout Muslims.
Quote:
Muslims probably wouldn't get very far past minority status because our host religion is so deeply embedded here. I doubt they would have the power here to run this show like they do in the M.E. This is why I stress the importance of separation from religion and politics. Those are the rules here and they would have to abide by them.
This is patently absurd . . . Islam acknowledges NO sUCH SEPARATION and they are out-breeding Christians and secularists by large numbers.
Quote:
If not jumping on on America's jingo, down-with-the-Muslim bandwagon makes me a fool, then fine, I'll be a fool. Maybe I am a lamb for the slaughter, and a fool. Maybe I'm wiser than you give me credit for. Or maybe you wouldn't know me from a stack of hay. I'm sorry if I refuse to believe that every single Muslim out there is a terrorist, or out to convert the world and take over America with their heathen religion.
As described above using the Mafia analogy . . . it is irrelevant whether or not EVERY single Muslim is a terrorist. This is not a local or isolated problem. It is GLOBAL . . . and the threat is growing daily . . . especially where the"Lambs," fools and PC ninnies make excuses for them.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 01-08-2010 at 05:59 PM..

Old 01-08-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is no such separation among these aspects in Islam . . . it is ALL under Islam. The radicals operate under Mafia-like rules. Explain how ANY of the moderates could EVER stop the radical jihadis. It would be like expecting those who know of the actions of the Mafia or other crime syndicates to go to the police. The most likely outcome will be death for the informants. The terrorist interpretations of Islam are not "misunderstandings" or "going beyond the teachings" . . . they are the result of the perceived state of Islam (Dar al-Harb or Dar al-Salem).

This is critical . . . because it determines the applicability of the beautiful principles of Islam espoused here by the apologists . . . . VERSUS the barbaric principles of Muhammad under jihad of War and Defense. So, if ANY Muslim apologists or devout Muslims would answer these questions it might clear some things up.

1. Is Islam in Dar al-Harb as long as Israel EXISTS on what is believed to be Allah's land (and/or American and foreign troops are engaged in war against Islamic terrorists and stationed on Arab lands)?

2. Are ALL devout Muslims OBLIGATED by Allah to engage in deception of the infidels in any way possible during Dar al-Harb?

3. Islam prohibits violence against innocents . . . but are there ANY non-Muslims NOT under Islamic rule or protection who are considered INNOCENT during Dar al-Harb?

4. Is it not true that ALL Devout Muslims are credited by Allah for all acts of jihadis under Dar al-Harb even if they do not participate actively?

I believe Islam IS under Dar al-Harb and that the obligation is on ALL DEVOUT Muslims to deceive us infidels everywhere in any way possible . . . so there is a built-in skepticism about any answers from devout Muslims.
This is patently absurd . . . Islam acknowledges NO sUCH SEPARATION and they are out-breeding Christians and secularists by large numbers.As described above using the Mafia analogy . . . it is irrelevant whether or not EVERY single Muslim is a terrorist. This is not a local or isolated problem. It is GLOBAL . . . and the threat is growing daily . . . especially where the"Lambs," fools and PC ninnies make excuses for them.
I'm not going to waste our time here because you aren't going to change your mind any more than I am and frankly I'd rather agree to disagree with you and save my keyboard. The only other thing I am going to say here is that just because some Muslims want to live here doesn't mean that next week we are going to have Muslims setting the law of the land. They can go to their Mosque, avoid their pork and do their prayers and if they try to run our government with their religion we have our separation of church and state. In short, they will have to adapt to our standards and keep their religion in their home and their place of worship like the rest of us are expected to.

I will agree with you that the growth of bronze age ideology is a huge threat. I for one think that a shift away from religion as a whole would be extremely beneficial to humanity as a whole. But that isn't going to happen without becoming the same thing their lunatic fringe is.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:43 PM

1,618 posts, read 3,370,150 times
[quote=noranyyat;12182722]

World turns to Islam

How sad!

Old 01-09-2010, 02:08 PM

8,335 posts, read 9,794,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Sweet.

Will we see honor killings in the road? Will we see young kids getting their arm run over because he stole a loaf of bread? Will we see men with 8 underaged wives like pedophile Muhammed did? Will all women be forced to have sex with their husbands and be covered 24/7?

Disgusting!
Yeah. I wish Islam would just die off already. I don't hide it: I despise Islam. It is extremely dangerous, regressive, oppressive, and worst of all it won't stop until the entire world submits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or