U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:23 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,392,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Quite right.

Lowering ourselves to the level of those terrorists makes us no better.

And creating more terrorists by lending credence to the recruiters "Crusading Infidels" recruitment speech certainly isn't a way to "eliminate" terrorism.

While we are giving terrorists free .50 caliber dental wok courtesy of Uncle Sam and the American People, we must also strive to open, and maintain, good diplomatic relationships with Islamic Nations in general.

Remove the monetary, logistical, and recruitment support from their fellow Muslims, organizations like AQ become ineffective old men muttering about infidels around the camp fires in their caves.
Well yes, I agree to some degree, but then, diplomacy alone following a violent attack against our innocents apparently demonstrates weakness to them. We can administer the dental work PLUS remind them that we won't do any more of it unless they raise the stakes and retaliate. It was just a late reminder notice! But then, if they stupidly persist, we'll advance our efforts 10 fold. We do have a pretty capable military ability; it's about all we have true superiority at; certainly not global diplomacy these days.

So, you use what you are real good at. UAV Predator Drones dropping some "medication" in to the mouth of a cave just as bin Laden comes out to sun himself, a bit of napalm right down Main Street, Kabul if they continue to kill our innocents.

After a bit, I'd wager they'd pull back, when they see they'd eventually be losing all their women and children. And then we could roll in the "dialogue" part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 07:50 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,347,171 times
Personally I think we should let some of the Apaches, Northern and Southern Cheyenne's hunt for the Al Qaeda in the mountains and do what they do best...

Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 PM

10,513 posts, read 10,347,171 times
I seriously think that Islam spreading to the United States and trying to take over will have a very serious problem with the different Native American tribes in this land, we won't put up with it and there will be a very serious bloodbath over that....

Old 01-11-2010, 07:58 PM

15,849 posts, read 30,422,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noranyyat View Post
Despite attempts to distort the image of Islam
, Islam continues to spread in the whole world, and especially in Europe and America.
I cannot help but wonder as Islam becomes more and more common in the Western world if it will remain the pure religion that it is now or whether Western influences will distort and ruin it the way that they have with other cultures and religions.

I respect Islam for this purity of heart. But I cannot help but think that it cannot remain pure in the face of constant negative influences of the west.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-11-2010, 08:12 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,928,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I seriously think that Islam spreading to the United States and trying to take over will have a very serious problem with the different Native American tribes in this land, we won't put up with it and there will be a very serious bloodbath over that....
Like I said somewhere else........we still know how to take scalps........

Old 01-11-2010, 09:15 PM

2,008 posts, read 2,983,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I guess you missed the part about it has been following the critics of your ilk that has produced the abomination of limited, compassionate, minimal collateral damage warfare. THAT is why it has lasted and will continue to last until someone has the cajones to say "ENOUGH . . . let's end this thing" . . . and start some real killing and destruction. The ONLY ones winning in this ridiculous compassionate warfare are the "iron mongers" and weapons manufacturers.Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . blah, blah, blah . . . there needn't be anyone to JOIN . . . if we actually waged war on them and stopped this killing and destruction once and for all.
Mystic. There is no end in sight. Even people who aren't "like me" like George Bush Sr. thought it was a bad idea for similar reasons. Yeah. Let's start some real killing and destruction. Let's bomb them further into the stone age. that'll fix it all. They'll respect the west then. We just need a bigger bomb, a bigger tank, a faster plane... Sure it's all the fault of people like me. That's why there are terrorists. This war is the same old story that the whole of human history has seen over and over and over again. This is the same old tired war to end all wars crap that we've heard since birth.

It isn't people like me who send more troops, more machinery, send more funding that we don't have to further feed the war. That's chest thumpers like you. So what do you define as waging war? It sure looks like there is a war going on over there. Here yet again... We've spent more time at war in the last century than not. Doesn't that say something? Doesn't that mean anything?

Old 01-12-2010, 12:33 AM

40,228 posts, read 26,840,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
Mystic. There is no end in sight. Even people who aren't "like me" like George Bush Sr. thought it was a bad idea for similar reasons. Yeah. Let's start some real killing and destruction. Let's bomb them further into the stone age. that'll fix it all. They'll respect the west then. We just need a bigger bomb, a bigger tank, a faster plane... Sure it's all the fault of people like me. That's why there are terrorists. This war is the same old story that the whole of human history has seen over and over and over again. This is the same old tired war to end all wars crap that we've heard since birth.

It isn't people like me who send more troops, more machinery, send more funding that we don't have to further feed the war. That's chest thumpers like you. So what do you define as waging war? It sure looks like there is a war going on over there. Here yet again... We've spent more time at war in the last century than not. Doesn't that say something? Doesn't that mean anything?
We haven't been fighting wars, cleatis . . . thanks again to your ilk . . . they are limited police actions and you people want to give them Miranda rights and civilian court trials, etc. Absolutely moronic. If every Muslim state that helps fund and harbor these fanatics feared the destruction we are capable of wreaking upon them . . . they would stop. But they have been successful thanks to your people and their asinine views about how to deal with them.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:38 AM

217 posts, read 612,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I think the people who distort the vision of Islam the most, are the extreme idiots that try and blow up planes, and knock down buildings.

If you are really concerned about your religion, and the face it has, then you should openly post HATE threads of every terrorist attack, every time they occur.

If I were a Christian again, and the bombings were still going on in Ireland, I would be doing everything in my power to discredit the murderous rampage that was going on there.

Instead, you, and a few other Islamic posters, seem to be happy to post stupid ideas. Ideas like humans can grow from the hip bone from the ground. Ideas like the mountains of Earth aren't really from Earth. Things like that.

Can't you see that your religion faces a much greater threat then these silly topics? Its being used to murder people, and as long as thats happening, I'd be more concerned about that, then any other thing in the world.

you christians should do the same...and aslong as your not condeming the terrotrist state of israel, than your no better then the so called "extreme muslims"...

Old 01-12-2010, 09:43 AM

7,525 posts, read 14,928,229 times
There is no terrorist state of Israel. there is only a country, surrounded by cowards who have vowed to "push them into the sea" who daily shoot rockets into business and residential neighborhoods.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:49 AM

217 posts, read 612,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I cannot help but wonder as Islam becomes more and more common in the Western world if it will remain the pure religion that it is now or whether Western influences will distort and ruin it the way that they have with other cultures and religions.

I respect Islam for this purity of heart. But I cannot help but think that it cannot remain pure in the face of constant negative influences of the west.

20yrsinBranson
islam will always remain in its purest form by the true pious muslims of the world..there is no way to westernize are way of life..and why should we, throughout history western civilization has conqored many peaceful nations under the banner of "christinaity" and "civilization"..all who refused to assimilate into western culture were either demonized, slaughtered, tortured, or all three...the western powers have all ways had autocracy ideology, which later spread to the zionist jews in europe who claimed to be decendents of the ancient semitic tribes in the bible, which in itself is a blasphemous statement..and to this day the majority of israeli's who are mainly european jews, have used this irattional statement to condone the nationlization of the nation that never was, by a people who can trace no lineal decent of the semitic tribes of judea..this was done with years of malicoulous propaganda, all learned from the german and russians in europe who opressed the jews..they took the same ideology of superior race,that hitler used to rid them of germany, to rid the true semitic speaking arabs of there ancesteral homeland....and its just another example of an indeginous group being exploited the powers of the west....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or