U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-15-2010, 09:41 PM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 69,449,604 times
Reputation: 10118

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
It was not a Palestinian state, or country. It was a territory and it was under British control. It was partitioned with half going to Israel and half going to the Palestinian people. They turned it down and went to war against Israel. Most of the middle east was carved up into states and before that it was part of the ottoman empire.

Hardly being taken Illegitimately......
The most factual and logical post in this bizarre thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-16-2010, 12:48 AM
 
8,743 posts, read 10,283,851 times
Reputation: 3386
Islam is the most disgusting religion I have ever heard of and known of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2010, 03:56 AM
 
Location: miami, fla. enjoying the relative cool, for now ;)
1,085 posts, read 2,195,694 times
Reputation: 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
what is islam in your views? please with respecting
religion? who needs it? the intellectually weak or the intellectually lazy perhaps. man does not need human interpretation to commune with God. the hollow space in the soul which can only be God filled is there in us all. what can lead you understand his purposes better than introspection and quiet reflection?

one need only look upon the cruel history of organized religions of any flavor to know they are nothing if not a mockery of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2010, 06:46 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,056 posts, read 30,553,733 times
Reputation: 10490
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
what is islam in your views? please with respecting
It's a religion, plain and simple. And it isn't any better or more meaningful than any other religion (except maybe to its adherents--but of course you can say the same thing for all religions!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2010, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Unknown
731 posts, read 678,093 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
It was not a Palestinian state, or country. It was a territory and it was under British control. It was partitioned with half going to Israel and half going to the Palestinian people. They turned it down and went to war against Israel. Most of the middle east was carved up into states and before that it was part of the ottoman empire.

Hardly being taken Illegitimately......
It still does not matter, because Jews and arabs lived in peace, also on top of that the arabs didn't mind it when Jews were buying land, but they didn't know that the Jews were buying land to takeover the country, which have been going on for almost 70 years.Then eventually, the Zionists felt this plan would take a long time to accomplish, so thats why they decided to displace 750,000 people while massacring the other ones in their villages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2010, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Partisanship Is An Intellectual/Emotional Handicap
1,851 posts, read 1,880,531 times
Reputation: 1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
In principle and in the nations named by Goodpasture . I know of Muslims who say the punishment for apostasy only concerns those times when Muslims are being persecuted by an anti-Islamic entity.
But, according to so many Muslims ......they are always being persecuted by an anti-Islamic entities. It never ends.

Of course it's never Islam/Muslim's faults. They are always innocent victims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2010, 04:36 PM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 14,916,529 times
Reputation: 7014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
............ the Zionists felt this plan would take a long time to accomplish, so thats why they decided to displace 750,000 people while massacring the other ones in their villages.
It was actually 37 people that were displaced.

You show me your proof and I'll show you mine..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2010, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Unknown
731 posts, read 678,093 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
It was actually 37 people that were displaced.

You show me your proof and I'll show you mine..........
10 million Palestinians, 7 millions of them* refugees, 450,000 internally displaced, a new Badil report

Palestinian refugee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2010, 12:00 AM
 
Location: Pawnee Nation
7,525 posts, read 14,916,529 times
Reputation: 7014
I'm sorry, but badil.org is not a credible source.

In 1922 the population of Palestine consisted of approximately 589,200 Muslims, 83,800 Jews, 71,500 Christians and 7,600 others (1922 census). there is little evidence of a massive increase in the population subsequent to the 1922 census. 750,000 displaced would be difficult as there is likely little more than 600,000 in Palestine when Israel was formed....even if ALL Arabs had been displaced, which they were not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2010, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Unknown
731 posts, read 678,093 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I'm sorry, but badil.org is not a credible source.

In 1922 the population of Palestine consisted of approximately 589,200 Muslims, 83,800 Jews, 71,500 Christians and 7,600 others (1922 census). there is little evidence of a massive increase in the population subsequent to the 1922 census. 750,000 displaced would be difficult as there is likely little more than 600,000 in Palestine when Israel was formed....even if ALL Arabs had been displaced, which they were not.
Ok, Palestine was taken in 1948 which was 26 years later, and most sites have it, this is something you cannot debate about, but before 1948 Jews, Christians, and Muslims all lived in peace. But the country was only called Palestine thats all, there was no hate towards the Jews nor Arabs, in some Jewish areas, the Jews could have had Jewish governers, but taking over is just greasy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top