Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 05:18 PM

815 posts, read 1,543,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
There are two ways of looking at this........

1) If taking other peoples land is wrong, then the Jews have a right to that land that predates that of the Palestinians.

2) If the taking of land by might establishes ownership of the land, then the Jews have a right to that land that supercedes that of the Palestinians.

It seems that Palestinians, as relatively recent immigrants into that area, and as even more recently evicted victims of the newest immigrants, are a footnote with no claim to the land. Either one or the other of the two scenarios apply. Either way, the land is Israel, not Palestine.
Here's how. Give me the island of Rugen !!!
I will lick.... The USA.

About! At us many the Jewish invaders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 08:11 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
what is islam in your views? please with respecting
A dogmatic doctrine.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:46 AM

731 posts, read 776,263 times
Quote:
There are two ways of looking at this........

1) If taking other peoples land is wrong, then the Jews have a right to that land that predates that of the Palestinians.

2) If the taking of land by might establishes ownership of the land, then the Jews have a right to that land that supercedes that of the Palestinians.

It seems that Palestinians, as relatively recent immigrants into that area, and as even more recently evicted victims of the newest immigrants, are a footnote with no claim to the land. Either one or the other of the two scenarios apply. Either way, the land is Israel, not Palestine.
How would you feel if your rights got violated by your government? You would obviously stand for yourself, How would you feel if your government kills innocents from time to time? You would want to form a group where you should be heard by everyone, How would you feel if the place you live in, is surrounded by walls and everyday you have to go through a checkpoints? You would not like it.

Goodpasture just stop talking like you seen how the Israelis suffer, because i lived in the middle east, and i know a lot of Palestinians who have struggeled for years against the Zionist government, when i talk, i only say the truth, right now your just talking but you dont know what the reality for these people is, thats why Hamas gets supported a lot.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:56 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
You know your side of it, and your sympathies (and I do not fault you for that) are with the Palestinians. But when your side fires rockets and mortars into civilian cities your side loses all credibility as a people of peace. Israel has often "gone to the table" to attempt to develop a peaceful coexistence. They dealt with Arafat for decades. They've tried to deal with Hamas. Every time an Israeli concession was made, something else was demanded, killing the negotiation.

Until I see a genuine effort at bringing peace to the middle east, BY THE PALESTINIANS, they get absolutely no sympathy or respect from me. Right now, all I see is a terrorist people launching rockets and mortars at civilians in cities.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
You know your side of it, and your sympathies (and I do not fault you for that) are with the Palestinians. But when your side fires rockets and mortars into civilian cities your side loses all credibility as a people of peace. Israel has often "gone to the table" to attempt to develop a peaceful coexistence. They dealt with Arafat for decades. They've tried to deal with Hamas. Every time an Israeli concession was made, something else was demanded, killing the negotiation.

Until I see a genuine effort at bringing peace to the middle east, BY THE PALESTINIANS, they get absolutely no sympathy or respect from me. Right now, all I see is a terrorist people launching rockets and mortars at civilians in cities.
BBC News - Three Palestinians killed in Israeli air strike on Gaza

Goodpasture, this is how Israel starts because they know it ticks Hamas to throw rockets into Israel, as of now Hamas is trying really hard to have peace, but Israel is making it hard with these surprising attacks

Old 01-10-2010, 09:10 AM

From your link
Quote:
The Israeli military said it was responding to mortar and rocket attacks on Thursday on Israel from Gaza.

It said it attacked two tunnels on the border with Egypt, a tunnel to be used by militants for crossing into Israel and a weapons making site.
Sounds like a legitimate military target to me.

Quote:
On Thursday, Israeli planes dropped thousands of leaflets over the Gaza Strip warning residents to steer clear of the border after Palestinian militants fired mortar rounds into Israel.
Sounds like a legitimate effort to get civilians to get out of the way of a forthcoming bombing. So far it looks like Israel has acted with restraint and compassion while defending itself.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:20 AM

169 posts, read 353,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
what is islam in your views? please with respecting

as muslim (The only way to God)

allah said ( And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will not be accepted from him and he will be one of the losers in the Hereafter. (Quran, 3:85)

jmoool

Old 01-10-2010, 10:34 AM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
BBC News - Three Palestinians killed in Israeli air strike on Gaza

Goodpasture, this is how Israel starts because they know it ticks Hamas to throw rockets into Israel, as of now Hamas is trying really hard to have peace, but Israel is making it hard with these surprising attacks
This was a RESPONSE to rocket attacks and the Israelis even warned them ahead of time the attacks would happen. The BS deceit from the Palestinian side has destroyed ALL credibility or sympathy for them and their desire to destroy Israel. Israel will NOT be destroyed. Hamas had better stop their attacks and seek a genuine peace acknowledging Israel's permanent existence, period.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
From your link

Sounds like a legitimate military target to me.

Sounds like a legitimate effort to get civilians to get out of the way of a forthcoming bombing. So far it looks like Israel has acted with restraint and compassion while defending itself.
Do you know why Hamas throws rockets into Israel sometimes, because Israel are not allowing aid to pass through the tunnels, which makes more innocents suffer from hunger, etc, and this is creating tensions bettween Gaza and Israel.

Egypt listen to Israel's orders by the way about the tunnels, and its wrong to block aid from coming into the country because you will only tick the other group to harm you.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Do you know why Hamas throws rockets into Israel sometimes,
SOMETIMES????????
how about around 3,000 last year....almost 100 a day......that is NOT "sometimes"...!!!!!!!!

And yes, I know why they do it....because they are cowards as well as religious fanatics, and they care more for jihad than they do for their own children.

Quote:
because Israel are not allowing aid to pass through the tunnels,
You mean the tunnels that bring rockets and mortars into Gaza? How about not shooting rockets and mortars into Israel, recognize Israel's right to be a country, and get the blockade lifted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam