U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-07-2010, 02:18 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,904,991 times
Reputation: 1354

Advertisements

Fanatical Muslims often have this obsession with destroying "the west." They find sanction in the Quran to "fight against tho who fight against Allah/Islam" and figure that any interference (real or imagined) from the west in their Muslim societies is in effect a fight against Allah/Islam and thus it becomes okay to blow up themselves and others (including other Muslims). Some of these are the same people who believe Islam will take over the world in one way or another.

Where is Allah in all of this? If he is all powerful, why do they feel the need to help him out, so to speak? Can't Allah just destroy the enemies of Islam with a simple command from where he is? Why did Muhammad feel it necessary to tell his followers to use violence as a form of retaliation if Muhammad and his followers served the all powerful Allah? Does Allah not protect his own? Why does the responsibility to defend Islam fall upon the Muslim and not upon the god the Muslim serves?

Yes, the Old Testament has a similar pattern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-07-2010, 02:39 PM
 
8,989 posts, read 12,713,362 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Fanatical Muslims often have this obsession with destroying "the west." They find sanction in the Quran to "fight against tho who fight against Allah/Islam" and figure that any interference (real or imagined) from the west in their Muslim societies is in effect a fight against Allah/Islam and thus it becomes okay to blow up themselves and others (including other Muslims). Some of these are the same people who believe Islam will take over the world in one way or another.

Where is Allah in all of this? If he is all powerful, why do they feel the need to help him out, so to speak? Can't Allah just destroy the enemies of Islam with a simple command from where he is? Why did Muhammad feel it necessary to tell his followers to use violence as a form of retaliation if Muhammad and his followers served the all powerful Allah? Does Allah not protect his own? Why does the responsibility to defend Islam fall upon the Muslim and not upon the god the Muslim serves?

Yes, the Old Testament has a similar pattern.
What is the difference between mainstream Islam and fanatical Islam? what do they both believe from the koran about the infidels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 02:56 PM
 
Location: New York City
5,556 posts, read 6,904,991 times
Reputation: 1354
Oops! Moderators, can this thread be moved to the R&P forum please? I mistakenly put it here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 03:01 PM
 
696 posts, read 783,208 times
Reputation: 66
Allah was not always Allah as they see him. Of note are studies proving Allah came from the name allah a moon god or goddess worshipped by Muhammed's tribe. Note the crescent moon as the symbol of Islam. There can be no fanatic or moderate when the ground you build your faith on is made of sand. Of course I will take heat for this, but I have read and studied this. As I continue my studies I may study even deeper.

Last edited by Aschultz73; 01-07-2010 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: I have bad spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 04:25 PM
 
8,099 posts, read 7,065,854 times
Reputation: 1433
In Islam faith, Muslims must do things for their God and pray to their God in the east.........Christians must wait for God to do thing for them, ..... Jesus does not take your right hand, you must take his hand.......Christians pray to to a area in the east or a temple someplace on the earth, but to the Lord God , Out of their bellies will flow living waters, but the temple of the Holy Spirit is on every anointed Christian on their bellies. They can close the church but they can not close down Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 05:03 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,423,649 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What is the difference between mainstream Islam and fanatical Islam? what do they both believe from the koran about the infidels?

There is a difference in fanatical Islam and mainstream Islam.

There is a difference in fundamentalist Christianity and mainstream Christianity.

but the same belief each has is that they are right and everyone else is going to hell, both the infidel/non-believer and the unsaved/non-believer.

Both groups have historically believed the non-believer/heretic/blasphemer ought to be killed. Christianity has a long history of violence against those it saw as heretics and unbelievers, starting with the roman empire and the legalization of Christianity to the emancipation of the Jews from the ghettos imposed by Christian rulers. Christian violence lasted 100's of years. Christians killed Christian heretics, Jews, and Muslims during that violent history. The diaspora of the Jews started with the Romans and continued with the Christian majority, with Jews being pushed out of one area to live for awhile to again be pushed out again by the Christian majority never to have a permanent home to live in without fear until the modern age. Then there was the holocaust and the Christian nations shut there doors to fleeing Jews who had to turn back to certain death at the hands of the Nazis. I cringe when Christians talk about the violence coming from Muslims as if their history is blemish free.

Muslims got a late start but starting after the death of the prophet they too killed many of their own and then had to defend against the christian crusaders who along the way wiped out whole Jewish communities on their way to free the holy land from the Muslims.

Both are religions that have the ability to cause great violence because they think they are right and God is on their side and they are superior to all other religions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 05:07 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,423,649 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In Islam faith, Muslims must do things for their God and pray to their God in the east.........Christians must wait for God to do thing for them, ..... Jesus does not take your right hand, you must take his hand.......Christians pray to to a area in the east or a temple someplace on the earth, but to the Lord God , Out of their bellies will flow living waters, but the temple of the Holy Spirit is on every anointed Christian on their bellies. They can close the church but they can not close down Jesus Christ.

Muslims pray towards Mecca and where the kabba is that was build by Abraham and his son Ismael. Muslims also pray just like Christians do to God who is called Allah in Arabic. Christians use the term Allah in their prayer because its the Arabic name for God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 05:17 PM
 
696 posts, read 783,208 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Muslims pray towards Mecca and where the kabba is that was build by Abraham and his son Ismael. Muslims also pray just like Christians do to God who is called Allah in Arabic. Christians use the term Allah in their prayer because its the Arabic name for God.
This is immensly false as anyone who has done a true study of the word Allah come from would know. Read above post as I have generalized it, and then study again. Secondly if you truely study the rise of Islam you would no long before the Crusades(which were wrong) that the Jews were constantly attacked by the faith of Islam. I would ask what basis you get your information, not as a direct personal attack against you, but your words have been disproven constantly

Of note Ismael was never promised more than nationhood from God for the sake of Abraham. This is something many dont understand or neglect to see. It was Salvation from Isaac the true first born of Abraham thru his true wife Sarah. While they are brothers both whom have failed to accept Christ the promises to each are distinctly different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 08:55 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,666,149 times
Reputation: 1699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
This is immensly false as anyone who has done a true study of the word Allah come from would know.
So you are under the impression that God is God's name? As in Allah is their God's name?

That is absurd. Here's why:
Many gods are called "God" if you are English speaking.. and when speaking of the christian god a Muslim would say Allah...

Do you realize the pagan roots within Christianity? Even a wedding ring has its roots in paganism.

It really bugs me when people state that God cannot be called Allah.. Do Latinos have to call him God or is Dios okay?

So what is your God's name? God?

Perhaps I want to call him Fred.. Does that mean Fred is not my God and the same as yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2010, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,666,149 times
Reputation: 1699
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Fanatical Muslims often have this obsession with destroying "the west." They find sanction in the Quran to "fight against tho who fight against Allah/Islam" and figure that any interference (real or imagined) from the west in their Muslim societies is in effect a fight against Allah/Islam and thus it becomes okay to blow up themselves and others (including other Muslims). Some of these are the same people who believe Islam will take over the world in one way or another.

Where is Allah in all of this? If he is all powerful, why do they feel the need to help him out, so to speak? Can't Allah just destroy the enemies of Islam with a simple command from where he is? Why did Muhammad feel it necessary to tell his followers to use violence as a form of retaliation if Muhammad and his followers served the all powerful Allah? Does Allah not protect his own? Why does the responsibility to defend Islam fall upon the Muslim and not upon the god the Muslim serves?

Yes, the Old Testament has a similar pattern.
Here's what I figure..
Muhammed taught around the 6th-7th century. That means it was 600 or more years after Christianity started. If we go back from 600 or so years we see that the crusades were starting and Christians slaughtered Jews and others if they didn't believe. So with Islam being younger they seem to be following the same patter as Christianity.

It will pass. Just have to give them 5 or 6 hundred years to get over those darned violent tendencies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top