U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:23 AM

4,172 posts, read 5,990,486 times

Advertisements

Speaking about women in islam, here is a current case of a woman who reported being rape by a waiter but ended up being arrested for having sex with her boyfriend! Now they are asking her to marry her boyfriend as a condition of release. They are more interested in purifying the relationship she had with her bf and are not worried about the rape by the waiter.
British woman arrested in Dubai after reporting rape is told to drop allegation, admit being drunk and marry her fiancé if she wants to be freed | Mail Online
..all this in a more 'liberal' muslim country where (I think) females are even allowed to drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 10:49 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,905,628 times
So let me see if I get this, Jmcool. You are saying that women in Islamic countries, like Saudi Arabia, are treated better than women in the west? Are you implying that because of Islam, Muslim men treat their women with mutual respect, love and care? Are these women actually free to come and go as they please; to drive cars or share the same restaurant table with a man that is not her husband or family?

I get the idea that some Muslim women have to convince themselves that they are protected, cared for, treated with respect. Why are the women required to cover themselves from head to toe? The men can't control themselves so they try to control the women? If a woman is raped is it more likely that she is looked at for doing something to cause it to happen or is the focus on the man?

I am NOT saying there are not Muslim couples who are not really in love with each other, but isn't Islam skewed to benefit the man at the expense of the woman?

Old 01-09-2010, 11:01 AM

5,556 posts, read 6,905,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Speaking about women in islam, here is a current case of a woman who reported being rape by a waiter but ended up being arrested for having sex with her boyfriend! Now they are asking her to marry her boyfriend as a condition of release. They are more interested in purifying the relationship she had with her bf and are not worried about the rape by the waiter.
British woman arrested in Dubai after reporting rape is told to drop allegation, admit being drunk and marry her fiancé if she wants to be freed | Mail Online
..all this in a more 'liberal' muslim country where (I think) females are even allowed to drive.
Only read this after I posted my latest post but it highlights my point.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:03 AM

169 posts, read 314,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
jmoool, why would I care what Israel does? I'm not an Israeli or a Jew. I am not a member of their group. I have no responsibility for their actions, and I'm not responsible for protecting either of you.

The war between Muslim and Jew has nothing to do with me. The actions of Muslims against "infidels" such as myself *does* concern me.

The Abrahamic religions are *all* violent historically. At some point, all of you, Jew, Christian, and Muslim, are going to have to actually become peaceful, or you're going to destroy all of humanity with your insanity.

I know you not responsible for protecting either of you ..

and you have no responsibility for their actions

but I want The world knows ...

you as "infidels" Not entitled to any Muslim to harm you as long as you are not a fighter ..

Islam protects the rights of infidels ..that Abrahamic religions not call with

violent ...

yes I agree with you ME and , Jew, Christian, and Muslim, are going to have to actually become peaceful

we dissociate ourselves from any action harmful to non-Muslim innocents in the name of Islam

jmoool

Old 01-09-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
jmoool, why would I care what Israel does? I'm not an Israeli or a Jew. I am not a member of their group. I have no responsibility for their actions, and I'm not responsible for protecting either of you.

The war between Muslim and Jew has nothing to do with me. The actions of Muslims against "infidels" such as myself *does* concern me.

The Abrahamic religions are *all* violent historically. At some point, all of you, Jew, Christian, and Muslim, are going to have to actually become peaceful, or you're going to destroy all of humanity with your insanity.

OK ... I see you as "infidels" You have the right peace As long as you are not the aggressor (

Is not any Muslim the right to hurt you ...ME and all Jew, Christian, and Muslim have to actually become peaceful

we dissociate ourselves from any action harmful to non-Muslim innocents in the name of Islam ...

NOT correct me going to destroy all of humanity I will not do so because my religion (islam) forbids it

just are a handful from Shake the peace innocent

jmoool

Old 01-09-2010, 11:19 AM

Excuse me was repeat reply twice

jmoool

Old 01-09-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Jmcool, PLEASE don't forget post #17. I asked you some questions there.

OK I will not forget your ask

Tomorrow

Old 01-09-2010, 11:32 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,163,665 times
Americans are really good at some things:

Old 01-09-2010, 11:46 AM

1,618 posts, read 3,369,737 times
[quote=jmooool;12368837]OK

Why you ignore this ?

I don't ignore it. Israel is defending itself. Peace has been offered to the Gazans many times over the years and has not been accepted.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
So let me see if I get this, Jmcool. You are saying that women in Islamic countries, like Saudi Arabia, are treated better than women in the west? Are you implying that because of Islam, Muslim men treat their women with mutual respect, love and care? Are these women actually free to come and go as they please; to drive cars or share the same restaurant table with a man that is not her husband or family?

well ... YES because of Islam you find Treatment of women by men with

compassion and good virtue and religious duty

For that that women in Islam happier than women in the West you have

There's even a testimony from western women the same ..

Women in Islam, even if she has money ( rich) It must on her husband that spend from his money on her unless she Waived about that

that women in Islam pampered and luxurious ..

I am a Muslim girl from the land of Saudi Arabia ...

Islam does not prevent to women from driving cars but Man relationship

with his mother and his sister and his wife an intimate relationship

Therefore you find that man drives to the car for her as a kind of comfort

and luxurious .. ..pampered .... especially in Saudi Arabia

do observe to president of any country does he driving a car by himself

or by the driver ?

Islam was that liberated women from oppression

I have my independence..........

I have my responsibility.......

I have my opinion.........

Which was a gift it to me ISLAM

Praise be to God

this is women in Islam .........what about women have you ?

I get the idea that some Muslim women have to convince themselves that they are protected, cared for, treated with respect. Why are the women required to cover themselves from head to toe? The men can't control themselves so they try to control the women? If a woman is raped is it more likely that she is looked at for doing something to cause it to happen or is the focus on the man?

Of course, women have convinced their rights given by Islam because it is the one who gave her the freedom and dignity...

On the contrary it is women who control men ..how ?

she is decide who the man who view her body ...Her husband and her family but that view to her body all men that means without value

Is no difference between her husband and the rest of the men then ..

Her body does not become libido for all men

Why (hijab) to women not to men ? OR is there ( hijab) to men ?

Of course YES how then ?

( Men Must Lower their Gaze)

Science has proven that between men and women there is a big difference in the type of attraction which leads to fornication. For men this type of attraction is almost 100% physical with few exceptions. For women physical attraction plays much less of a role or at least a secondary role than things like the sense of humor, intelligence, financial status, and the general feeling of being loved and taken care which a man may offer. Even if a woman is deeply physically attracted to a man, she is much less likely than vice versa to go initiate contact with him, much less try to have sex with him.

For this reality God has prescribed certain measures to prevent man from indulging in his animalistic tendencies outside of the bonds of marriage.
The first we will talk about is God's command to man.

The Qur'an commands men -

"Say to the believing men 'Lower your gaze and guard your private parts from evil'. That is purer for them. Indeed God is completely acquainted with what they do." (Qur'an 24:30)

I am NOT saying there are not Muslim couples who are not really in love with each other, but isn't Islam skewed to benefit the man at the expense of the woman?
In married life ( couples ) Become their relationship with both them Unstable and insecure Where a man married has more than loved

NOT Islam skewed to benefit the man at the expense of the woman as above

when allah said "Say to the believing men 'Lower your gaze and guard your private parts from evil'. That is purer for them. Indeed God is completely acquainted with what they do." (Qur'an 24:30)

( The Qur'an commands men )

Praise be to God I live in the bosom of Islam

jmoool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam