U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 01:13 AM

169 posts, read 314,921 times

Advertisements

[quote=Dean Trails;12370796]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
OK

Why you ignore this ?

I don't ignore it. Israel is defending itself. Peace has been offered to the Gazans many times over the years and has not been accepted.

NOt true How does this happen and the people of Gaza is still under economic blockade of three years ...

Israeli raids continue So far

jmoool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 01:20 AM

169 posts, read 314,921 times

InsaneInDaMembrane

look this ...http://mosquepraiseallah.com/archives/863

jmoool

Old 01-10-2010, 04:40 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,163,665 times
Quote:
InsaneInDaMembrane

jmoool

I've always believed religion was established by men to place women in a submissive role. Anyway most of them do.

Ephesians 5:22-24

22 Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. 24 But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:10 PM

5,556 posts, read 6,905,628 times
Quote:
InsaneInDaMembrane

jmoool

Is this site implying that if women cover themselves from head to toe there would be less rape? How many women in Muslim countries are probably raped or violated in some other way, but REFUSE to or is AFRAID to go to the authorities?

Anyway, remember this story:

Saudi Gazette - Girl gets a year in jail, 100 lashes for adultery

Here is what part of it says:

Quote:
A 23-year-old unmarried woman was awarded one-year prison term and 100 lashes for committing adultery and trying to abort the resultant fetus. The District Court in Jeddah pronounced the verdict on Saturday after the girl confessed that she had a forced sexual intercourse with a man who had offered her a ride. The man, the girl confessed, took her to a rest house, east of Jeddah, where he and four of friends assaulted her all night long.
Huh?!?! She was charged with adultery after big raped. Note that she was NOT being punished for accepting a ride from a man who was not her husband or relative. She was being punished for being raped and somehow committing adultery while being raped.

What message is this sending to other Saudi women? Are they going to come forward and claim they were raped (even by their husbands) without not fearing they could get themselves into this kind of trouble?

Over here we are a FREE people. A woman has the right to be with WHOEVER she wants to be with, where when and how. We are NOT saying it is always the safe and wise thing to do, but she has a RIGHT to make that decision on her own. Our laws do not FORCE her to stay away from men for her "own good" as if she is too irresponsible to make wise, sensible personal decisions. Our laws, just like yours, are harsh of rapists so just like the rapists in your countries, they know if they are caught, they are in loads of trouble. Your laws TRIES to prevent it but clearly does NOT stop it while our laws allows individual freedoms that when abused, has consequences.

Last edited by InsaneInDaMembrane; 01-10-2010 at 01:22 PM..

Old 01-10-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
A woman has the right to be with WHOEVER she wants to be with,.
Adultery is the most widely condemned of the sexual sins; it is mentioned in the Ten Commandments, all four Gospels, and ten other books of the Bible.
You shall not commit adultery. (NIV, Exodus 20:14)
But a man who commits adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so destroys himself. (NIV, Proverbs 6:32)
And a certain ruler questioned Him, saying, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone. You know the commandments, 'Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not bear false witness, honor your father and mother.'" (NAS, Luke 18:18-20)

You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery'; but I say to you, that everyone who looks on a woman to lust for her has committed adultery with her already in his heart. (NAS, Matthew 5:27-28)

Old 01-10-2010, 12:33 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,901,271 times
When I see the honor killing of young men when they are meeting women without parental approval, I will consider Muslim society honorable and providing equality to all.....but we know that that will never happen.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
When I see the honor killing of young men when they are meeting women without parental approval, I will consider Muslim society honorable and providing equality to all.....but we know that that will never happen.
According to the Christian faith this life is simply the preparation for the afterlife. Anyone who ignores the repeated admonitions concerning adultery and fornication in the bible is betting their eternal life on it.

See...I don't believe any religion. One of them is just as rediculous as the other to me. But if I did believe the new testament I would try to be very sure that my shoes were never found under the bed of any woman except my legally documented wife.

"The Son of Man shall send out His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who do iniquity, and shall cast them into a furnace of fire. There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
Mat 13:41-42)
"So it shall be at the end of the world. The angels shall come out and separate the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire. There shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
Mat 13:49-5
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Away from me, you that are under God's curse! Away to the eternal fire which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels!"
"These, then, will be sent off to eternal punishment, but the righteous will go to eternal life."
Mat 25:41 & 46)
"And if your foot offends you, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life lame than to have two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched
their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched."
Mark 9:45-46)
"And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am tormented in this flame."
Luke 16:23-24
"He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the Light, because their deeds were evil."
John 3:18-19
" - in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God and who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, ...."
"And a third angel followed them, saying with a great voice, If anyone worships the beast and its image, and receives a mark in his forehead or in his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the anger of God, having been mixed undiluted in the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented by fire and brimstone before the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever. And they have no rest day or night, those who worship the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name."
Rev 14:9-11
"And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the Lake of Fire."
Rev 20:15
"But the fearful, and the unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, will have their part in the Lake burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Rev 21:8

Old 01-10-2010, 02:11 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,886,176 times
Quote:
Is bad behavior is limited to Muslims?

In any place we may find the following address ;

Jewish behaving badly-again !

Christians behaving badly-again !

WHY?

People of various religions is not infallible mistakes ...

A little bit of impartiality then

jmoool
Muslims seem to believe they have a right to kill people, and that is why they strap bombs on their bodies. How many Christians target Muslims, or burn down Mosques. How often do you see Christian leaders calling for other Christian to kill Muslims?

Muslims Urged to Kill Christians

Old 01-10-2010, 02:15 PM

30,874 posts, read 31,750,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Muslims seem to believe they have a right to kill people, and that is why they strap bombs on their bodies. How many Christians target Muslims, or burn down Mosques. How often do you see Christian leaders calling for other Christian to kill Muslims?

Muslims Urged to Kill Christians
I dunno, but I often hear about them calling on Christians to kill gays....Is that any better?

Old 01-10-2010, 02:17 PM

1,618 posts, read 3,369,737 times
Quote:

NOt true How does this happen and the people of Gaza is still under economic blockade of three years ...

Israeli raids continue So far

jmoool
Yes, it is true. Israel has offered to wage peace since before Jimmy Carter was president. The Gazans continue their aggression. INMO they want to play the victim card to get sympathy from the world. It appears that strategy is working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam