U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 04:34 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,163,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
How often do you see Christian leaders calling for other Christian to kill Muslims?
I'm straining to keep from laughing out loud!

George W. Bush said he prayed for two weeks about the invasion of Iraq. Then he said god told him to proceed. There had never been a suicide bombing in Iraq during their total recorded history but in 2003 they started. More than 2,000,000 Iraqis fled from their homes into Jordan and Syria. Conservative estimates count 150,000 innocents in Iraq as collateral damage. Just where do you or any other get off by pointing to a few thousand deaths the Muslims have been able to carry out while ignoring that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 11:59 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,885,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I dunno, but I often hear about them calling on Christians to kill gays....Is that any better?
What total nonsense, care to give us a link which shows Christians leaders telling us to kill gay people.

If you can't provide one, I will understand.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
I'm straining to keep from laughing out loud!

George W. Bush said he prayed for two weeks about the invasion of Iraq. Then he said god told him to proceed. There had never been a suicide bombing in Iraq during their total recorded history but in 2003 they started. More than 2,000,000 Iraqis fled from their homes into Jordan and Syria. Conservative estimates count 150,000 innocents in Iraq as collateral damage. Just where do you or any other get off by pointing to a few thousand deaths the Muslims have been able to carry out while ignoring that?
When did George W. Bush become a Christian leader? Did he ever pastor a church? I think you have your religious leaders confused with politicians. The whole point of my post, was asking when do we see Christian leaders calling for Christians to kill other non Christians? Please get on the same page.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:48 AM

30,874 posts, read 31,747,081 times
Quote:
What total nonsense, care to give us a link which shows Christians leaders telling us to kill gay people.

If you can't provide one, I will understand.
You must live in a cave...

Quote:
Under the influence of Ugandan evangelical preachers, the country’s parliament is considering a sinister step. Leaders are mulling over imposing the death penalty or life imprisonment for “aggravated homosexuality.”
Killing homosexuals for having sex? Just as shocking, however, are the links between the proposal and American Christians who have at times been rousing cheerleaders for Uganda's draconian statutes. Three US ministers in support of this bill are Scott Lively of Abiding Truth Ministries, Don Schmierer of Exodus International and the International Healing Foundation, and Lee Brundidge, who often works with a group called Extreme Prophetic,
denkross' life in Uganda: If Uganda Executes Gays, Will American Christians be Complicit?

The Progressive Puppy: Baptist Pastor Advocates Killing Gays

If Uganda Executes Gays, Will American Christians be Complicit? -- Politics Daily

Fundamentalist Minister Supports Bush, Threatens to "kill gays and lie to God."

Old 01-12-2010, 04:17 AM

The minister in Uganda Scott Lively said he does not support such a law.

Jimmy Swaggert I do not even consider a Christian. His life represents something other than the love of Christ, and the fact that he talks about killing a gay man, is another major departure from what Christ taught.

Stephen L. Anderson falls in the same camp as Swaggert. There are people out there who have the title of Christian, yet as Jesus once said, you will know them by their works.

The Christian faith does not lead one to support the murder of anyone, and those who suggest such a thing do not agree with the teachings of Christ. They are leaders in name only.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:55 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,648,133 times
All my wise folks in here ..i hope u all are aware that a day will come when u me and the entire planet will be doomed .. in simple words we're all gonna DIE .. the question is FOR WHAT ? .. FOR WHOM and WHY ? .. i believe we have the liberty to choose any of the 3 questions, 2 or all of it ..however the answer to these questions lies in our actions and perceptions ..while the results will be out on the day of judgement .. so do what u think is best for u ..not for the world and anybody ..nobody is coming to share the coffin with u ..its strictly no twin sharing lolz .. what im trying to prove in here is that no matter what religion u follow or whatever u believe in whomever u believe in vice versa .. its ultimately the creator and his judgement that matters for better or for worse .. so toss the coin ..watch your step .. beware ! ..take it whichever way u like

Old 01-12-2010, 05:50 AM

Quote:
The minister in Uganda Scott Lively said he does not support such a law.

Jimmy Swaggert I do not even consider a Christian. His life represents something other than the love of Christ, and the fact that he talks about killing a gay man, is another major departure from what Christ taught.

Stephen L. Anderson falls in the same camp as Swaggert. There are people out there who have the title of Christian, yet as Jesus once said, you will know them by their works.

The Christian faith does not lead one to support the murder of anyone, and those who suggest such a thing do not agree with the teachings of Christ. They are leaders in name only.
Ahh, the no true Scotsman excuse...Once again....Since we are way off topic here I will move this discussion

Old 01-12-2010, 07:44 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,423,649 times
[quote=jmooool;12355926]Is bad behavior is limited to Muslims?

In any place we may find the following address ;

Jewish behaving badly-again !

Christians behaving badly-again !

WHY?

People of various religions is not infallible mistakes ...

A little bit of impartiality then

jmoool

No, bad behavior is not limited to Muslims. That is not the issue. The issue is the type of bad behavior Islamic extremists are carrying out. Terrorism is the issue and the killing of thousands of innocents civilians worldwide, both Muslim and non-Muslim victims at the hand of Islamic terrorists.

As to your quote "Jewish behaving badly again!" :

Jews live all over the world, not just in Israel and we don't all think the same. I also have not seen Jews carrying out the sorts of terrorist activities Muslims are taking part in lately. Yes some Jews have behaved badly but not in the same way the terrorists have.

Balance is a good thing but fortunately the Jewish people are not blowing up buildings, buses, airplanes, or calling for irradiation of an entire people or the downfall of the west. Those activities seem to have been carried out by Muslims. Its the Muslim world who insists on blaming the other for its problems instead of looking inward and fixing its own problems. Unfortunately until the violence of some Muslims comes under control most will be held responsible to work towards getting their ummah under control. The problem of Islamic terrorism cannot be fixed by anyone else other then the Muslim ummah.

So instead of accusing others of not being balanced you could at least acknowledge that their is really a problem at this time in the Muslim community. Maybe if Muslims would acknowledge the problems then they could work towards fixing them instead of blaming everyone else. I will leave the Christians to speak to the issue of "Christians behaving badly again!".

Old 01-13-2010, 01:23 PM

169 posts, read 314,910 times
[quote=Jazzymom;12409438]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
Is bad behavior is limited to Muslims?

In any place we may find the following address ;

Jewish behaving badly-again !

Christians behaving badly-again !

WHY?

People of various religions is not infallible mistakes ...

A little bit of impartiality then

jmoool

No, bad behavior is not limited to Muslims. That is not the issue. The issue is the type of bad behavior Islamic extremists are carrying out. Terrorism is the issue and the killing of thousands of innocents civilians worldwide, both Muslim and non-Muslim victims at the hand of Islamic terrorists.

As to your quote "Jewish behaving badly again!" :

Jews live all over the world, not just in Israel and we don't all think the same. I also have not seen Jews carrying out the sorts of terrorist activities Muslims are taking part in lately. Yes some Jews have behaved badly but not in the same way the terrorists have.

Balance is a good thing but fortunately the Jewish people are not blowing up buildings, buses, airplanes, or calling for irradiation of an entire people or the downfall of the west. Those activities seem to have been carried out by Muslims. Its the Muslim world who insists on blaming the other for its problems instead of looking inward and fixing its own problems. Unfortunately until the violence of some Muslims comes under control most will be held responsible to work towards getting their ummah under control. The problem of Islamic terrorism cannot be fixed by anyone else other then the Muslim ummah.

So instead of accusing others of not being balanced you could at least acknowledge that their is really a problem at this time in the Muslim community. Maybe if Muslims would acknowledge the problems then they could work towards fixing them instead of blaming everyone else. I will leave the Christians to speak to the issue of "Christians behaving badly again!".

You as Jew Is not Israel is killing and destroying homes and killing women and children in Gaza ....

Look in the war last winter on the ""Gaza Strip"" ...what this is called ?

Terrorism itself ( it are still the Arab world and European Condemns Israel even now .... A brutal war is inhumane ..We can not compare them with suicide bombers ...

Just a bunch of violence does not equal with the destruction of an entire region and killed to its people ....

Furthermore they are still besieging the people of Gaza economically ..

they are still Depriving them of their rights as human beings ...

Three years in poverty and hunger...Suicide bombings are just a dot in a sea of Israeli terrorism ...

that die of an entire people This is the greatest crime in history ..

There is no justification for killing innocent people

What about all this in your concept?

jmoool

Old 01-13-2010, 01:57 PM

Muslim-American Organizations' Anti-Radicalization Effort 'A Sham'

"It is shocking that this conference, identified by some major Muslim-American groups as the venue to start the process of reform at a time of growing attacks and threats by American Muslim extremists, was a sham and nothing more than a cover for the dissemination of hateful anti-American and anti-Israel views and anti-Semitism,"

Muslim-American Organizations' Anti-Radicalization Effort 'A Sham'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam