U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2010, 10:41 AM

30,883 posts, read 31,761,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
As I told you, this is some wrong act which I reject; and it is the misinterpretation of the aya 4: 24

This is in the Quran 4: 23-24
حُرِّمَتْ عَلَيْكُمْ أُمَّهَاتُكُمْ وَبَنَاتُكُمْ وَأَخَوَاتُكُمْ وَعَمَّاتُكُمْ وَخَالاَتُكُمْ وَبَنَاتُ الأَخِ وَبَنَاتُ الأُخْتِ وَأُمَّهَاتُكُمُ اللاَّتِي أَرْضَعْنَكُمْ وَأَخَوَاتُكُم مِّنَ الرَّضَاعَةِ وَأُمَّهَاتُ نِسَآئِكُمْ وَرَبَائِبُكُمُ اللاَّتِي فِي حُجُورِكُم مِّن نِّسَآئِكُمُ اللاَّتِي دَخَلْتُم بِهِنَّ فَإِن لَّمْ تَكُونُواْ دَخَلْتُم بِهِنَّ فَلاَ جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ وَحَلاَئِلُ أَبْنَائِكُمُ الَّذِينَ مِنْ أَصْلاَبِكُمْ وَأَن تَجْمَعُواْ بَيْنَ الأُخْتَيْنِ إَلاَّ مَا قَدْ سَلَفَ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا . وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ النِّسَاء إِلاَّ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ كِتَابَ اللّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ
وَأُحِلَّ لَكُم مَّا وَرَاء ذَلِكُمْ أَن تَبْتَغُواْ بِأَمْوَالِكُم مُّحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحِينَ فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُم بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً وَلاَ جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا

The explanation:
(Prohibited to you [for marriage] are:

>> your mothers,

>> daughters,

>> sisters;

>> father's sisters,

>> mother's sisters;

>> brother's daughters,

>> sister's daughters;

>> foster-mothers who gave you suck,

>> foster-sisters;

>> mothers of your wives;

>> your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom you have gone in, no prohibition if you have not gone in;

>> [those who have been] wives of your sons proceeding from your loins;

>> and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time,

except for what is past; for God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

>> Also [prohibited are] women already married,

except those [female war-prisoners] whom your right hands possess:

thus has God commanded you.

Lawful to you in marriage are:
all [women] other than those mentioned, so that you seek them [in marriage] with your wealth [by giving them the dower] in honest wedlock, not fornicating.

And those with whom you seek enjoyment by it [by marrying them], give to them their dowers as an obligation.

And there is no blame on you in what you do by mutual agreement [concerning the dower] after the obligation [has been stated.]

Surely, God is All-Knowing, Most Wise.)

So by misinterpreting this aya and fabricating some traditions this act has been made by some Muslims with their ignorance.

Quran Interpretation
Thanks for the link...I found the part on "Retorting the atheist" particularly funny and entertaining, not withstanding the fact that it is full of lies.

Retorting the Atheist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 11:22 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,578,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Thanks for the link...I found the part on "Retorting the atheist" particularly funny and entertaining, not withstanding the fact that it is full of lies.

Retorting the Atheist

Some people are the remnants of the pre-Islam paganism: the worshippers of planets and stars, particularly the Jady star; such people are liars, magicians and full of rancor. The liar in fact is the atheist and the disbeliever.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:29 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,185,699 times
Whoa...let's be careful who we call LIARS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
This can't possibly mean what I think it means.
Yep yep yep.

My doctor has no idea how much my blood pressure has suffered JUST from this one thread.

Luckily, there are some Muslims who continue to fight for gender equality in the Muslim world:

The rights of Muslim Women | International Humanist and Ethical Union

Old 03-19-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Some people are the remnants of the pre-Islam paganism: the worshippers of planets and stars, particularly the Jady star; such people are liars, magicians and full of rancor. The liar in fact is the atheist and the disbeliever.
I reject your mythology and substitute my reality....To deny that which is obvious as that site does, may not be entirely lies, but it is certainly massive ignorance.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:36 AM

2,633 posts, read 4,532,756 times
Quote:

Retorting the Atheist
Holy crap! that's the islamic version of AIG. Why do people believe in this tripe? UGH

Old 03-19-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Holy crap! that's the islamic version of AIG. Why do people believe in this tripe? UGH
Smack your face again and again; the crap and tripe is the word of the atheist.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I reject your mythology and substitute my reality....To deny that which is obvious as that site does, may not be entirely lies, but it is certainly massive ignorance.

In reality I reject your atheism and ignorance.

I shall expose the atheist and the atheism in addition to the idolatry and associating others with God in the worshipping.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:

I shall expose the atheist and the atheism in addition to the idolatry and associating others with God in the worshipping.
Well you are not going to win friends and influence people with that attitude I'm afraid, nor will you win many debates by calling whole groups of people (atheists) ignorant, and other groups (Christians and other beliefs) worshipers of false gods.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:33 PM

7,525 posts, read 14,905,412 times
Quote:
That's ok, we reject your god, your violence, your ignorance, and your smugness.

Quote:
You've already exposed the failure and the lies of Islam for us to see.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:09 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,532,756 times
Quote:
Smack your face again and again; the crap and tripe is the word of the atheist.
It's understandable that you'd hate atheists because they don't buy into the lies spread by Islam but it just makes you look foolish. We are not the ones spreading lies, we are not the ones going around and beating our wifes while calling it "tapping" and we are not the ones who would condone something like the little gem on post 88.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam